Martin Braithwaite

El Gato

Villarato!
You can be a cynical mongoloid all you like about him. Doesn't change that he's a decent forward and an asset for establishing locker room professionalism in a team which has been lacking such basic qualities for years.

malvolio

You can be a cynical mongoloid all you like about him. Doesn't change that he's a decent forward and an asset for establishing locker room professionalism in a team which has been lacking such basic qualities for years.

You can troll in here all you like. Doesn't change the fact he is a nothing player for us right now. Maybe 10 years ago we would have given him a pass because his end product would have been better with a better squad or because it wouldn't matter anyway.
So do fuck off your high horse and whine some more in the Benzema thread.

El Gato

Villarato!
You can troll in here all you like. Doesn't change the fact he is a nothing player for us right now. Maybe 10 years ago we would have given him a pass because his end product would have been better with a better squad or because it wouldn't matter anyway.
So do fuck off your high horse and whine some more in the Benzema thread.

Funny thing is, I'm not trolling or giving him a pass, but you're just perhaps too stupid to realise it.
Integrity, work, lack of self-delusion, not moaning about being lower in the hierarchy. Basics. Stuff that cretins very often do not realise need to be represented in every locker room. Same accusations are thrown Vazquez's way by absolute fuckwits who'd sell him and keep wondering why Zidane starts him and why he's even in Real Madrid this long. Nor is there a reason to moan about having a player who earns as little as he does compared to the more talented rest.
If you were a serious club you'd find a place for a guy like him no matter how good or how shit your team was, because he is a valuable Liga rotation piece who will not likely be solely responsible for your attacking ineptitude and will contribute enough to a win based on work ethic alone. Fools who think he needs to be anything more only have themselves to blame.

I'm not on a high horse. You're just way down in the mud laddie. Time to stop paddling in there.

Richard.H

Funny thing is, I'm not trolling or giving him a pass, but you're just perhaps too stupid to realise it.
Integrity, work, lack of self-delusion, not moaning about being lower in the hierarchy. Basics. Stuff that cretins very often do not realise need to be represented in every locker room. Same accusations are thrown Vazquez's way by absolute fuckwits who'd sell him and keep wondering why Zidane starts him and why he's even in Real Madrid this long. Nor is there a reason to moan about having a player who earns as little as he does compared to the more talented rest.
If you were a serious club you'd find a place for a guy like him no matter how good or how shit your team was, because he is a valuable Liga rotation piece who will not likely be solely responsible for your attacking ineptitude and will contribute enough to a win based on work ethic alone. Fools who think he needs to be anything more only have themselves to blame.

I'm not on a high horse. You're just way down in the mud laddie. Time to stop paddling in there.

I have to agree with this. He's a good squad player and really the only true 9 we have in the squad. Yes he's not very talented, but he's valuable to have in the team.

messi2140

6racies Xavi

Fully agree with the highlighted part. Thing with Braithwaite is that we paid 18M for him in a time where Barca were financially in shambles. Most of the time those positions are reserved for players coming through the academy like Vazquez/Roberto or someone that can be bought for cheap. Instead we ship them off for pennies and buy absolute bums for way too much money.

Last edited:

malvolio

We are not running a popularity contest here, that's the reality.

Wolfe can be a stubborn cunt all he wants.
Doesn't change the fact we paying over 20 mil for a guy who isn't as funny as Pinto at least. Pinto was a presence in the locker room. Braithwaite is a nobody, as good a guy as he seems to be. So he's shit in the popularity contest anyway :lol:

Last edited:

El Gato

Villarato!
Thing with Braithwaite is that we paid 18M for him in a time where Barca were financially in shambles. Most of the time those positions are reserved for players coming through the academy like Vazquez or someone that can be bought for cheap.

True. Except that a) people are taking the circumstances of the operation out on him, god knows why; b) you don't really have any decent academy players to have come through that would be any better of a bet.

What popularity contest?

Wolfe can be a stubborn cunt all he wants. Doesn't change the fact we paying over 20 mil for a guy who isn't as funny as Pinto at least. Pinto was a presence in the locker room. Braithwaite is a nobody, as good a guy as he seems to be

As above, if you're just projecting Barto anger on a guy like him who's head and shoulders above most of the people in that locker room with how he carries himself, then you're just confirming you're a moron not to be taken seriously.

End of.

Richard.H

Wolfe can be a stubborn cunt all he wants.
Doesn't change the fact we paying over 20 mil for a guy who isn't as funny as Pinto at least. Pinto was a presence in the locker room. Braithwaite is a nobody, as good a guy as he seems to be. So his shit in the popularity contest anyway :lol:

At the moment we are relying on an 18 year old kid and a french manchild who's obsessed with fortnight to bag us goals (besides messi who's more of some AM hybrid now). The chances of them having a goal scoring drought is massive. Yes, I do like having MB in the squad. How can a team like Barca not even have a true 9?

malvolio

As above, if you're just projecting Barto anger on a guy like him who's head and shoulders above most of the people in that locker room with how he carries himself, then you're just confirming you're a moron not to be taken seriously.

End of.

I'm not even angry at him. I just think he's a nobody that landed at a club way beyond his level. You on the other hand try to sell him to us as a good guy that is good to have around. That's why I mentioned the popularity contest.

Now go get your Braithwaite shine box and rub away

At the moment we are relying on an 18 year old kid and a french manchild who's obsessed with fortnight to bag us goals (besides messi who's more of some AM hybrid now). The chances of them having a goal scoring drought is massive. Yes, I do like having MB in the squad. How can a team like Barca not even have a true 9?

Check a couple of pages back, seems for most in here its not about the number :lol:

We in some deep shit, that's the truth. Having Braithwaite as only true 9 in the squad.

Last edited:

El Gato

Villarato!
I'm not even angry at him. I just think he's a nobody that landed at a club way beyond his level. You on the other hand try to sell him to us as a good guy that is good to have around. That's why I mentioned the popularity contest.

Now go get your Braithwaite shine box and rub away

He's not popular. So it's not a popularity contest. You're not making sense.

You are angry at him and nobody knows why, none of the explanations make any sense. Consistently projecting the anger from that he was brought in despite the fact that every team has a player at his level just for the purpose of playing him against lower level sides so that others don't get too tired and the basic qualities a guy like him has and always shows when he's playing. Qualities you consistently ignore.

malvolio

He's not popular. So it's not a popularity contest. You're not making sense.

You are angry at him and nobody knows why, none of the explanations make any sense. Consistently projecting the anger from that he was brought in despite the fact that every team has a player at his level just for the purpose of playing him against lower level sides so that others don't get too tired and the basic qualities a guy like him has and always shows when he's playing. Qualities you consistently ignore.

You started the whole guy is good to have around because of his personality thing. Maybe this time you'll get the "popularity contest" jab.

I just don't see what he brings differently on the field. Maybe because it's because of the manager or something else. But he never proved to be a trump card in games against lower level teams. So what's his thing.

Home of Barca Fans