Mavericky Puig

Porque

Careful what you wish for. Pretty sure Riqui Puig would replace Sarabia as coach too.

Fool me once, shame on me ...

giphy.gif

Andresito

Staff member
Appealing to stupid authority now, no shame with you.

Where do you think he'll end up? I don't think Barca will hold out for more than 5m for him, or he might stay for another year and move for free in 2023. Great value for Barcelona's best midfielder, no?

Market value currently is 7m. Only rumoured club interested is Andorra FC. Feel free to post any rumours in case I've missed any.

Where can he realistically go?

Respekt_III

Anti-everything
This thread is always great as its entertaining while also exposing trolls and deluded cunts, the problem is trying to identify which is which.

Bobo32

Still obsessed with the friendly game against Jamaica's reserves eh. Have you looked at their side? Their most capped player of that game plays for Toulouse in Ligue 2 with an almighty 25 minutes in 2022. The majority of the XI made their international debuts that game :lol:

What does it matter? The Catalan side was OK, and he was the best player on the pitch. Just look at the video, he did some great stuff. We already know he can do the same against Atletico or Juventus.
Nevermind this game or this player, a person arguing that you cannot judge a performance because the level of the game is too low I would never trust the judgement of.

If I didn't need to coach tonight that vid would make me pop the bottle right now, what a player!

vegitot

Someone need to send that video to Man City, Liverpool, Bayern... or else this gem will be porhub actor in next season.

ajnotkeith

What does it matter? The Catalan side was OK, and he was the best player on the pitch. Just look at the video, he did some great stuff. We already know he can do the same against Atletico or Juventus.
Nevermind this game or this player, a person arguing that you cannot judge a performance because the level of the game is too low I would never trust the judgement of.

If I didn't need to coach tonight that vid would make me pop the bottle right now, what a player!
Makes sense you don't consider the level of the opponent as a factor else you'd have to explain away why Puig was so shite against part time sides in the Copa.

I wish I could see what you see in Puig. It would be very interesting indeed. I hope he goes to a club where he can actually start so we can see all of this bottled up potential.

Iniesta Ultra

Makes sense you don't consider the level of the opponent as a factor else you'd have to explain away why Puig was so shite against part time sides in the Copa.

This nonsense again. The only teammates he could link with were defenders: Busi, Alba, and Alves. He was surrounded by low level attackers: Nico, Jutgla, Akhomach. Cucurella and Deulofeu are substantially better attackers than those three.

And with hindsight we have now who knows what retarded tactics Xaviball was doing then either. Imagine Xavi were coaching Catalan no chance in hell he'd allow most of the movement and freedom Puig excelled with.

Bobo32

I wish I could see what you see in Puig. It would be very interesting indeed. I hope he goes to a club where he can actually start so we can see all of this bottled up potential.

The level of your own team is a much much larger factor. He was never shite once, but he had a lot tougher games when playing with Lenglet as his closest defender etc, while lacking players able or willing to combine. Just like Xavi admitted about himself, Puig is dependent on his team mates (although not as much as Xavi probably).
Do you think he was also shite against Atletico de Madrid or Juventus? How do you explain those performances if you do not?

It is a good vid to study if you truly wish to see what I like about him, some very well timed actions, with constant awareness, creativity, ambition, technical ability. I would not expect prime Xavi or Iniesta to play much better than that in a game like that to be honest. And I guess the Jamaica B team are all more ripped and "athletic" than most la liga players btw, not an issue weighing 56kg against them...

ajnotkeith

The level of your own team is a much much larger factor. He was never shite once, but he had a lot tougher games when playing with Lenglet as his closest defender etc, while lacking players able or willing to combine. Just like Xavi admitted about himself, Puig is dependent on his team mates (although not as much as Xavi probably).
Do you think he was also shite against Atletico de Madrid or Juventus? How do you explain those performances if you do not?

It is a good vid to study if you truly wish to see what I like about him, some very well timed actions, with constant awareness, creativity, ambition, technical ability. I would not expect prime Xavi or Iniesta to play much better than that in a game like that to be honest. And I guess the Jamaica B team are all more ripped and "athletic" than most la liga players btw, not an issue weighing 56kg against them...
He isn't talentless, he can put in a good performance occasionally, he's just not good enough for this level. Memphis ran Belgium ragged the other day, but you think of him as a very poor player. Which may be right or wrong. You should take the mean of his performances, not single games, like you take the mean with Memphis.

Imo, when Riqui played, he showed that it is a risk to let him play as every time he was subbed or started he lost the ball in very dangerous areas.

Home of Barca Fans