Luis Suárez

Raketa10

Do not think Suarez alone was a big issue. Issue was playing Messi and Suarez together. If only 1 is in game, then rest of the team, if hungry and energetic, can compensate. So giving up Suarez for free to direct rival is as stupid as one can be, so it is wise decision to block it.
Simple solution is just to not use Messi and Suarez in the same game at the same time and not pay him in more than 60% of games or b) selling Suarez to some other club in some other country, emphases on "sell".

Yeah, it's very wise to pay 25 mil salary to a 33y player who will sit on the bench. :facepalm: If we are afraid of ATM with 33y old Suarez than joke is on us. Fuck this board!

Basso92

wow the level of conversation is really high here.

You do know that 99% transfers in football happen when the player still has a contract with his old club and he never gets paid the next seasons salary when he goes to another club. Should Barca pay Neymar's reamaning salary untill the end of his contract when he went to PSG?

How old are you?

Barcelona cant sell Suarez because of his salary so he has no transfer value. Its the same with Arsenal and ?zil.
So Barcelona and Suarez agents have to agree on an amount in order to buy him out of the Barcelona contract because he is unwanted.

Jay Jay

He (Su?rez) does not speak a word of Italian. He does not conjugate verbs, he only speaks using the infinitive. If journalists would ask him some questions, he’d be lost. He earns €10m/year, he needs to pass this exam." [la repubblica via @FabrizioRomano]

Decide man, whether he speak or not.

malvolio

Is it okay for you to pay your employee the remaining year of the contract, but he moved to another company? Each transfer should then end that way. Of course, he is a toxic asshole if he asks to be paid for the remaining year of his contract, and to go to another club. If he asked me for such a thing, he would spend the season in the stands.

of course it is ok from a legal point of view! i gave him a fat contract and now i want him out. i can tell him to fuck off, but he will just tell me he is ok with staying and fulfilling the remaining of contract. i then propose to give him half, to which he might accept.

once we part ways it is none of my business what he does with his life. i don't think european laws let you insert a clause in which he is obliged to not sign with anyone if he takes the mutual termination - that would somehow mean your are denying him the right to work.

You do know that 99% transfers in football happen when the player still has a contract with his old club and he never gets paid the next seasons salary when he goes to another club. Should Barca pay Neymar's reamaning salary untill the end of his contract when he went to PSG?

you do know that you can't sell a player on contract against his will?

for example: neymar could have said that he doesn't want to move because psg can't offer him a similar wage and that the transfer might go through if barca pay him the difference for the remainder of contract. so yes, barca could have still payed neymar money so that he moves.

TheStig

Yes, I would put Suarez in the stands and individual trainig if he doesn't accept to leave without payment. He can stay here because he has a contract but he wouldn't play. Of course that will not happen because nobody in this club has the balls to do it so he will play 100% minutes when he's fit.

LeeRomeno

Yeah, it's very wise to pay 25 mil salary to a 33y player who will sit on the bench. :facepalm: If we are afraid of ATM with 33y old Suarez than joke is on us. Fuck this board!

It is bad and worse situation. Of course it is not wise, but to actually pay our player to join direct rival for free is more dumb then using his services for last year.
Of course best bet would be selling him elsewhere, but if it is not possible, rather keep then let him go to Atletico.

malvolio

Yes, I would put Suarez in the stands and individual trainig if he doesn't accept to leave without payment. He can stay here because he has a contract but he wouldn't play. Of course that will not happen because nobody in this club has the balls to do it so he will play 100% minutes when he's fit.

it would be just another bale case. madrid fucked around the same way we did and eventually had to find a solution. they loaned him to tottenham and are still paying part of his salary(half by all accounts).

also, why would you want to keep a player that earns so much in the stands? there are no feelings in business and solutions have to be found. otherwise it's mostly the club that has to lose from the situation. suarez will be the victim here.

Last edited:

ronniecro

wow the level of conversation is really high here.

do you understand the difference between buying the player from another club and terminating the contract of your own player?

Messi983

Tbh I don't even know why he did that exam, he never wanted to go to Juve.

Will be fun to see what conspiracy theories people will have now to put a blame for this on Bartomeu too. :lol:

Home of Barca Fans