Memphis Depay

DonAK

President of FC Barcelona
The most likely scenario is Griezman to leave not Dembele, that's the intention of the club

So we will most likely see Depay + Dembele.
Good!

They'll tell Dembele to find a new club too if he doesn't agree to their contract offer of a lower salary. They'll meet with his agent tomorrow it seems so we'll probably have news within a couple of weeks or so.

Horatio

You're welcome
He was top of the top in chances created in Ligue 1 last season

If there is something missing in him, that's not his creativity

Surprised to hear. Today for example had one good cross on Dumfries. Rest of the game sloppy and crosses going wide. Expecting to see more of those games at Barca. Will alter it with great games from time to time.

Birdy

They'll tell Dembele to find a new club too if he doesn't agree to their contract offer of a lower salary. They'll meet with his agent tomorrow it seems so we'll probably have news within a couple of weeks or so.

Yes sure.
But Griezman to go is Laporta's intention, and with Depay coming I think they will try every possible way to do it

feggydinho

Sell Griezmann and Dembele.

Sign Depay for free and then sign another winger that's quick, direct and can dribble efficiently with close control, and no Birdy I do not want another discussion about Dembele's dribbling. Pls no. I just don't rate that bum anymore.

I think Griezmann is better than Depay, but just on very high wages. Depay's press looks quite bad, let's see how he fits in if he comes though

DonAK

Surprised to hear. Today for example had one good cross on Dumfries. Rest of the game sloppy and crosses going wide. Expecting to see more of those games at Barca. Will alter it with great games from time to time.

He's a good player, but not World Class. I think Griezmann is a better player easily, but Memphis being a bit more versatile and on lower wages probably better for us if that means we can strengthen our defence.

Porque

The rumours are that they are looking at different combinations with City. The Gamper double header with City, clearly the clubs are having alot of discussions.

Would Dembele even interest Pep though? Or even anyone we have on the peripheral list? Could Pep see something in Lenglet for example.

JamDav1982

The rumours are that they are looking at different combinations with City. The Gamper double header with City, clearly the clubs are having alot of discussions.

Would Dembele even interest Pep though? Or even anyone we have on the peripheral list? Could Pep see something in Lenglet for example.

Most likely Barca suggesting swaps and City rejecting them.

Cant see Pep being interested in any player bar maybe Griezmann or Dembele if thinks can coach him into something else.

Roberto as well if reports are true.

DonAK

I'd be surprised if either of them would interest him. Frankly I don't think he's even interested in Roberto. Yet to see a reporter/journalist close to City in England report a such thing.

Porque

Most likely Barca suggesting swaps and City rejecting them.

Cant see Pep being interested in any player bar maybe Griezmann or Dembele if thinks can coach him into something else.

Roberto as well if reports are true.

Probably as you say.

Only reason I would say Pep might be interested in Lenglet is because he is good on the ball and never injured. Compared to Laporte, Pep might think he can bring Lenglet back to the level of Sevilla and first Barcelona season- maybe even improve him.

But it is a long shot and if Pep sold Laporte it is because he has spotted that new 30-40m+ diamond in the rough that he thinks he can make shine- and I don't think that it's Lenglet.

JamDav1982

Probably as you say.

Only reason I would say Pep might be interested in Lenglet is because he is good on the ball and never injured. Compared to Laporte, Pep might think he can bring Lenglet back to the level of Sevilla and first Barcelona season- maybe even improve him.

But it is a long shot and if Pep sold Laporte it is because he has spotted that new 30-40m+ diamond in the rough that he thinks he can make shine- and I don't think that it's Lenglet.

Cant see Pep having any interest in Lenglet. Maybe Griezmann as is a top player and could cope with his football and if allowed them to sell players and further raise money for Kane/Grealish.

Lenglet swap for Laporte doesnt add much really but making squad worse and too much value in player most likely rated behind Ake for LCB.

Doubt City have interest in any Barca player really for anything up to Laporte value.

Birdy

Check this comparison between Depay and Messi, Neymar, De Bruyne, and finally Griezman in their domestic leagues each:

He is 3rd in xA per 90min, behind Neymar and De Bruyne but above Messi
exactly the same in Keypasses per 90
He is 3rd in Goal-creating actions per 90, behind Messi and Neymar but above De Bruyne

The contrast with Griezman in that department is pretty stark

Of course French League is much easier, and he is not gonna have the role of main creator here, but
you can say he is a very creative player

Home of Barca Fans