Memphis Depay

jamrock

If bringing him in means we drop griezmann then I'd take him, he can't he any worst.

Though he will bring about the next problem in our setup which is messi coming off the right, which means no on is playing on the right :lol:

But thats a problem we will deal with later, just get blondey off the pitch.

Porque

Only one game in but if Messi is going to be false 9 then we don't really need him.

But if Braithwaite goes then we are much better with the option of Depay. Gives relief for Fati too.

jairzinho

We already have too many similar players in attack. What skillsets will he bring that we don?t already have ?.

snowy

Memphis is a cold killa Savana Panthera but we're already stacked upfront

Ansu/Demb - Messi/Colgate - Trink/Demb
Rafi/Couti/Pedri/Puig/Griezz/Memphis
Konrad/Puig/Frenkie - Pjanic/Griezz/Bob
Firpo/Alba - Lenglet/Araujo - Pique/Todibo - Dest/Moussa
Neto/MaTs

Best save the mullah for King Haal or reinforce our backline. I'd rather get one of 'em 190cm+ monsta CBs to capitalize on and also defend set pieces

So many of our corners are wasted!

Andresito

Staff member
Memphis is a cold killa Savana Panthera but we're already stacked upfront

Ansu/Demb - Messi/Colgate - Trink/Demb
Rafi/Couti/Pedri/Puig/Griezz/Memphis
Konrad/Puig/Frenkie - Pjanic/Griezz/Bob
Firpo/Alba - Lenglet/Araujo - Pique/Todibo - Dest/Moussa
Neto/MaTs

Best save the mullah for King Haal or reinforce our backline. I'd rather get one of 'em 190cm+ monsta CBs to capitalize on and also defend set pieces

So many of our corners are wasted!

Konrad and Griezzyboy CM dawg?

serghei

We are stacked, but currently we're running in ideal conditions. Fati running hot, Dembele not injured, Coutinho in form. If Dembele gets injured (can happen at any point), and Coutinho drops form like he did in the past, things don't look quite as rosy.

Plus that Depay would be a good option to replace Messi in the summer when his contract is up.

But I agree, only sign him if the deal is indeed too good to pass. And if we plan to rotate the players in attack, and I mean really rotate. Because Depay is not the guy to be a bench warmer.

Also, sell Braithwaite.

Last edited:

snowy

Konrad showed a lot of vertical instincts and has decent speed. Would be great if Koe tried him out at 2nd half when we've got a comfy lead. If anything, would serve to rest our players and raise his value as well :thumbsup:

For ma man Grizz, till he shows more confidence upfront, would rather play him CM next to Frenkie or Pjanic. He runs betters than Busi anyways and is comfy with defensive drills.

Andrew M

I don't think we should buy him. I don't think he improves us tbh. He may get some league goals but in big games I have strong doubts. Save resources for next summer.

serghei

I don't think we should buy him. I don't think he improves us tbh. He may get some league goals but in big games I have strong doubts. Save resources for next summer.

I think we'll only buy him if Koeman really insists for him. And if he insists for him he better have a plan regarding what to do with him.

Andrew M

I think we'll only buy him if Koeman really insists for him. And if he insists for him he better have a plan regarding what to do with him.

Even if he insists I think he should be overruled. Koeman might be thinking short term with this one

Sorin

He won't make any difference in how our season goes. Why waste 25m for him when we have bigger fish to fry in the next summer transfer window? It doesn't make any sense to buy more of what we already have.

mc_lovin

Even if he insists I think he should be overruled. Koeman might be thinking short term with this one

Again, theres not much to lose. 25ME for a 26 years old player is a decent investment (whos market value is double that). We need two CFs anyway when Messi eventually leaves.

I wouldnt mind not getting him, but its a decent market opportunity. Koeman seems to really want him as well.

fergus90

Does he offer anything different than what we've already got or does he improve on players in the positions he will be used. The answer is both cases for me is a no.

messi2140

6racies Xavi
There are other positions that need strengthening instead of adding another player that would most likely not fit tactically

Home of Barca Fans