Luke Shaw

S7_MUFC

His wages are going to be around 100k and I don't think we should worry about wage bill to be honest...We got rid of Rio,Vidic and we'll get rid of a lot of dead-weight during this transfer window.....Ashley Young is on 120K a week so getting rid of him should be our main priority....getting into champions league next season is absolutely essential because from 2015/16 season english clubs will earn more than 80 million from champions league due to new tv deal...

Egert

Estonian Culé
Read that his wages are 200k euros a week. And that makes him the most earning teenager in the world.

Icarium

Lifestealer
Read that his wages are 200k euros a week. And that makes him the most earning teenager in the world.

Plus his transfer fee is £30M not £27M but hard to say which one is truth. Bust most sources agree on £30M fee and £160,000 salary

Banana-Rama

But my sources are saying his wages are 200k euros a week.

not even juan mata is earning that much, you think we are paying shaw more then mata :p nope, with respect, your sources are wrong, he's on around £100k a week as reported by every credible media source out there...

Dave Saves

Proper excited to see him sign for us! The lad is 18, and the potential is huge. And let's say even if he doesn't progress from now on, this guy was in the PFA team of the year last season. He's already one of the best full backs in the league, with the potential to become one of the best in the world. Worst case scenario, we have got one of the best left backs in the league :beer2:

AnfieldEd

I am Leg End
Yep good signing. He's on more wages at Man Utd than Lallana will be on at Liverpool though (50k)

But you have a left back for the next 10-15 years and a very good one at that.

BenRobbins

yep Shaw has definitely come in straight away and received a bigger wage than Mata and De gea, hmmm somehow i think not.

oggydude

£30M is a big amount but they can get around 10 good years from him. Not so bad I would say. United already spent around €80m on two players who are not world class. But both are talented and needed signings for them. Still 80M is a big amount. They won't get much money from their image rights or shirt sales also. They must have some bucket loads of money. Barca will never risk paying that much for untested players.

Sent from my Lumia 900 using Tapatalk

United cannot attract many WC players without CL, but we don't need WC players we have RVP, Rooney, Mata 3 WC players with very talented youngsters like De Gea and Januzaj, but have serious gaps in quality in midfield and with the decline in defensive ability of Evra we needed a new LB. The team is already starting to look a lot more balanced which is needed too much reliance on individual talent is very risky.

For example Barca don't need Suarez and would be better of buying 2 defenders with that money and would do better you already have a great attack.

Icarium

Lifestealer
For example Barca don't need Suarez and would be better of buying 2 defenders with that money and would do better you already have a great attack.

It is not true, it is that blunt attack we were unable to win anything last season. We can not blame defense for everything, as far as I remember barca defended very well except may be in set pieces and we can not blame mid too much also because chances were it was always the final touch that we messed it up. Messi neymar Sanchez cesc all were ineffective against buses. A true no. 9 should be second most priority after a centre back. Neymar messi Sanchez sounds amazing but sometimes they can be ineffective and we need an alternative, the plan B we have been dreaming about. But Suarez is the wrong person to target.

Sent from my Lumia 900 using Tapatalk

Martindn

Would ashley cole be worth £30m in todays market at 18? Of course he would, just as Rio was in 02. Its not always guaranteed to work out phil jones was a similar talent though he had Vida/Rio ahead of him and regressed quite a lot while Shaw will seemingly be first choice. But if it does hes english so we will have technically a homegrown player in our squad for almost 15 years or a good sell on value.

Man U overpaid for him but at least they're getting shit done. While we're not getting Benatia because he's "too expensive" when we have a 120m budget and NEED a CB.

Home of Barca Fans