Mavericky Puig

Bobo32

It is wit on a fitting level for the player judgement.
Xavi or Iniesta was never close to Zidane or Totti in isolation. Deco was the star midfielder of Rijkaards team.

Morten

It is wit on a fitting level for the player judgement.
Xavi or Iniesta was never close to Zidane or Totti in isolation. Deco was the star midfielder of Rijkaards team.

What? Surely, they are around the same level as Zidane and Totti.
Iniesta vs Zidane is a real debate, imo.

Bobo32

What? Surely, they are around the same level as Zidane and Totti.
Iniesta vs Zidane is a real debate, imo.
What I mean by this is that neither Xavi or Iniesta would be as highly regarded as Zidane or Totti if we switched them and let one of Xavi or Iniesta play in Roma or in Juve/Real instead.
Well, MAYBE they would, but as it stands now I would put them on a clear level above both Zidane and Totti, because they showed a consistently higher class than them when they got put in the right system by Guardiola, regularly totally dominating against any opposition. Neither Totti or Zidane would improve Barcelona back then. I see that Puig has the same quality as them, and I hope he gets the chance to show it fully.

By the way, the team mates looked much more happy after his recent goal than after his penalty just some week before. Do you know what his status in the group really is, and how its been? It seemed like Puig lost his place in Setiens team at the same time he totally gave up on his own vision and started playing Valverde-like...

Androutsos

I thought Masia players were supposed to know the system inside and out but the guy constantly puts himself in terrible positions, either making himself unavailable for the pass or making his next action after receiving the ball more complicated, often resulting in him losing the ball (which he has done today far too many times). The part that makes it worse is that you can see that he WANTS to push the team forward, which is something we need, but he doesn't have the talent to do so effectively, nor has he shown any real improvement since emerging 2-3 years ago.

There is a real reason why he isn't trusted by managers, and it isn't because they are 'jealous'.

I wish he was as good as his 'fans' seem to think he is, because we need a decent sub for Pedri who has a lot of minutes already, but I honestly don't know what to tell you guys who still believe this guy is the future of this club...

Richard.H

He is probably done starting for a few months, can see him just be a rotation for Pedri but that's it. He needs consistent game time and he won't be getting that here

serghei

Pretty good showing imo except for some poor 15 mins in the last part of the first half. Should have finished that chance though. Would've been nice for him to score in back to back games.

te amo barca

Blaugrana al vent
Pedri is just the talent with a higher ceiling and better current ability, that is clear by now. Puig can do fine as a bench option.

JamDav1982

Some nice touches in middle third but didnt impact game enough.

There was all the space there to suit him to play better but just didnt do it for most part.

Joan

Was rather average. I'm trying hard to see what's special about him, but seem to miss it. Has very little positional sense, random player roaming around trying to impose himself. Tries to be very vertical and can be flashy, but I'd say that's about it. Steep downgrade from Pedri.

fergus90

I thought he was decent bar the 30-45 minute mark in the first-half where he was pretty poor. Makes for a good backup for Pedri.

Horatio

You're welcome
Thought he did ok aside from those minutes where he disappeared. Has a good eye for passes between lines. But those minutes when he disappeared are why he should remain second choice.

Bobo32

Pretty good showing imo except for some poor 15 mins in the last part of the first half. Should have finished that chance though. Would've been nice for him to score in back to back games.

Yeah he probably needed to score that one.
Not that "the greatest midfielder in the world" didn't miss chances and played some poor passes as well, or that Pedri who is "1000 times the player Puig is" didn't make some mistakes when he came on. Puig is being watched under the loupe for some errors and for some reason not to play him, another goal would be a nice addition for him.

I think this was one of his worst performances in Barcelona A. He had one shit performance under Setien, but otherwise he has been regularly great. Today he looked like a great player as well, but he made too many mistakes. He was also surrounded by Firpo, Griezmann and Lenglet on his left...

Porque

He was fine, tries to push the action to the extent that sometimes it is too forced but that will come with more game time.

Was going to say that you can see that Pedri is a more mature player. But then again, Pedri has had the trust of 10x Puig's minutes and had plenty of games worse than this in the first part of the season.

If he can grow to be Pedri's understudy and rotation option then that will be very good for the squad. Slowly earning Koemans trust.

Home of Barca Fans