Mavericky Puig

Messigician

It'd be fascinating to know what the reaction would be by Barca fans online and the club if an unknown midfielder with Catalan heritage arrived on the scene in MLS and started performing like this.

He'd probably be getting billed as the next Iniesta with the club bidding 50m+ for him in the next transfer window.

Aye

Porque

It'd be fascinating to know what the reaction would be by Barca fans online and the club if an unknown midfielder with Catalan heritage arrived on the scene in MLS and started performing like this.

He'd probably be getting billed as the next Iniesta with the club bidding 50m+ for him in the next transfer window.

Aye. And if I hadn't spent over a decade with my wife, I would probably find her hot :coffee:

MTL_Barca

Difference is that we already know Puig is not good enough because he actually had a chance at the 1st team. Players like Gavi or Araujo took their chance, Puig didn't. Pretty simple.

DonAK

President of FC Barcelona
Good for him. Might earn a move back to a decent team in Europe if someone takes a punt at him.

I would say however that is is pretty shocking how low the level of the MLS is when Riqui Puig can step in and dominate like this from day one.

Bobo32

Good for him. Might earn a move back to a decent team in Europe if someone takes a punt at him.

I would say however that is is pretty shocking how low the level of the MLS is when Riqui Puig can step in and dominate like this from day one.

There are a lot of very talented players in the league. Insigne for example is a world class player, and he is currently on about the same G+A per game as he was in Napoli. I can't really speak about whether he or the others dominate or not, as I didn't really watch the games, but I read a lot of posts about Puig being too good for the league.

Maybe he would dominate like this in the level of the La Liga like he did vs Atletico or Juventus or other top teams if he got the chance to play there regularly.

edit: in any way I have gotten a lot of questions on my doubts from Puig. His stamina seems to be very good, see for example how he sprinted like a maniac in min. 67 to almost anticipate a goal yesterday. His leadership and reliability seems to also be top notch, I watched only one full game with LA Galaxy, but he seems to thrive being the engine of the team, playing reliably while also progressively and creatively - he doesn't seem to be making silly mistakes and have found the right balance for when to threaten and when to circulate the ball.

Last edited:

Messigician

There are a lot of very talented players in the league. Insigne for example is a world class player, and he is currently on about the same G+A per game as he was in Napoli. I can't really speak about whether he or the others dominate or not, as I didn't really watch the games, but I read a lot of posts about Puig being too good for the league.

Maybe he would dominate like this in the level of the La Liga like he did vs Atletico or Juventus or other top teams if he got the chance to play there regularly.

edit: in any way I have gotten a lot of questions on my doubts from Puig. His stamina seems to be very good, see for example how he sprinted like a maniac in min. 67 to almost anticipate a goal yesterday. His leadership and reliability seems to also be top notch, I watched only one full game with LA Galaxy, but he seems to thrive being the engine of the team, playing reliably while also progressively and creatively - he doesn't seem to be making silly mistakes and have found the right balance for when to threaten and when to circulate the ball.

Stopped reading at Insigne is world class

Home of Barca Fans