Man of the Match thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Trickykid

The Official Barcaforum.com MoM-thread award
Betis, La Liga, home (4-2)

1. Messi (49,8%) when everyone else missed their chances he scored with a brilliant freekick just after entering the pitch, managed to hit the crossbar with his next attempt and then scored the last goal of the game ~ Deco 20
2. Tello (19%) Time and time again, gave the left back a torrid time as he has all season, constantly getting past him and was so, so unlucky not to get his goal. Terrific player ~ Semi-Neutral
3. Iniesta (16,2%) primary creator for most of the game, and the visionary behind this goal ~ BerkeleyBernie

24yv9ty.jpg

Trickykid

The Official Barcaforum.com MoM-thread award
Atletico Madrid, La Liga, away (2-1)

1. Alexis (41%) hes arguably been the most in form *fit* forward over the last 5/6 weeks ~ impeh
2. Tello (37,5%) He's so effective 1v1. I hope he gets rewarded with more minutes ~ Kerrybai
3. Piqué (9,7%) a leader in defence and secured almost all headers in the box ~ rixxer

First top spot for Alexis, and 6th (!) second spot for Tello.

Regarding the overall top 3 ranking, there's not a lot of excitement to be found. Top 1 and 2 have been decided for a long, long time, and unless Valdés suddenly runs amok and wins two top spots from the last two games, Xavi will take the third and last spot, despite the fact that he's had a disastrous second half of the season (19 points before x-mas, and just 4 points since then).

I'm hopeful that it'll be closer - at least for third spot - when it comes to the minutes played-chart. Unfortunately the wiki that I use for data hasn't been updated for a month or so, and I doubt it will until the end of the season. As soon as the data is available, I'll get on it.

2432r75.jpg

Last edited:

Semi-Neutral

Sir Alupp Heynrguson
1. Alba-Always hustling, always there when we needed him, Alba has been one of our most consistent performers and showcased it here with another great performance. Runs faster and longer than anyone else, truly remarkable how he does that.
2. Iniesta-Our most creative player by some distance, always looking to try a cheeky flick or dribble down the line, our best player this season after Messi imo, good game again
3. Xavi-Ran the midfield excellently, always looked to put in our wingers with a long ball, had a few good tackles and shots as well

Honorable Mentions-Pique, Thiago :)wub:), Villa

Status
Not open for further replies.

Home of Barca Fans