Martin Montoya

xXKonan

Their were several teams interested if I recall. Liverpool,Juventus and I believe several Midtable La Liga teams expressed some interest as well. Juventus tried to buy him in January but they were offering only 7 million? at max or so and we wanted like 20 million for him. :lol:

Cule4life

The Culest
Their were several teams interested if I recall. Liverpool,Juventus and I believe several Midtable La Liga teams expressed some interest as well. Juventus tried to buy him in January but they were offering only 7 million? at max or so and we wanted like 20 million for him. :lol:

Why sell when you can loan away and eventually release him for free?

We switched strategies though according to Robert. No more loans, only sell + buy back clause.

I think it shouldn't be just one or the other in any case.
For example, we should loan mats next season if he doesn't become a starter.

Stric

Motonya got a lot of games that season to prove he was better than an off form Alves and he couldnt do it.

The coaches were faced with a bang average full back or arguably best one in the world that was out of form and decided to try and play Alves back into form.

Even then Montoya was not coming in and showing he was anything greater than an off form Alves anyway.

That's arguable. I think Montoya played better than Alves did in 2012-13. Not in later seasons, though. Simply because Alves was embarrassingly bad.

Lying? Lol. He did have plenty of chances. How you're using Cesc, a proven player brought to be a starter, just shows how your rating of Montoya is completely out of touch with reality.
The only one being unfair with assessments of Montoya is you. He was NEVER that good as you say he was. And that's the truth.

You're completely missing the point, and again trying to distort what I say to prove that you're right and I'm wrong. My rating of Montoya has nothing to do with the comparison of his minutes to Cesc's. I mentioned Cesc because most people here were often complaining when he played, and thought he should have been benched on numerous occasions, because his performances were below par. But he was still given lots and lots of playing time. That's what plenty is. When you're given more than needed/deserved. Montoya was never given minutes unless it was necessary, so it's senseless to say he was given plenty. It’s fair to say he was given enough to show that he wasn’t good enough, but don’t give me this plenty shit, because it’s just not true.

My last several posts don't even have anything to do with my rating of Montoya anymore. At this point I don't care about discussing how good or bad he was, I'm just annoyed at people coming up with shit and manipulating facts to prove a point. That's what I have a problem with, not with someone saying Montoya was bad.

You're the one arguing without facts. Montoya played 67 games in his Barca career, most of which were full starts btw, he doesn't play in a position you'd generally sub mid-game unless there is an injury. No, when he played, he usually got full games, or at least starts. He also played the most games and most minutes under Tito, which kind of destroys your argument that Tito somehow destroyed his magical would-be career.

He DID get plenty of chances for some fringe youth player to show he actually deserved more, and he showed nothing. Montoya's Barca play is average at best, downright pedestrian likely more accurate.

It is beyond weird the zeal with which you are arguing here about this, and bizarre some of the arguments you are coming up with.
Fair enough. I accept facts, unlike some.

I think he didn’t, but suit yourself.
As I mentioned already, this is no longer about trying to prove Montoya was good, it’s about taking the discussion to a level where people won’t use hypocritical arguments and make up stuff out of thin air to try and prove their point.

lol I don't know what has got into Stric going full Bernie about Montoya.

Read above.

F

Flavia

You're completely missing the point, and again trying to distort what I say to prove that you're right and I'm wrong. My rating of Montoya has nothing to do with the comparison of his minutes to Cesc's. I mentioned Cesc because most people here were often complaining when he played, and thought he should have been benched on numerous occasions, because his performances were below par. But he was still given lots and lots of playing time. That's what plenty is. When you're given more than needed/deserved. Montoya was never given minutes unless it was necessary, so it's senseless to say he was given plenty. It’s fair to say he was given enough to show that he wasn’t good enough, but don’t give me this plenty shit, because it’s just not true.

My last several posts don't even have anything to do with my rating of Montoya anymore. At this point I don't care about discussing how good or bad he was, I'm just annoyed at people coming up with shit and manipulating facts to prove a point. That's what I have a problem with, not with someone saying Montoya was bad.
You called me a liar and I'm the one distorting things? Alright. You can't absurdly compare Cesc to Montoya, as if they are players of the same quality. Coaches were trying to fit Cesc at any cost, because he was brought to be a starter. And an out of form Alves was always better than Montoya. You'll never admit that just because you hate Alves. So much that if it were up to you, Alves wouldn't had renewed, and we'd be stuck with a lot of mediocre rb's now.

Montoya got plenty of games and opportunities to prove himself. You're just arguing semantics now, for who knows what purpose. Montoya got more minutes than most get. He didn't get any more because he didn't deserve more. It wasn't by chance he also was surpassed and lost his place in the Spanish senior nt to carvajal. You can keep your delusional claims as much as you want, that won't change reality.

F

Flavia

[tw]649195062144954368[/tw]

Maybe he should had stayed in la liga. He has no space in Barça anymore, that much is clear.

xXKonan

A lot of people had High Hopes for him to be Alves successor but sadly it wasn't the Case now. He would be a perfect fit for a Mid Level La Liga team though.

xXKonan

Braida (transfer adviser): "Montoya returning in January? It's too early in the season to talk about that. But I can say it's a hoax" [fcin]

F

Flavia

I think those rumors have substance. He hasn't played a match in a while. Benched all the time, for Santon.

Home of Barca Fans