Marco Verratti

Qqqq

Still not convinced that Eriksen is good enough. Personality wise, he would fit in perfectly though. He actually reminds me of Iniesta quite a bit in that area.

Last edited:

Rapha

Iniesta is better than skills but Eriksen will be the best successor possible (Isco, it's death...). Pogba not has the style for play to Barça for me.

Frodo_FCB

If we want an anti-Xavi, then the best player out there is Verratti..I can see lot of similarities between these two players. Of course Verratti is not prime Xavi, but he can be a good successor. I dont think that he is the type of CM that Lucho prefers though..

Bertus

Hope it's just a BS rumor.
He surely wouldn't replace Rakitic, who's basically our dm.
And he's not better than Iniesta, even when latter is in grandpa mode.
It can be a true rumor. That doesn't mean it will happen for sure.

I'm annoyed by the current situation between PSG and Barca. They may be my two favorite clubs, but that doesn't mean both clubs have a good relationship.

Nasser said it again recently that Barca and Bayern are among the club he dislikes the most to deal with because they always comment on PSG and try to pressure platini about the FFP and such things.

Sadly, if Verratti ever leaves PSG, there are more chances that it will be for RM than Barca.

Nasser is friend with Flo, and at war with Barca. And he doesn't bend to player requests if Verratti ever asks him to let him go here.

Also, Verratti said 2 years ago that if there is one coach that he wants to work with again, it's Carlo.

Contrary to you, if Verratti leaves PSG, I really want it to be for Barca, but you guys can't imagine how it would be difficult as long as both clubs have that horrible relationship going on.

Bertus

Oh, and thx to Barca, the BS rumors machine is going on:

- For Il Sussidiario, PSG asks 54M for Verratti since Barca is after him. (Nasser said many times that he would not even consider 100M but now 54 out of the blue is ok)
- The Daily Express says PSG will sell Verratti to buy Sissoko from Newcastle ( :rofl1: )

And BTW, I don't know about SPORT, but for Il Sussidiario, Barca plans to buy Verratti this summer to sign him in January 2016. So be ready for this summer 2015 PSG/Barca love story.

Last edited:

Alen

Oh, and thx to Barca, the BS rumors machine is going on:

- For Il Sussidiario, PSG asks 54M for Verratti since Barca is after him. (Nasser said many times that he would not even consider 100M but now 54 out of the blue is ok)
- The Daily Express says PSG will sell Verratti to buy Sissoko from Newcastle ( :rofl1: )

And BTW, I don't know about SPORT, but for Il Sussidiario, Barca plans to buy Verratti this summer to sign him in January 2016. So be ready for this summer 2015 PSG/Barca love story.

IMO it would be a lot easier to just pay Koke's buyout and leave Verratti alone. Trying to buy from Nasser will just cause headaches. I can't deal with another Thiago Silva/Marquinhos saga. It's just too much.

Bertus

IMO it would be a lot easier to just pay Koke's buyout and leave Verratti alone. Trying to buy from Nasser will just cause headaches. I can't deal with another Thiago Silva/Marquinhos saga. It's just too much.
As long as people here keep their expectations in check and don't belittle PSG as a second rate club that you can manipulate, then there's nothing to fear.

If Barca wants to deal with Nasser AND Al Thani (people tend to forget him, but he's an even bigger problem than Nasser), Barca has to be fair and square.

If they try again to manipulate Verratti in the back of Nasser to make him rebels against PSG like they tried with TS and marquinhos, it won't work.

Al Thani prefers to let a player rots in a corner than bending to threats.

Luftstalag14

Culé de Celestial Empire
Bertus, what is the source of the contention between Barca and PSG? Thiago Silva and Marquinhos? Why does Nasser think we belittle them? Putting in unrealistically low bids?

Bertus

Bertus, what is the source of the contention between Barca and PSG? Thiago Silva and Marquinhos? Why does Nasser think we belittle them? Putting in unrealistically low bids?

- The FFP and the comment from barcelona and bayern about clubs like PSG
- What Barca did when they tried to sign TS and Marquinhos (negociating with players and agents without PSG's agreement). Remember when Nasser even threatened that they will do the same with Messi and Inesta since Barca only does that (in his opinion).
- How Barca didn't even hide that they wanted TS and Marquinhos to force PSG to sell them (Like after the TS fiasco when Rosell during a press conference said that he expected TS to force his way out)
- Le_Parisien, french media, reported many times that when they discussed Barca with the pasrisian board in off, they were told Barca is hated here in paris, like really really hated.

Alen

As long as people here keep their expectations in check and don't belittle PSG as a second rate club that you can manipulate, then there's nothing to fear.

If Barca wants to deal with Nasser AND Al Thani (people tend to forget him, but he's an even bigger problem than Nasser), Barca has to be fair and square.

If they try again to manipulate Verratti in the back of Nasser to make him rebels against PSG like they tried with TS and marquinhos, it won't work.

Al Thani prefers to let a player rots in a corner than bending to threats.

I'm not condoning in any way what Barcelona did. Nasser is absolutely right to be pissed. All i'm saying is that now that it's happened, it's better to leave him be as i don't believe he will sell to us. We will just waste time and miss out on other players.

Luftstalag14

Culé de Celestial Empire
- The FFP and the comment from barcelona and bayern about clubs like PSG
- What Barca did when they tried to sign TS and Marquinhos (negociating with players and agents without PSG's agreement). Remember when Nasser even threatened that they will do the same with Messi and Inesta since Barca only does that (in his opinion).
- How Barca didn't even hide that they wanted TS and Marquinhos to force PSG to sell them (Like after the TS fiasco when Rosell during a press conference said that he expected TS to force his way out)
- Le_Parisien, french media, reported many times that when they discussed Barca with the pasrisian board in off, they were told Barca is hated here in paris, like really really hated.

I see. I don't see any prospect to repair the damaged relationship, so I'd say realistically we should not even think about getting any PSG players in the upcoming years.

Players in Ligue 1 has no buyout clause, right?

DrPepper

I see. I don't see any prospect to repair the damaged relationship, so I'd say realistically we should not even think about getting any PSG players in the upcoming years.

Yep. Even though I like Verratti, we should just try to get Gündogan + Koke / Kovacic. Perfect for the way we are playing at the moment, really.

anguy

Koke is different kind of player. We need Xavi replacement and Verratti is closest to it.

Of course, but one day, it will be necessary to find the successor of Iniesta. Verratti is a midfield perfect for us? Why not, but my dream (and for a long time) was, and is Eriksen, when he was with Ajax, beautiful player technicaly.

Kovacic is very similar player to Iniesta. He's still a little raw, though.

I dont think that he is the type of CM that Lucho prefers though..

I don't think so. I believe Verratti is exactly the type of midfielder Lucho prefers. He seems to be playing without AMs both CMs sit a little deeper and both should be able to win the ball and press opponents. Verratti is ideal for this. Raktitc too, but he seems to have problems with passing, Verratti doesn't.

He surely wouldn't replace Rakitic, who's basically our dm.
And he's not better than Iniesta, even when latter is in grandpa mode.

Rakitic will be sold, if he doesn't improve his passing and understanding with other teammates (he seems to become better in it in last few games though), or he could be moved to Iniesta position (remember he was an AM in Sevilla).

Last edited:

khaled_a_d

It can be a true rumor. That doesn't mean it will happen for sure.

I'm annoyed by the current situation between PSG and Barca. They may be my two favorite clubs, but that doesn't mean both clubs have a good relationship.

Nasser said it again recently that Barca and Bayern are among the club he dislikes the most to deal with because they always comment on PSG and try to pressure platini about the FFP and such things.

Sadly, if Verratti ever leaves PSG, there are more chances that it will be for RM than Barca.

Nasser is friend with Flo, and at war with Barca. And he doesn't bend to player requests if Verratti ever asks him to let him go here.

Also, Verratti said 2 years ago that if there is one coach that he wants to work with again, it's Carlo.

Contrary to you, if Verratti leaves PSG, I really want it to be for Barca, but you guys can't imagine how it would be difficult as long as both clubs have that horrible relationship going on.

I highly doubt that ,Nasser is Qatari and at the end even in his own business he has to go with what the royal family is going for .that is how it works in the middle east .Barca board has been puppets to Qatari money since day one .they want the Camp Nou name .they want to continue be the sponsor on our T-Shirt
Real Madrid on the other hand are going to their direct rival (Economically and Politically ) .the United Arabic Emirates .their stadium are close to being named after them .
preferring Real Madrid to Barca and making it personal is basically preferring a direct country rival .this is politics not just sports and he can put personal preference over his job is a career suicidal
That doesn't mean he will have to hand us his best players . at the end PSG are Qatar biggest investment in football and if they want to keep player they will keep him .but I highly doubt if they are selling a player he would help him to be playing In Emirates Santiago than Qatari Camp :lol:
The transfer rumors right now is just PS ,we don't even know who can make transfers .there will be elections and god only knows who is gonna be the new president and who is going to be the new Sporing director .Spanish press needs to keep the transfer mill no matter what ,even if we have no sporting director and have a transfer ban .they will say we want Pogba.Isco or Veratti

DinhoR10

I don't really see the point in arguing for or against Verratti, last time we signed a player from PSG was Ronaldiho and I don't see us getting him. Also chances are we aren't going to get Pogba we can't outbid Real and he has that french connection with Benzema AND Zidane. Our midfield is going to be Rafinha and Samper probably or add/sub in a lesser hyped mifielder ala Rakitic coming in in 2016.

Home of Barca Fans