Luis Suárez

tacticvarium

is he even on the correct forum? :lol:

rakitic, neymar and suarez were excellent transfers for the money. two of them being generational talents. hell, even rakitic had a terrific career for club and country.

Only for 2 seasons max at Barca.
There were always players like Suarez, Neymar, Rakitic in any generations in football history lol
Go read Jonathan Wilson's books if you are not familiar with the history of football and how talents like Suarez, Neymar, Rakitic have been pretty common.

malvolio

There were always players like Suarez, Neymar, Rakitic in any generations in football history lol
Go read Jonathan Wilson's books if you are not familiar with the history of football and how talents like Suarez, Neymar, Rakitic have been pretty common.

so what if there were others before them? we are talking about those three and what they represented for club and country over their career.

18 mil for rakitic, 86 mil for neymar and 80 mil for suarez. now compare those fees with what we've spent since 2014 on absolute dross and you go read that book again.

Andrew M

You really are spouting absolute garbage here.

All three excellent signings.

God Serena

Two good seasons would make them far from the worst signings the club has made this decade. Like are you seriously going to tell me Suarez and Neymar were worse signings than Douglas and Deulofeu? Than Yerry Mina? Than Dembele? Mathieu? Coutinho? Song? The two players who helped Messi carry the team to a treble and the midfielder who stepped in to replace Xavi in that same season are all worse than all of the above? I don't know which universe you live in, because it most certainly isn't mine.

Even if this is right, what does that mean for all of these other signings we've made who were never anywhere near the level of these three?

And I personally am quite desperate to see Suarez (And Rakitic before my prayers were answered) leave.

George_Costanza

No one will pay 25 millions to him EVER AGAIN! He is pretty much done as a player so he couldn't care less if he will be benched for one season. Pjanic got the same salary from Barca so it's a zero sum game for him. He is also younger and he moved to a nicer city while Suarez has to go to Torino. It's not even comparable. You are deluded if you think Messi cares more about playing with Suarez than wining trophies.

Clubs sell players all the times, do you think it's reasonable they ask for reimbursement? In case of Suarez, in any other club, he would expect to be sold because he has only one year left on his contract. So him asking for compensation is unreasonable from any point of view.

His asking for 25M was just a day after Rac1 broke news that Bartomeu won't negotiate for the sale of Messi and referred to his 700 million euros release clause on the 28th of August.

Suarez was with Messi almost everyday during that time, but yeah these are all coincidences and the amigos conspiracy is a joke and loose adaptation from Three Amigos Film.

Vilarrubi

Javier Zanetti told Fox Sports: “He's [Lautaro Martinez] not going to leave. For now, he is part of the present and future of Inter”

tenor.gif

Home of Barca Fans