Marc Bartra

Zangash

Banned
Imo, Bartra is the most overhyped player on Barca's forum.
And Alexis had the strangest cult following.

A lot of other players are overhyped, but these two have the "strangest/strongest" amount of hype.

I didn't understand the Alexis hype, either. The guy was absolutely terrible here. But that last season of his seemed to erase all memory of that.

I would say Bartra deserves at least a little of the hype. He's a good player who should without a doubt be 3rd choice over Mathieu.

SeloBarca

I didn't understand the Alexis hype, either. The guy was absolutely terrible here. But that last season of his seemed to erase all memory of that.

I would say Bartra deserves at least a little of the hype. He's a good player who should without a doubt be 3rd choice over Mathieu.

THeres alot of examples of that from the fans here. Including trainers. Everyone talking crap about them, then when they left and the replacement is also crap, they were all of a sudden the best players/trainers Barcelona has ever had.

FC B

Imo, Bartra is the most overhyped player on Barca's forum.
And Alexis had the strangest cult following.

A lot of other players are overhyped, but these two have the "strangest/strongest" amount of hype.

Totally agreed !

khaled_a_d

I have seen on other football forums and on forums about manager games:
1. people are for some reason obsessed with younger players (I am personally not, so I can't understand that hype)
-- basically, even if you have a good team, most of the fans are always planning ahead are are looking for new and younger players
-- usually their logic is something like:
a) if both players are equal, then a younger player > older player
b) if an older player is better, then still younger player > older player, "because" we need to think about the future, blah blah
2. also, the other obsession is with homegrown players
Again:
a) if a homegrown player is equal to a foreign player, then a homegrown player > a foreign player
b) but also, if a foreign player is better, then still: a homegrown > foreign player, "because" he loves our club more, we need domestic players, they are special, etc

So, imo, Bartra is not that good at all, but he is just young and homegrown, so, people are overrating his skills (with "cule glasses" and based on these obsessions mentioned above) by 20-30%.
This is why people outside this forum don't rate Bartra. (Because they aren't obsessed with our young and homegrown players).
Some will say that other people are wrong, others will say that other people are just realistic about Bartra and similar players, and not biased.

I personally don't care if our player is 18, 25 or 33, or is he a Cameroonian or a Catalan, as long as he is playing good and as long as we are winning trophies.
But again, for too many fans, "being young" and "homegrown" is more important than a lot of other, objective factors.

It actually matter and here is why
Football clubs are more like a brands or actually they are brands .every club need to market itself to get more fans and more money .they need to sell something to the fans over other clubs
Obviously every big club sell the idea of good history and beautiful football .and an old fan like you probably remember that prior to 2000 we were considered the club of gr8 footballers,Cruyff/Maradona/Ronaldo/Rivaldo/Romario/Kubala /Stoichkov/Hagi you name it .RM on the other hand was the club of trophies
But after 2000 Perez has came and he built the Galacticos .they became the club that can buy any player _or that what they saif_ and it has been quit effective in bringing money .I mean since then it seems that RM has been always the top of the richest clubs in the world
Our counter move was initially that we are the club who makes star .specially with R10 blossoming here but after Pep era we had played with 2 different cards "La Masia and Barca DNA " .we have been able to sell it to the fans actually
At the end you find fans who -thinks VV was better than Buffon for us _which is nonsense btw_ but that is how it is .we have been bringing more money since that ,trophies helps ,beautiful football helps a lot but you always need something extra to make the fans feel special about the club .that right now is La Masia ,rising stars and Barca DNA
That is why homegrown young players will always have advantages ,it isn't for football reasons all the time but that is how it is

Gnidrologist

Silly me. I thought you can't spell his surname too. :lol:
Don't see what this Matip has to do with anything going on in this thread right now though.

Home of Barca Fans