Marco Verratti

Icarium

Lifestealer
I don't know why people are downplaying Iniesta so much, he is still a top level midfielder who under performed because of our tactics. The whole team played badly, even Busi looked bang average. Iniesta can still contribute a lot by playing less number of minutes imo.

Jombi

I said his best season was last season, that came at DM. Don't see what your point is either.

Monaco's best season was last season, but Fabinho was amazing at RB before last season and he has said that this is his best position. But whatever you say.

Jombi

I don't know why people are downplaying Iniesta so much, he is still a top level midfielder who under performed because of our tactics. The whole team played badly, even Busi looked bang average. Iniesta can still contribute a lot by playing less number of minutes imo.

No, Iniesta's legs are gone. 40-45m euros for Fabinho, 40m for Naby Keita and 50m for Thomas Lemar is perfectly realistic. Verratti for less than 100m is NOT.

Last edited:

Neymessi

He is a top midfielder but can't be relied on for the whole season. Either he will be injured easily or if he gets a lot of minutes without getting injured then fatigue will get to him and he will perform poorly. The best case scenario for iniesta to be a rotation player who can be judiciously used and get world class performances out of him every now and then.

serghei

Players' wishes are important for the big clubs. Do you think United really wanted to sell Cristiano to Madrid? No. But they won't go as low as to keep a player by force.

But PSG has no class, so it is hard to predict how far they'd be willing to go to force Verratti to stay in Paris.

Icarium

Lifestealer
Sorry, but our CBs are aging, and you are hyping up Marlon with nothing to show for it. Fabinho "proven talent", Lemar and Naby showed potential? You just claimed that you read that Lemar is a winger, you just judge players based on how much hype they get. Thats why you want Verratti. He is the most hyped. Anyone else will be less hyped so will be like Gomes and Denis and Paco. This is a ridiculous way to judge potential transfers.

Pique is 30, Umtiti is 23. We don't need to sign a starting center back for 3 years, our biggest priority is still a CM. Have you seen last season matches for Marlon playing for first team, he did better than mathieu. He was calm and really good at bringing the ball, he might never to be good enough for barca. But for now he is a decent backup. Fabinho already played at high level for some time, same as verratti. Lemar and Naby no, not so much. Nothing to do with hype, you are grasping at straws here. Both could be really good and both could be just decent enough. Gomes and Denis were rated highly too if you forgot about that. Paco not so much though, that was a stupid transfer all the way.

Signing player who could be good is better than signing proven players? No definitely not and nothing to do with hype. If i am saying we should sing bellerin instead of fabinho then you can claim that i am i want players based on hype. The fact is verrati is a proven player and much better than all the names you suggested, and if we can get him for 100M we should.

He is a top midfielder but can't be relied on for the whole season. Either he will be injured easily or if he gets a lot of minutes without getting injured then fatigue will get to him and he will perform poorly. The best case scenario for iniesta to be a rotation player who can be judiciously used and get world class performances out of him every now and then.

Yes exactly, playing a limited role he can provide so much more. Kind of like xavi in treble season.

No, Iniesta's legs are gone. 40-45m euros for Fabinho, 40m for Naby Keita and 50m for Thomas Lemar is perfectly realistic. Verratti for less than 100m is NOT.

That is why i said he should play a limited role, he is a world class player. At any case barca is not interested in the players you mentioned, but they are interested in verratti. So it is even more unrealistic to sign Fabinho, Lemar and Keita.

Monaco's best season was last season, but Fabinho was amazing at RB before last season and he has said that this is his best position. But whatever you say.

What is your point mate, i said his best position is DM, you don't seem to refute it but spout nonsense anyway. He is a defensive RB, that is why barca is not interested in him. It will not happen.

Last edited:

RIZALDINHO

it does not matter if he wants to leave, he signed a new contract last year until 2021 so psg don't have to sell him if he wants to leave he have to force psg to sell him if we can't sign him then we shoulld more on before our other central midfield targets sign for other clubs then we we won't be able to sign a good central midfielder.

Jombi

Pique is 30, Umtiti is 23. We don't need to sign a starting center back for 3 years, our biggest priority is still a CM. Have you seen last season matches for Marlon playing for first team, he did better than mathieu. He was calm and really good at bringing the ball, he might never to be good enough for barca. But for now he is a decent backup. Fabinho already played at high level for some time, same as verratti. Lemar and Naby no, not so much. Nothing to do with hype, you are grasping at straws here. Both could be really good and both could be just decent enough. Gomes and Denis were rated highly too if you forgot about that. Paco not so much though, that was a stupid transfer all the way.

Signing player who could be good is better than signing proven players? No definitely not and nothing to do with hype. If i am saying we should sing bellerin instead of fabinho then you can claim that i am i want players based on hype. The fact is verrati is a proven player and much better than all the names you suggested, and if we can get him for 100M we should.

Yes exactly, playing a limited role he can provide so much more. Kind of like xavi in treble season.

We wont get Verratti for less than 100m (you now claim he will cost 100m?) and we wont afford anything else than him if he signs. Your hype of Marlon is ridiculous based on what he has shown. Your judgements have all to do with hype. You dont seem to rate players yourself at all. Just judge based on hype as your Gomes, Denis, Naby and Lemar examples show clearly. You dont even know their positions because you havent even watched them play.

Signing Verratti would not mean he can become some sort of savior for us. We need much more than a midfielder. We have so many holes in our squad. And yes, Iniesta is finished.

Icarium

Lifestealer
We wont get Verratti for less than 100m (you now claim he will cost 100m?) and we wont afford anything else than him if he signs. Your hype of Marlon is ridiculous based on what he has shown. Your judgements have all to do with hype. You dont seem to rate players yourself at all. Just judge based on hype as your Gomes, Denis, Naby and Lemar examples show clearly. You dont even know their positions because you havent even watched them play.

Signing Verratti would not mean he can become some sort of savior for us. We need much more than a midfielder. We have so many holes in our squad. And yes, Iniesta is finished.

What makes you think we will sing Lemar, Naby and Fabinho for the prices you mentioned. It is pure speculation just like mine, so zip it. Verratti is not coming for more than 100M because barca can't pay more. If he costs more we are not getting him simple as that. Biggest of them is a midfielder position who can keep circulate the possession and be good in defense and attack. Which is exactly what verratti is.

Jombi

What makes you think we will sing Lemar, Naby and Fabinho for the prices you mentioned. It is pure speculation just like mine, so zip it. Verratti is not coming for more than 100M because barca can't pay more. If he costs more we are not getting him simple as that. Biggest of them is a midfielder position who can keep circulate the possession and be good in defense and attack. Which is exactly what verratti is.

All the prices I mention are perfectly realistic and is what has been quoted. Your fantasy that PSG will let Verratti leave for Barca for less than 100m, so the price of Higuain last year, is just totally unrealistic.

But fine, you are now saying that Verratti is totally unrealistic, because we cant afford him, so thats it.

Neymessi

That is why i said he should play a limited role, he is a world class player. At any case barca is not interested in the players you mentioned, but they are interested in verratti.

Yeah but we need to put him in rotation soon unlike this season where he was relied as the starter. Sure he is definitely barca starter level but he can't consistently start matches consecutively an play well too. Hope we find a replacement for him soon and shift him to a more rotation based play unlike this season.

We definitely don't have 'many holes'. Only a world class midfielder is what we currently lack and to an extent an RB but even the RB situtation isn't that dire, only WC the midfield position is what we desperately need.

Icarium

Lifestealer
All the prices I mention are perfectly realistic and is what has been quoted. Your fantasy that PSG will let Verratti leave for Barca for less than 100m, so the price of Higuain last year, is just totally unrealistic.

But fine, you are now saying that Verratti is totally unrealistic, because we cant afford him, so thats it.

We are not trying to sign Lemar, Naby and Fabinho anyway.

Yeah but we need to put him in rotation soon unlike this season where he was relied as the starter. Sure he is definitely barca starter level but he can't consistently start matches consecutively an play well too. Hope we find a replacement for him soon and shift him to a more rotation based play unlike this season.

There seems be suggestions of formation change to play messi in the center more often, then we will not need to get a replacement.

Jombi

We definitely don't have 'many holes'. Only a world class midfielder is what we currently lack and to an extent an RB but even the RB situtation isn't that dire, only WC the midfield position is what we desperately need.

The RB position is dire. Messi playing on the wings in his 30s?, our CB backups are aging fast, Iniesta's legs are completely gone, question marks over Raki, and we have truckloads of garbage on our payroll which is very difficult to get rid of. Yes, our squad has many holes.

Home of Barca Fans