Marcus Rashford

fergus90

He uses his status to help underprivileged youth. I like that about him.

Yup, me too. He was from an under-privileged background himself so he's lived through the difficulties.

Fought tooth and nail to keep free meals going, when the government wasn't interested.

delancey

Yup, me too. He was from an under-privileged background himself so he's lived through the difficulties.

Fought tooth and nail to keep free meals going, when the government wasn't interested.
Such a shame about his dipping performances this season, but I have no doubt that the state of Man U is contributing significantly to his dip in form. If anyone deserves success, it?s this guy for making a change in so many lives.

delancey

Yeah, what he does deserves respect and recognition for his off-field duty.
And honestly, I don't think his performances this season have anything to do with that, unlike what some suggest.
I think it's a combination of;
- Utd struggling as a team
- His injury woes a few months back, and the fact that he is clearly still not 100% fit
- He is good, but never was the level Utd fans put him out to be (a la Mbappe/Haaland) - same applies for Greenwood
Who would you say his talent most similarly resembles? Pedro, perhaps? I don?t follow EPL much, with the exception of a few Manchester City games, but have you noticed Grealish?s poor stats this season? 14 games, 2 goals! That?s the problem with acquiring expensive signings. most players cannot handle the pressure of living up to their expensive transfer fees. We know that all too well at Barcelona.

Last edited:

Mateka

It is a slow start by Grealish. He has to adjust to Peps style of playing the game, and won t be the first to be slow in adapting. Also going from number 1 name in the team sheet to I am not in the top 5 or 10 at this club.

Rashford is alongside Greenwood, Sancho and Fernandes who are not at their best at present. Thought processes appear to be considering Ronaldo for this, as well as turmoil at the club - Ed Woodward leaving over ESL, manager change.

Last edited:

Andresito

Staff member
Damn Rashford is 24 already, 25 in October. Let's hope our youngsters don't stagnate like he's done. Big risk of that with the early bloomers.

Andresito

Staff member
Wow didn't realize he is that old. Better career than Dembele though.

In terms of trophies Dembele beats him easily.

Otherwise pretty similar. Hard to compare a player who's been injured 70% of the time.
Rashford had that 19/20 season with 17 goals in 31 PL games which is pretty good.

But both been pretty underwhelming.

FinBarcelonafan

Yeah, Rashfords been worse than I thought, but better career because less injury time. Dembele won more because he was part of better teams.

Both were rated very high few years ago. Both disappointed.

JerseyAddict

In terms of trophies Dembele beats him easily.

Otherwise pretty similar. Hard to compare a player who's been injured 70% of the time.
Rashford had that 19/20 season with 17 goals in 31 PL games which is pretty good.

But both been pretty underwhelming.

Sadly Dembele von this trophies just because he was on a "bandwagon" with real player... Such a "wasted talent" and still gripped WC title while so many real players missed that.

Home of Barca Fans