Mehdi Benatia

USWAY

Unless Roma truly doesn't want to sell, I honestly can't see why we just don't splash the money on the guy, the 40-45 million. We had an extremely disappointing year, the best defender in the history of the club retired, and CB's ben a problem for a few years now. Seems like a pretty good pretty good partner for Pique and he's just entering his prime.

Our budget was what, 120 million euros? With the Cesc sale 153 million? At a big club, when a player can mean the difference between winning titles or not you pay the price. Ask Bayern if they regret splashing 40m on Javi Martinez, or even Real Madrid on Bale? Doubtful.

Seems like the ship has sailed, but it would be a nice surprise.

Unless Roma truly doesn't want to sell, I honestly can't see why we just don't splash the money on the guy, the 40-45 million. We had an extremely disappointing year, the best defender in the history of the club retired, and CB's ben a problem for a few years now. Seems like a pretty good pretty good partner for Pique and he's just entering his prime.

Our budget was what, 120 million euros? With the Cesc sale 153 million? At a big club, when a player can mean the difference between winning titles or not you pay the price. Ask Bayern if they regret splashing 40m on Javi Martinez, or even Real Madrid on Bale? Doubtful.

Seems like the ship has sailed, but it would be a nice surprise.
Because it's not enough to have 2 world class CBs in your team to make it work, the 2 must also complement each other and beyond that they need to be adaptable to our style of play.

Benatia doesn't complement Pique, and with his pace we'll just get killed on the counter. Besides, the only reason we've been heavily linked with him is because he's the only decent option available, so I would rather have us invest the same amount of money in a player like Laporte even if he's not yet ready, but who has a higher potential and would actually fit our style and complement Pique.

CatalinR10

Benatia doesn't complement Pique

76IOQad.gif

Culeee

Because it's not enough to have 2 world class CBs in your team to make it work, the 2 must also complement each other and beyond that they need to be adaptable to our style of play.

Benatia doesn't complement Pique, and with his pace we'll just get killed on the counter. Besides, the only reason we've been heavily linked with him is because he's the only decent option available, so I would rather have us invest the same amount of money in a player like Laporte even if he's not yet ready, but who has a higher potential and would actually fit our style and complement Pique.
lol at ''decent'' option.. the guy has been argueably the best defender in europe last season

DonAK

President of FC Barcelona
Benatia doesn't complement Pique? How? Because he is not very fast? Neither is Laporte LOLOLOLOL

Juan Shoe

Pique and Benatia or in fact Pique and Hummels could be fantastic. To say they don't complement each other purely on the basis that neither is fast is a nonsense. Positioning is just as important as raw speed to a top defender.

Last edited:

Sumlit

San Claudio Bravo
I agree, the team needs to find someone that truly complements Pique. The only option out there is simply Usain Bolt. Young, tall and fast.

Neymessi

Benatia is our best option but now him coming here is not happening.I feel that hummels is the second best realistic good option for us.We should make him our priority if he is somehow buyable.

Bertus

Benatia is our best option but now him coming here is not happening.I feel that hummels is the second best realistic good option for us.We should make him our priority if he is somehow buyable.
Nice joke.

Dortmund is worst than Nasser when they don't want to sell a player. We're talking about a club that refused big money for Lewa, and preferred to let him go for free afterwards.

As long as Klopp is against selling a player, and so far he never implied he wants hummels out, it's dead.

Neymessi

Nice joke.

Dortmund is worst than Nasser when they don't want to sell a player. We're talking about a club that refused big money for Lewa, and preferred to let him go for free afterwards.

As long as Klopp is against selling a player, and so far he never implied he wants hummels out, it's dead.

Thats what I said.If he is somehow buyable.I know klopp will be reluctant but hope is the only thing barca fans can do in search for a good CB.

SeloBarca

I would bid 50-60m for either Hummels or Benatia. We wont be able to buy anyone next year, and the rest are simply not good enough.
Laporte would be ok.

Home of Barca Fans