Matheus Fernandes

FC433

Hopefully this coming weekend. I have the same feeling too, I am optimistic about this deal especially since he was highly rated a while ago and we have been actually following for quite some time (4 years?). I am glad that he is not part of the B team.

Messi983

When will be his first game? The more I see and read about him, I’m starting to see him as our Casemiro/Fabinho. He has that profile.

I have a good feeling about this

Valladolid is playing against Villarreal on Saturday. Let's hope he'll get some minutes.

Messi983

Not in a match squad. Looks like it will take a few weeks before we'll see him. Not totally unexpected.

The coach believes that the usual idea of ​​the Pucela game should not be altered by the presence of the Frenchman. "We don't have to change the drawing for Ben Arfa." It will take longer to have a competitive presence, or at least it seems so, the Brazilian Matheus Fernandes. "At least two weeks. He really wants to be with us and accept the rhythm of Spanish football."

Matheus is a versatile footballer, he understands the game well and wants to be with us, but physically he doesn't have the tone. "

Messi983

I've read Valladolid forum and according to them Sergio Gonzalez said this past week Matheus doesn't play because of paper work.

Messi983

MD interview with Matheus Fernandes

https://www.mundodeportivo.com/futb...23/fc-barcelona-barca-matheus-entrevista.html

Matheus Fernandes (on loan at Real Valladolid): "I think I'm going to succeed at Bar?a, I have potential for it. I think I fit in with the style of play. I hope I can be there and stay there forever in order to make my own history at Barcelona." [md]

Fernandes: "I'm a technical player, people can discover me in games. I know I still have a lot to learn, I am aware of it and I am trying to improve here at Valladolid, but I think I am going to mark an era at Barcelona."

I like his confidence, we'll see if he can prove this on the field too once he'll get a chance.

There were rumours a few weeks ago that we consider loaning him to Valladolid for another year. Hopefully they've used this corona break to get all required documents so he can start playing for them when the season continues. He also had some time to adapt to Spain. It's not easy to do much under current circumstances but he could take online Spanish lessons if nothing else.

LABarcaFan

MD interview with Matheus Fernandes

https://www.mundodeportivo.com/futb...23/fc-barcelona-barca-matheus-entrevista.html

I like his confidence, we'll see if he can prove this on the field too once he'll get a chance.

There were rumours a few weeks ago that we consider loaning him to Valladolid for another year. Hopefully they've used this corona break to get all required documents so he can start playing for them when the season continues. He also had some time to adapt to Spain. It's not easy to do much under current circumstances but he could take online Spanish lessons if nothing else.

I have heard also that he has problems with his Work Visa for the EU and that is why he is not playing yet.
All young Brazilian players speaks fluent Spanish, as they are surrounded with Spanish speaking countries in South and Central America.

vuji_31

Just watched changed opinion little bit.

I think his destiny id to be selled for profit to PL.

He could be good adition to squad but he does not have passsport.

LABarcaFan

Just watched changed opinion little bit.

I think his destiny id to be selled for profit to PL.

He could be good adition to squad but he does not have passsport.

We will get him one. Barcelona has done that in the past for many non European players. It is not big deal. I have a close friend who lives in Rio de Janeiro and is Botafogo fan. We have talked few days ago over the phone and he told me that Fernandes is exact copy of Xavi and will have a great career in Barcelona. Since the junior formations of Botafogo till Palmeiras he had played always as a right midfielder, but my friend also told me that Matt can play very successfully as a defensive midfielder. So he is a versatile player and can modify his playing style according to the needs of the team. Lets hope he can be the half of Xavi Hernandez.

Home of Barca Fans