Mavericky Puig

JohnN

Actually let him dominate at Galaxy till summer that way maybe PSG will go for him. Imagine Puig, Verratti, Mbappe, Ney, Messi. Huge upgrade over Vitinha for sure.

Damn... Vitinha has been a great addition for PSG, playing alongside Verrati. He is not even comparable to Puig. This is next level trolling.

Bobo32

This Barca legend is playing for his current team in 1h20mins. The chat should of course be opened for this, but I assume I will be disappointed!

Porque

Heard whispers Luis Enrique will be watching this as he is eyeing Riqui Puig for the World Cup in place of Soler, Fabian Ruiz and Thiago!

Richard.H

Puig just gave a stunning assist to Chicharito for the goal, great play!

EDIT: dumbass ref just overturned the goal because a foul occurred at the very beginning of the play. Galaxy getting robbed.

Last edited:

JamDav1982

We are talking about a league where Ryan Gauld who was not good enough for SPL last time he was there has 6 assists and 5 goals in his last 15 odd games from midfield.

Also scored and out shone wee Riqui last time they were on park together.

Levels laddies.

JamDav1982

Ryan Gauld could clearly now walk into the Barca midfield.

Should sign Carles Gill as well.

He is performing at levels Riqui and Gauld are.

Never mind he was a failed La Liga and EPL player... it is MLS where class shines.

Could take a punt on Lewis Morgan as well and have two scotsmen at Barca.. who cares that he failed in SPL and was average poor in league one England... he scored 18 goals in MLS last season from out wide.

Last edited:

Andresito

Staff member
You make jokes but I've never seen anybody perform against the B team of Jamaica the way Riqui did.

With all this MLS experience I think he very well might perform against Jamaica's A team as well.

Bobo32

You make jokes but I've never seen anybody perform against the B team of Jamaica the way Riqui did.

With all this MLS experience I think he very well might perform against Jamaica's A team as well.

To remind those who join in these terrible attempts how he perform against the highest level, here is his game against Atletico Madrid from roughly 2 years ago.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GLrFKFBgqzA
This player was the one with truly great potential to build a dominating team around. Yes, some great new attackers would be needed (fit Fati might've developed into one) but Puig had the correct balance of creativity and control needed to dominate the game through the center, which neither Pedri, Frenkie or Gavi has shown.

I read this morning some early pages of this thread, from 2019, and saw the positivity from posters like mc_lovin and fergus90 for example. Everyone was positive. The only thing Riqui has done since then is impress, the times he got to play. He was a great sub player on the biggest stage, and now he is showing (as he apparently showed in Barca B as well back then) that he is great as the main focus of a dominating team. The things he does is not really dependent on the level of the opposition, as he is "afraid" to get into battles (meaning he knows how to move to be available to circulate securely) and chooses the correct option rather than the exploiting option, he is constantly on a 90% success rate.

What we see is not him being able to dominate because he is now on a lower level - it is him dominating because he is getting regular playing time.

Home of Barca Fans