Luis Suárez

Fati_Future_BallonDor

Never really understood the hatred for him (footballing wise), he's obviously older and not lively enough for big games anymore but at his best was honestly top 3 in the world.

Suarez of 2013-2016 was the best striker in the world and top3 striker of this generation. I think most people started to hate him because of his cl matches, especially in away matches he didnt score for years.

Bobo32

This was a pretty nice video I think: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uX9zF7bxhDs

Yes I am sure Barcelona would've won this years liga if only Suarez had stayed.
He was one of the players needing to go in the coming years though, so if he had went for some money and got a decent farewell I wouldn't be extremely critical of the sell..

El Gato

Villarato!
well, you didn't do shit with the 100M you got for him. so you wouldn't have been worse either.

Doesn't make the sale any less of a correct decision. He stinks up the frontline, pads his 10-20 goals + 10-15 pens and hates being benched. Didn't make sense to keep. Maybe could argue should have let go of Bale rather than him if it was between one and the other, but should have moved on from both anyway.

FinBarcelonafan

Doesn't make the sale any less of a correct decision. He stinks up the frontline, pads his 10-20 goals + 10-15 pens and hates being benched. Didn't make sense to keep. Maybe could argue should have let go of Bale rather than him if it was between one and the other, but should have moved on from both anyway.

We should have moved on more players than Suarez.

Good points. Suarez will always show up in the scoresheet(especially Vs small clubs) but his overall game is god damn awful.

malvolio

We should have moved on more players than Suarez.

Good points. Suarez will always show up in the scoresheet(especially Vs small clubs) but his overall game is god damn awful.

suarez's goals against those small teams were decisive for atletico winning the title. wasn't like they scored 4-5 in those matches and suarez got the third goal in.

who exactly we should have moved last summer? apart from pique and roberto, who were injured most of the season, oldies like busquets, messi and alba were our top performers.

FinBarcelonafan

suarez's goals against those small teams were decisive for atletico winning the title. wasn't like they scored 4-5 in those matches and suarez got the third goal in.

who exactly we should have moved last summer? apart from pique and roberto, who were injured most of the season, oldies like busquets, messi and alba were our top performers.

Exactly. Suarez, Umtiti, Lenglet and Roberto. But I understand last off-season it was probably impossible because lack of funds. We should do proper cleaning this summer.

Home of Barca Fans