Mavericky Puig

vegitot

A player with both "deadly" flaws and qualities. Needs consistent gametime to gauge his real level and iron out his game. However, he will continue to be that last 10min sub when we are losing to spice things up this season.

Last 10 mins role is his role. With his ability that is the only role he can do.

te amo barca

Blaugrana al vent
Can you name 5 players with deadly flaws who turned into starters for top clubs?
Only players like Robben and similar, who have some flaws but are absolute kings in some other key areas have managed to compensate for flaws.

Riki has way more flaws and his strengths are meh, far from a world class level.

If he had a CR7 personality and devotion, maybe he would have reached far.
But his physique, 10s of deadly tactical flaws paired with a clown-childish personality, chances are extremely slim for him.

I mostly agree. The thing is, with how little he plays, I am still not sure what is his real level. I should have specified that I want him to go out on loan to a midtable club, not play for Barca consistently as there are better options.

Bobo32

Great video above, thanks!
These things happened in the 598mins or so he got to play... What a player! Can't wait to see him again, in 2hrs maybe!?

I see no deadly flaws in him, but a complete player that'll just grow with more playing time.

JamDav1982

That is about least impressive highlight video will ever see.

Filled with average moments at best cut off before ball lost as not be the 1 minute video it would otherwise be.

vegitot

Exactly, I've been saying the same thing for a long time. Headless chicken is the best possible description of him!

Some say he plays like that because he wants to impress but impress who??? Definitely not coaching staffs because they don't rate him. Maybe Laporta or some of his cults on internet???

It is always his style. From B team to senior team. You can watch his game for U21 Spain and it is exactly same thing.

BusiTheKing

Some say he plays like that because he wants to impress but impress who??? Definitely not coaching staffs because they don't rate him. Maybe Laporta or some of his cults on internet???

It is always his style. From B team to senior team. You can watch his game for U21 Spain and it is exactly same thing.

Wait, how is it illogical to want to impress a coach who isn't convinced about you? Wouldn't that be exactly what you would want to do?

Is it more logical to want to impress someone who already rates you? How does that make sense?

vegitot

Wait, how is it illogical to want to impress a coach who isn't convinced about you? Wouldn't that be exactly what you would want to do?

Is it more logical to want to impress someone who already rates you? How does that make sense?

If it is a new coach then i agree but Koeman works with him since last year. He watches him work for years and doesn't rate him. So who he want to impress here???
And fact is he plays the same way as always. From B team to senior team. His headless chicken plays don't come from the pressure that he has to prove his worth, it is his style, his blood.

BusiTheKing

If it is a new coach then i agree but Koeman works with him since last year. He watches him work for years and doesn't rate him. So who he want to impress here???
And fact is he plays the same way as always. From B team to senior team. His headless chicken plays don't come from the pressure that he has to prove his worth, it is his style, his blood.

As long as you're getting minutes, as Puig is, surely that would mean that you're not completely written off. It would make sense to want to impress.

Another comment on here that's not very thought through is how his performances from last season indicate that his game is only useful as a late sub. But the evidence they're basing that judgement on is mostly late sub appearances. Which is a bit hilarious because if you only play as a late sub, naturally what you see from a player will be a much higher sense of urgency, risk and uncertainty in their game. That's a kind of demeted, circular reasoning.

Home of Barca Fans