Luis Suárez

Messigician

🗣[@Alfremartinezz] | The Genius ( Bartomeu ) who decided to sell Su?rez: He fired one of the greatest cf?s, paid him his current contract, reinforced a direct rival and disappointed his main star ( leo ) to whom he was the ideal partner. All in one. congratulations.

Even the media turning on the decision to sell him. Good

khaled_a_d

You have some of the Catalan/Spanish reporters are doing the Suarez has as many goals as Martin, Dembele,Griez, Coutinho have.

Am I the only one that doesn't really give a shit? we need a new number 9 but these guys really have their heads in the sand when it comes to Suarez outside his goals. The dude was just awful most of the time on and off the ball most of the time, the only thing that was saving this guy was his goals in the league.

We have proverb in Egypt saying : Football is goals.
Obviously very simplistic and not entirely accurate, but it still means something
At the end of the day, no matter what is the tactics, what is the advanced statistics, you need someone who scores or help you score more.
When you just force a player out, pay some of his salary while he is playing for a rival, while having no idea who is gonna replace him, then you need to be called out.
It isn't like any of those "reporters" would have spoken if we had somebody who can score somewhere close to Suarez.

Never mind, it wasn't like it happened because we had any sort of plan replacing him, or because it was any sport reason, it seems even Koeman actually wanted him to stay, but the board wanted to save money and Suarez was the easy target.
Old, one year left in contract while having a high salary.
No one wanted Coutinho or Griezmann, and they were both on long term contracts.

vegitot

9 goals and 2 assists and Atletico is at the top of the table with more games in hand.

His team can win Liga and he even can win top scorer. Just saying.

And for people say he is bad outside of scoring now, C.Ronaldo has done like that for decade and is called one of the very best.

vegitot

11- Luis Su?rez has been involved in 11 goals in his opening 12 games for @atletienglish in #LaLiga (nine goals & two assists), the best starting for a Atl?tico's player in this century, surpassing Radamel Falcao in 2011 (9+1). Quality

https://t.co/Lt94Pmle7u

FinBarcelonafan

🗣[@Alfremartinezz] | The Genius ( Bartomeu ) who decided to sell Su?rez: He fired one of the greatest cf?s, paid him his current contract, reinforced a direct rival and disappointed his main star ( leo ) to whom he was the ideal partner. All in one. congratulations.

Even the media turning on the decision to sell him. Good

I assume old socios never accepted this sell.

malvolio

I assume old socios never accepted this sell.

Putting aside the fact that old people in general tend to be adverse to changes. My guess is that they have seen a couple of hype trains come and go through the FC Barcelona station. They recognise the ability to sniff out goals, no matter the circumstances.

Bad decision to ditch him as we're going nowhere anyway with the current squad.

FinBarcelonafan

Putting aside the fact that old people in general tend to be adverse to changes. My guess is that they have seen a couple of hype trains come and go through the FC Barcelona station. They recognise the ability to sniff out goals, no matter the circumstances.

Bad decision to ditch him as we're going nowhere anyway with the current squad.

If we are going nowhere with him or without him there's no difference. We save money.

malvolio

If we are going nowhere with him or without him there's no difference. We save money.

i was talking about nowhere as in really progressing or gaining something for the future. many people rejoiced when we got rid of him as if the shackles of tyranny have been lifted and the usual "suspects" will start performing.

it wouldn't have been inconceivable for us to challenge for the league this season, if suarez stayed. heck, we would have put a stronger challenge last season also if valverde wouldn't have been sacked or if we would have brought in a better manager than that bum setien.

atletico and real are nothing to be scared about. win against the other teams and you're in a title challenge.

Last edited:

messi2140

6racies Xavi
And Ill say this again , if Messi had his finishing boots this season the league would have looked completely different and Suarez being here or not wouldn't have been an issue . But Im sure I won't see you in the Messi thread after another comical shooting session against Huesca.

Last edited:

malvolio

And Ill say this again , if Messi had his finishing boots this season the league would have looked completely different and Suarez being here or not wouldn't have been an issue . But Im sure I won't see you in the Messi thread after another comical shooting session against Huesca.

fair enough messi has been poor this season. but having another player that takes the scoring burden would have been good. also suarez is very good at battling defenders and opening up space.

is this something a team as barcelona should do? rely on a single player for all attacking phase output(goals+assists)? i thought the narrative here is that we got rid of tyrant suarez and all other attackers will be more involved and start to score goals. nah, i guess messi is the one to blame for this one also.

In retrospect a forward line of Fati/Dembele-Suarez-Dembele/Griezmann would have looked better than any of our current choices.

jamdav will explain to you how fati and dembele wouldn't have had the same freedom of expression with suarez here. the shackles are free now!

Last edited:

mc_lovin

In retrospect a forward line of Fati/Dembele-Suarez-Dembele/Griezmann would have looked better than any of our current choices.

FinBarcelonafan

By your logic we should keep every old player till they totally drop of the cliff.

Vidal, Rakitic and Suarez were all useful players and would be playing some minutes for this team but it was time to move on, build something from scratch.

It was essential for our team (long run), that we got rid of them. Same should be done to Pique, Busi, Coutinho etc. Maybe Messi depending how his motivation is.

Andresito

Staff member
By your logic we should keep every old player till they totally drop of the cliff.

Vidal, Rakitic and Suarez were all useful players and would be playing some minutes for this team but it was time to move on, build something from scratch.

It was essential for our team (long run), that we got rid of them. Same should be done to Pique, Busi, Coutinho etc. Maybe Messi depending how his motivation is.

Fully agree. Rebuild had to start somewhere.
Suarez' toxicity, awful behaviour on the pitch and overentitlement were all signs it was time to let him go.

La Masia veterans next. Busi miles ahead of the others in that line.

Home of Barca Fans