Malcom

YodaMaster

Dude plays once every 2 months with B team, and people judge him on these appearances to see if we should sell him lol. It's pathetic. Give the kid a run of 3-4 games at least where he starts some and plays as a substitute in some. Right now he's completely black listed, he's rusty and his confidence is at the lowest point, plus he doesn't feel like a member of this team. Even a 21yo Messi would suck/underperform in such conditions.

So at this point, his appearances once every 2 months don't show anything about his level. I believe he's good enough to be a squad player at least, we need these kind of attacker on the bench. You won't have world class Salah or Neymar like attackers on your bench, so really I don't understand what some of you are complaining about.

That fucking moron Valverde needs to stop to replace Dembélé with Coutinho in every game, Malcom has to be the first choice in attack as a substitute and Coutinho needs to play in midfield. Coutinho has playing times in every game and he sucks every time as a winger (way more than Malcom btw). This nonsense has to stop.

Plus in 2019 Malcom is definitely a better player to have than Willian. 100%.

Last edited:

Jombi

I hate judging players based on Copa games where we field a whole starting 11 of backups and B team players who havent played together before. Its even worse than judging players based on the World Cup where lots of average players shine.

El Gato

Villarato!
He needs to work on his finishing, if he makes it here it is likely going to be in a pedro role where he will be the guy that get chances based on his off the ball movement and finishing.
His dribbling and creating ability isn't really good enough against parking the bus teams

So basically a Brazillian black Bale? Yet another reason for you to play 4-2-3-1, drop the fucking old boys, rotate Messi and Suarez up top with Vidal, Arthur and Busi as pivots, sell Rakitić and get a grip.

Note - he's 21 guys. Some rotation would be useful, but he's got 10% of Dembele's tekkers. Don't expect much from him at this stage of his career.

Cule4life

The Culest
So basically a Brazillian black Bale? Yet another reason for you to play 4-2-3-1, drop the fucking old boys, rotate Messi and Suarez up top with Vidal, Arthur and Busi as pivots, sell Rakitić and get a grip.

Note - he's 21 guys. Some rotation would be useful, but he's got 10% of Dembele's tekkers. Don't expect much from him at this stage of his career.

Wait what. The perfect white knight Valverde is not playing the right system? You feeling alright mate?

DonAK

President of FC Barcelona
To be honest looking at some of our performances I won't be surprised if Lyon shock us in the CL.....

Wrong thread.

As I said before Valverde should be sacked the day after if we go out vs. them in the R16. Don't care if we lead La Liga by 20 points by that point.

xXKonan

If we are going to drop the old boys and sell Rakitic, we are going to have to get a different manager then.

Valverde is to attached to the old core for that to happen. But I have a feeling Valverde will probably leave in the summer and the club will likely sell Rakitic then if we get two new CMs.

Adversus

Just sell him to Everton. I know we are after him and are desperate for a right winger so he will play every game which is what he needs.

El Gato

Villarato!
If we are going to drop the old boys and sell Rakitic, we are going to have to get a different manager then.

Valverde is to attached to the old core for that to happen. But I have a feeling Valverde will probably leave in the summer and the club will likely sell Rakitic then if we get two new CMs.

More like Barto is attached to the household names that balance his books by winning La Liga without breaking a sweat, but fumble whenever under a bit of pressure and occasionally he has to have a fall guy for underachievement.

But this is a Malcom thread anyway. He's a good signing that ought to be nurtured in the Copa. He'll have a shit year, then his next year will either be even worse and you sell when he's still worth something, or he can only go up, probably under a different manager. ATM it's difficult to paint a bad scenario for this transfer. Like somebody already said, far better than having Willian.

messi2140

6racies Xavi
Bartomeu the absolute madlad. He is out there closing one great deal after the other while at the same time coaching the 1st team. :worthy:

Meanwhile Valverde has become the new Braida.

xXKonan

More like Barto is attached to the household names that balance his books by winning La Liga without breaking a sweat, but fumble whenever under a bit of pressure and occasionally he has to have a fall guy for underachievement.

But this is a Malcom thread anyway. He's a good signing that ought to be nurtured in the Copa. He'll have a shit year, then his next year will either be even worse and you sell when he's still worth something, or he can only go up, probably under a different manager. ATM it's difficult to paint a bad scenario for this transfer. Like somebody already said, far better than having Willian.
I wouldn't be sure of that tbh. Sure Barto isn't perfect obviously but I have a feeling he would have taken the 100 Million for Rakitic if it wasn't for Valverde stepping in himself during the summer.

Rakitic has been begging for a contract renewal but Barto hasn't taken the bait and the Alba Contract renewal talks have been slow as well with very little news about it making progress. Makes me think that Barto himself isn't so high on some of the old guards as we think.

He was dumb to give Busi a second renewal in a span of a year but since then he hasn't bothered thinking about the others such as Rakitic.

El Gato

Villarato!
I wouldn't be sure of that tbh. Sure Barto isn't perfect obviously but I have a feeling he would have taken the 100 Million for Rakitic if it wasn't for Valverde stepping in himself during the summer.

Rakitic has been begging for a contract renewal but Barto hasn't taken the bait and the Alba Contract renewal talks have been slow as well with very little news about it making progress. Makes me think that Barto himself isn't so high on some of the old guards as we think.

He was dumb to give Busi a second renewal in a span of a year but since then he hasn't bothered thinking about the others such as Rakitic.

There's something seriously wrong with how Cules value this squad. And it runs up the management ladder inside the club too. Raki is nowhere near a 100M player. You'd probably struggle to find anybody, even among the sheikhs, that would pay more than 60-70M and that would have to be in the fallout from the WC immediately.

Renewals don't matter that much by themselves, it's how players perceive their status. Suarez seems to believe he is in peak physical condition like Ronaldo and can play every game. Same with Raki and Busquets. Probably Pique too. And all are 30+, almost all are overpaid. Isn't MAtS making the same amount of money as Malcom? Almost half of Vidal's salary? :lol:
The only other that does that, but actually is fit as a fiddle is Alba and he proved me wrong when I put valuation of him in his thread. Which is fair enough.

I don't think Barto for a second considers it a possibility to part with the players who are holding the Coutinhos or Dembeles back. Raki is essentially mooching off his WC achievement, but people see his genuine limitations, only project the frustrations with quality onto the fact that he's playing too much. Yeah, he is, so what? He's still seen as key when he shouldn't be. Busquets doesn't even have a rival and the only ones the club is going after are players who don't even care about coming to Barcelona over other clubs that much, so how's he meant to feel his position in the club threatened as a senior who was here all along?

Hierarchy ladders are very messed up. Too much self-importance. Too much of it all stems from Barto's decisions. EV is incidentally also Barto's decision. And in contrast to RM, Perez gets ALL of the flak. Lopetegui and Solari are figureheads to supporters. There are no illusions.

serghei

Seems to me that Bartomeu is more inactive and lazy, complacent himself in a way, than deeply in love with the old guard. Bartomeu and the rest of the board lack leadership and vision. Those who have that faults are unlikely to make big changes and will mostly keep the status quo as it's the safest option, especially when it still brings trophies. Which is why you can never trust them to hire the right manager for this team even if we get rid of Valverde for next season.

The board is not firm and doesn't know a lot about football. They're mostly accountants. The managing team is pretty mediocre. Players are indeed overpaid and not really earning their paychecks on the field, despite most of them being superstars filled with ridiculous amount of talent and skill.

In many ways the issues of Barcelona and Madrid are very similar. It is the case usually with teams who win a lot with the same core, for those players to grow complacent and not give as much effort on the field. The difference is Madrid are much less attached to their legends. They will sell anyone. We are more romantic. We could never sell Pique for example. They could sell Ramos, just like they got rid of Iker or Raul, or others.

Our curse in a way is the incredible dominance in Spain. When you are on the course of winning 7/10 titles, with many doubles and even trebles involved in the process, it does take a lot of courage and vision to make bold changes. There is always a tendency to minimize the CL failures.

Last edited:

Home of Barca Fans