Marco Verratti

DonAK

President of FC Barcelona
The best way to do this is to keep a low profile, like when Real got Ancelotti from PSG.

Apples to Oranges IMO.

A coach can legit fuck up the team with his tactics if you keep him against his will :lol:

A player cannot really. He can be sat down on the bench even if he underperforms.

Egert

Estonian Culé
So today we will see if he returns to training. Probably will but still interesting what will happen this week.

Neeraj

Sitting 4 and a half hours ahead of Paris time, waiting to see where Verratti takes his dump be like

giphy.gif

Icarium

Lifestealer
What helps you more? 100M additional transfer budget or a lackluster Verratti on the bench? Pride aside, easy decision if you ask me.

100M is nothing for them, pride is more important for them. If they sell Verratti it means their project failed which they don't want to admit which makes this transfer very hard. Almost impossible.

behindbrowneyes

100M is nothing for them, pride is more important for them. If they sell Verratti it means their project failed which they don't want to admit which makes this transfer very hard. Almost impossible.

What if you sell Verratti for 100M and get Coutinho for 90M?(speculating) This doesn't sound like losing one's face anymore. If they can sign a proper star-replacement I'm pretty sure they'll let him go. You can say what you want about the class of Verratti, but south-american players like James or Coutinho are more exciting when it comes to marketing/status compared to a cold and kind of distant Italian (verratti) or German (Draxler) star.

BBZ8800

What if you sell Verratti for 100M and get Coutinho for 90M?(speculating) This doesn't sound like losing one's face anymore. If they can sign a proper star-replacement I'm pretty sure they'll let him go. You can say what you want about the class of Verratti, but south-american players like James or Coutinho are more exciting when it comes to marketing/status compared to a cold and kind of distant Italian (verratti) or German (Draxler) star.

For me as a neutral fan in terms Psg/Liverpool, in this moment going from hyped, rich and popular EPL and Liverpool to Psg is a step down in a sporting sense.
I really don't know who would want to go to Psg except young players, old drained stars or guys who are looking only for money.
I am not saying this only because of Verratti's saga.

Imagine if you are a player in your prime playing for Barcelona, Real, EPL teams.
Why would you go to Psg, more or less?

Barcaman

Administrator
Staff member
Don't think any great player would sign for PSG that easy knowing that once you sign that contract you won't be able to move anywhere.

Messi983

What would it do to us if Real Madrid come and convince Messi to join them despite us wanting to keep him and doing all that is possible?

Don't understand what this has to do with Ronaldo? United didn't sell him to their biggest rival.

behindbrowneyes

For me as a neutral fan in terms Psg/Liverpool, in this moment going from hyped, rich and popular EPL and Liverpool to Psg is a step down in a sporting sense.
I really don't know who would want to go to Psg except young players, old drained stars or guys who are looking only for money.
I am not saying this only because of Verratti's saga.

Imagine if you are a player in your prime playing for Barcelona, Real, EPL teams.
Why would you go to Psg, more or less?

Indeed it is. The league is way more exciting and Liverpool has a great history. Out of all EPL clubs, I like Liverpool the most. I wouldn't underestimate things like lifestyle, climate etc. though. I'm not a big fan of the city of Paris, but compared to Paris Liverpool is a joke. I don't really need to explain the climate either. Coutinho is married and wifes often have a say too when it comes to moving to certain clubs/cities.

We don't have to discuss that a player at Barça won't leave for PSG. Due to all respect for Liverpool, Barça is a way more bigger club when it comes to status. We've won so many titles in recent history compared to Liverpool that there is a big difference. So moving from Barça to PSG? No way. From Liverpool? Money and some reasons above could be a factor considering it.

Even though I like the transfers Liverpool have planned this summer, I don't think that they will be able to compete for either EPL-title or CL. PSG? Given the history, no. They even lost Ligue1 this year, but this Monaco was a pretty perfect team like that Klopp-Dortmund that has beaten Bayern in Bundesliga some years ago. So if they make some major signings you can expect that they make it to the Semis if the draw does them a favor like Madrid in 2016. I wouldn't underrate Emery in international games. Sure, he made many mistakes in his first year, but winning back-to-back EL isn't that easy.

Home of Barca Fans