Luka Jović

EdmondDantes

Nice goal

And it seems Abidal, Segura and Planes are there to watch him tonight.

(Sport are breaking the news)

https://www.sport.es/es/noticias/barca/abidal-segura-planes-espian-jovic-milan-7355361

He will probably be our next bet to replace Luis in the long run.

abidal-segura-planes-pillados-fraganti-campo-del-inter-1552594706879.jpg

mia7007

Best option in the market. Please don’t lose him.
Get Jovic with De Light and backup LB and this can be our best summer from long time

DonAndres

Wild Man of Borneo
There's gonna be heavy interest for him

People only ever believe me that a player's legit once they already get hyped and expensive as hell

Leo_Messi

Most of us that saw him play before wanted the club to buy him. It is a no brainer given his age, potential, the level that he has already showed so far and his player profile. Crucially his price being much cheaper than the likes of Félix and other such options.

If we can get him for €40-50 million as rumored, Abidal better sign the checkbook as quickly as possible. Enough of this "proven in La Liga" type of buys by default. If a player is talented and good enough he can play in every league in the world and succeed. Maxi Gómez is not a horrible player and is an interesting option (despite his and Celta's lack of form this season) but Jovic is the much better fit stylistically IMO. Much more mobile. Quicker. Two-footed in terms of goalscoring, scores goals in numerous ways regularly etc.

Jovic seems like a proven goalscorer everywhere that he has played so far and where he received sufficient chances. Even his goalscoring record for the Serbian NT youth teams speaks for itself about an innate goalscoring talent and ability.

Sign him up Abi.

Raketa10

Most of us that saw him play before wanted the club to buy him. It is a no brainer given his age, potential, the level that he has already showed so far and his player profile. Crucially his price being much cheaper than the likes of Félix and other such options.

If we can get him for €40-50 million as rumored, Abidal better sign the checkbook as quickly as possible. Enough of this "proven in La Liga" type of buys by default. If a player is talented and good enough he can play in every league in the world and succeed. Maxi Gómez is not a horrible player and is an interesting option (despite his and Celta's lack of form this season) but Jovic is the much better fit stylistically IMO. Much more mobile. Quicker. Two-footed in terms of goalscoring, scores goals in numerous ways regularly etc.

Jovic seems like a proven goalscorer everywhere that he has played so far and where he received sufficient chances. Even his goalscoring record for the Serbian NT youth teams speaks for itself about an innate goalscoring talent and ability.

Sign him up Abi.

Everywhere that he has played? So far he had ONE good season. I repeat ONE! We certainly need a better solution than Jovic. Maxi Gomes on the other hand is also not on the required level. The more I watch Maxi Gomes the more certain I am he is not a solution for us, we need to keep on searching.

Last edited:

Leo_Messi

Everywhere that he has played? So far he had ONE good season. I repeat ONE! We certainly need a better solution than Jovic. Maxi Gomes on the other hand is also not on the required level. The more I watch Maxi Gomes the more certain I am he is not a solution for us, we need to keep on searching.

The guy is 21 years old. How many senior seasons in the elite leagues (top 4) has he had other than the current one and the last one where he scored 9 goals in 27 games in his first season in Germany? The point was that he was scoring plenty of goals in comparison to minutes played for Eintracht and Red Star Belgrade from the age of 15 to 17. Been scoring for every category for the Serbian NT youth teams as well. So basically everywhere where he has got the chance to play regularly he has been scoring goals so far.

Well, there might be better options out there but you tell me? I honestly can't spot them and certainly not for the rumored price (€45-50 million). However there is not really any point in discussing Jovic as I and most other users know about your opposition to us buying him which is fair enough. Your opinion. However I don't see a better option in his age group and for this cheap (rumored) while having proven himself in a top 4 league (Bundesliga) and also doing well in the Europa League.

What is certain is that we need to buy a new striker (number 9) and that we can't use Suárez as an indisputable starter from next season on. Hence why the club is scouting the likes of Jovic and similar players.

Of course ideally we would buy Mbappé but that is not a realistic option so we need to settle for something inferior. Been saying it for quite some time. The "striker market" nowadays is shit to put it mildly. Not many options out there. I don't see a new Eto'o, Ibra, Drogba, Henry (other than Mbappé), Villa, Torres etc. anywhere out there.

Last edited:

Home of Barca Fans