Matthijs de Ligt

DonAK

President of FC Barcelona
Our squad depends on alot of variables in midfield. How much can Pedri and Gavi improve predominantly, who are both so young.

The gap was so big between us and Bayern last year though. This year's will be smaller. A bit like the gap between Madrid and Chelsea, City and PSG yet Madrid won the CL because of the xfactor of Benzema- which we hope Lewandowski will be.

Could you imagine Bernardo Silva being brought in if Frenkie is actually sold? Some might say it is extremely unlikely but impossible to rule anything out this summer given the way they have operated.

But if that happens it would be a massive boost for our midfield even though Busquets being slow as fuck might still be an issue.

Porque

Could you imagine Bernardo Silva being brought in if Frenkie is actually sold? Some might say it is extremely unlikely but impossible to rule anything out this summer given the way they have operated.

But if that happens it would be a massive boost for our midfield even though Busquets being slow as fuck might still be an issue.

Would be an incredible 11 on paper. Though part of me doesn't want too many fixed obstacles in the way of Gavi, and Bernardo is definitely that- for two or three seasons.

mc_lovin

Our squad depends on alot of variables in midfield. How much can Pedri and Gavi improve predominantly, who are both so young.

The gap was so big between us and Bayern last year though. This year's will be smaller. A bit like the gap between Madrid and Chelsea, City and PSG yet Madrid won the CL because of the xfactor of Benzema- which we hope Lewandowski will be.

Just take a look at either line-up we played against Bayern last season. Something like that can't happen again.

If we get Kounde we are pretty much in the wider bracket with the likes of Bayern, Real, Chelsea etc pp - maybe even if we don't..

Only City and Liverpool are better (mainly for their consistency), but both have proven to have their issues as well.

For the first time in ages we shouldn't be too pessimistic. It helps that there are no super teams around.

fergus90

Just take a look at either line-up we played against Bayern last season. Something like that can't happen again.

If we get Kounde we are pretty much in the wider bracket with the likes of Bayern, Real, Chelsea etc pp - maybe even if we don't..

Only City and Liverpool are better (mainly for their consistency), but both have proven to have their issues as well.

For the first time in ages we shouldn't be too pessimistic. It helps that there are no super teams around.

To be fair in the home game Bayern had their C team out but Barca have undoubtedly closed the gap.

Was quite possibly the most depressing time I can remember following Barca. Things looked truly hopeless :lol:

Slevinn

To be fair in the home game Bayern had their C team out but Barca have undoubtedly closed the gap.

Was quite possibly the most depressing time I can remember following Barca. Things looked truly hopeless :lol:
That isn?t true at all. They played twice with almost their best team.

Slevinn

That doesn?t change the fact that they started both times with what was almost their best 11. Not even close to a B team. Don?t care about some subs made when it was 3-0 but no they didn?t do any early subs, all but one after the 70th minute.

fergus90

That isn?t true at all. They played twice with almost their best team.

No I meant in the last twenty minutes when they were in the position to just sub on a load of players like Sarr, Richard?s etc and stroll it past us pretty much taking the piss as we were heading out the CL. Should have elaborated more.

Was very depressing.

Last edited:

Kul_z

No I meant in the last twenty minutes when they were in the position to just sub on a load of players like Sarr, Richard?s etc and stroll it past us pretty much taking the piss as we were heading out the CL. Should have elaborated more.

Was very depressing.

That was our real level. They pissed on us for 180 minutes. We couldn't do jack shit.

Slevinn

Was very depressing.
Oh yeah they did bring them in after 70 minutes and then another 2 guys after 80 but to be fair we had given up that game for a while. Iirc even Puig was brought on by then. :D

Tackle

One of the most overrated players on the market.

Think the opposite is true if anything. Ajax hype train got derailed after joining a dysfunctional Juve side on the decline. When I've watched him play he has always looked a good defender with excellent reading of the game, presence and physical tools. Downsides are can be caught flat footed, a little "heavy" in quick transitions and prone to occasional gaffes.

Think he will do very well at Bayern insulated in a much better structure.

Home of Barca Fans