Luka Jović

Benzema10

Official Lyon representative
jovic is not to replace Benzema, jovic will just be another player in the squad, Benzema will have no replacement. you can even buy neymar mbappe, still Benzema would be starter.

El Gato

Villarato!
jovic is not to replace Benzema, jovic will just be another player in the squad, Benzema will have no replacement. you can even buy neymar mbappe, still Benzema would be starter.

Jović is 21. Benzema will be 32 in December. He is a clear and much needed Benzema replacement in the long-term and is brought in early to cover, compete and quite likely playing alongside another striker in 4-4-2, be it Benzema or Mariano. Obviously, like I said in the first post, transition won't happen immediately particularly with the Vinicius partnership that developed and incoming Hazard who will all link up well with a technical striker. He will not bench him right now bar the case of putting in some insane scoring numbers. Yet, he is clearly exactly what we need - a scorer which Benzema is not. It's as if people forget absolutely everything bar 1 good Liga year (where he had one of the lowest shares of scoring against top7 teams out of any starting La Liga striker), his move against Atleti and putting away goals gifted by Ulreich & Karius.

Neymar and Mbappe aren't strikers.

El Gato

Villarato!
Benzema is more than just goals, if I were Madrid I would try a two striker set up.

Aye. And yet whenever he has sitters against top sides, he misses (see Copa game vs Barcelona this year, PSG in 17/18.. list goes on). Not much to ask for when you're not playing a 4-4-2. One shouldn't have to look for ways to accommodate him and give him a partner that can actually score regularly on big occasions just to take some responsibility off him.

He's just a Rooney who is less talented in front of goal, but more so as a #10.

El Flaco

Ah yes. The perennial argument of a good season. How about the previous two then?

Benzema's numbers declined in as his role was more emphasized on participating in the build-up & support the midfield.

I mean, just look what it happened with Dybala.

Went from scoring 22 league goals (his best statistical season) to just scoring 5 goals.

Shouldn't be a surprised as Dybala was no longer the 1st option and started to play deeper when CR7 arrived.

How about the breakdown of how many goals he scores against top4? List goes on.

The majority of players with 10+ LaLiga goals weren't productive against top 7 LaLiga clubs either.

Benzema still won 15 points for Real Madrid & was 1st place for scoring most game-winning goals.

[tw]1131295416962703361[/tw]

Benzema is more than just goals, if I were Madrid I would try a two striker set up.

It would definitely work as RM were successful in the previous two seasons with 2-striker formation.

El Flaco

[tw]1135894173012377600[/tw]

Says the transfer of Luka Jovic costs €60 M (+€4 M in variables). The presentation will be next week if Serbian NT allows him to leave.

El Gato

Villarato!
Benzema's numbers declined in as his role was more emphasized on participating in the build-up & support the midfield.

I mean, just look what it happened with Dybala.

Went from scoring 22 league goals (his best statistical season) to just scoring 5 goals.

Shouldn't be a surprised as Dybala was no longer the 1st option and started to play deeper when CR7 arrived.

Nice absolution from mistakes. He doesn't score because he plays deeper so doesn't matter what he misses.

Nah. No chance. Man is a lone striker in 4-3-3. False 9 or not, these players are expected to put up 20 league goals at the very least. Last time he scored over 20 was in 15/16. It is the main reason why Ancelotti asked for a striker. What did he get? Morata and Chicharito. Because they didn't want unnecessary competition upfront. And Benitez after him. And Zidane. And Lopetegui who was keen on Rodrigo.

The majority of players with 10+ LaLiga goals weren't productive against top 7 LaLiga clubs either.

Benzema still won 15 points for Real Madrid & was 1st place for scoring most game-winning goals.

Exactly the point. Doesn't matter who was productive relative to him. 4 goals against top7 in a season where every top side was flappy defensively for a player who consistently has the most looks is not good enough at all.

Last edited:

El Gato

Villarato!
Benzema has definitely missed some chances, but it can easily be said for every forward lol.

SOME

Dude made a career out of missing chances and passing it off by saying "I'm not just about goals" in the followup. And it was cringeworthy to listen to whenever his chances were vital against big teams. But yes, sure, nice piece of footwork at Calderon, 2 keeper blunders at crucial times and all of a sudden Big Dick Benzi is a poacher :lol:

Man... him scoring <20 league goals is his normal state and it is because of him being an average finisher at best. He's a worse version of Rooney that cowers under pressure and it's the last thing you want out of your 2nd striker whose supplementary input is KEY to winning leagues. Look at when we won leagues or were close to it - 11/12 (best Benzema season by a mile), 13/14 (good Benzema season), 16/17 (plethora of support scorers covering for Benzema's shocking 11 goals, which was even worse the following year). 2nd striker who plays the most - and this has been Benzema for YEARS - has to provide the 20 if you have Ronaldo providing the 40. Every other year , he either lost his spot to pre-back-hernia Higuain, we had to be rescued by Chicharito against Atletico or we crashed and burned in several competitions where his missed sitters were key.

Benzema10

Official Lyon representative
wolfie you are just another hater, there are many blind hater like you on twitter, Benz has special treatment for ppl like you.

kattanib

Just watched a YouTube video of him .. what a horrible news it is that he has joined Madrid. He seems intelligent (which to me is the most essential aspect of making a super star, decision making) and has a good rough body. He also has a large upper body proportion compared to his lower body, closer control and closer to center of gravity like Tevez and Messi. This cannot be hood news at all. He seems like the real deal tbh

Not a game changer and still unproven imo. Not worried at all that we didn't signed him, good decision by Segura/Abi.
He is gonna be sitting on the bench btw.

Home of Barca Fans