Matthijs de Ligt

Luftstalag14

Culé de Celestial Empire
I meant why you would ask a PSG fan about a Ajax player?

But I didn't know he watched those games so carry on.

Yeah, because Newcomer previously gave me a pretty good run-down of how De Jong did in those two games against Bayern so I figure he would have noticed De Ligt's performance too.

CatalinR10

[tw]1088039177860640769[/tw]

giphy.gif

This is UNREAL:

[tw]1088112382310862850[/tw]

Barto ain't ruling anything out.

[tw]1088167706522718215[/tw]

Man is on a rampage. Basically Thanos at this point.

We are STUDYING the potentil signing of De Ligt.

[tw]1088746080605483010[/tw]

The world thought it was finally over when BartoGOD signed Frenkie .

Truth is he was just begining .

Flexing on his hoes whenever he wants to .

BARTOGOD. No one can stop him AND YOU KNOW IT !

DxnKG3gVAAAkzPv.jpg

Leo_Messi

I like everything about de Light with the exception of his pace. If there is one thing that might worry me a bit about him at Barça it is this element in his game. He is not a turtle but neither a cheetah.

In terms of his passing game, reading of the game, physicality, aerial play he is top notch given his age. What impresses me the most about him is his leadership abilities given his young age.

Character wise there is nothing to complain about either. Rather the opposite. I remember reading about him getting salughtered in the Dutch media after his debut for the national team. He has not looked back since.

However I must also admit that there are many promising, young and very talented CB's on the market currently. Which makes missing out on MDL easier to swallow. It is no secret that I have a good eye on Konaté and that I believe that he could be an immense CB for us given his brutal physique, pace, technical ability, reading of the game etc. Of course he is much lesser known than MDL and less hyped.

I would be extremely content with either of them as I consider both of them to be generational talents on their positions.

EDIT: Nothing like an "intellignet" one-liner as a reply to a post that does not contain a one-liner.:lol:

For the sake of not derailing the thread, just put him in ignore list.

I did, he is just trolling and wasting time in debate he has no leg on.

However, i do agree with him on one point: you are too biaised towards dutch/Ajax players.

Are you still butthurt that I schooled you in the Rabiot thread for all to see?

Last time I checked every single user (that replied in this thread) has agreed with my factual view points in post 56 and onwards. None has considered it as trolling or as non-factual points. I called our Dutch friend's nonsense statements out and contradictory claims (I quoted them for all to see and highlighted them as well) and that made him troll as he could not argue his case. You are only taking your Dutch friend's side here (not even knowing what our "debate" was about) due to your butthurt but you even admitted that I had a point.:lol: I will buy you some burnol if I see you around to make things better.

Last edited:

DonAK

President of FC Barcelona
de Ligt paired with Umtiti would be gold.

That's a World Class defense for years to come. Hopefully the RB situation is sorted out in the near future too.

soul24rage

de Ligt paired with Umtiti would be gold.

That's a World Class defense for years to come. Hopefully the RB situation is sorted out in the near future too.

Judging by their skillset, I think they compliment each other well. I'm really hoping Umtiti's knees will be ok.

Leo_Messi

Pace will be huge with Barca because we will get stretched being so attacking minded. I want VVD, young Ramos, Varane pace if we are investing big in the future crucible of our defense.

Totally agree. Especially as Umtiti is not the fastest CB out there either. It would not surprise me if he will lose a bit of pace after his return. Age is doing its thing as well although he is not an oldie but he is approaching 26 years of age. I mean Varane, due to his many muscle injuries, has lost pace as well since he emerged on the scene and he is from 1993 as well.

He's not fast, but he ain't a turtle like Pique either.

Piqué never was a turtle. In his younger years he was quick when he got going. I believe that a young Piqué was quicker than MDL is currently. It is only in the past 1.5 seasons that Piqué has lost more pace which is no wonder as he is quickly approaching 32 and not getting any younger. If MDL will be half as good as Piqué was at his best, we will have a terrific defender at our hands.

Last edited:

Home of Barca Fans