Luis Suárez

Hawk

yes, bit then again no #9 in the world is as good as prime suarez and those handful at most who might be better for barca than the shell version are the 150mil + ones even if they could have been had.

prime saurez was a different freak, but its time to create a different dynamic which is long over due.

the "henrik larsson role" is one possibility for suarez

Andrew M

He's still a worthy addition to the squad but we need something extra in the CL as his scoring record is embarrassing.

The strange thing is that he can still score against Real Madrid and Atletico in La Liga but isnt able to score in CL even against small teams.

Arizona Scott

The strange thing is that he can still score against Real Madrid and Atletico in La Liga but isnt able to score in CL even against small teams.
he scored 1 and lead to the scoring of 3 goals in our cl quarters and semis. the cl streak is more bad timing (the important cl matches are march on) and using a small sample. we will get a couple more good years if he can rest him more outside if the cl and hopefully keep chronic knee stuff down.

DonAK

President of FC Barcelona
he scored 1 and lead to the scoring of 3 goals in our cl quarters and semis. the cl streak is more bad timing (the important cl matches are march on) and using a small sample. we will get a couple more good years if he can rest him more outside if the cl and hopefully keep chronic knee stuff down.

Bad timing.

Small sample.

Don't bullshit with me. I don't like bullshitters.

He has 5 goals in his last 30 CL games. He hasn't scored an away goal in the CL since 2015.

I am going to fight everyone who tries to say it's not a big deal for a striker to have such an embarrassing record.

Last edited:

kattanib

He is such a horrible player and we should not play him; we are extremely unfortunate to have such a player in our team. Despite him being our only number 9 finisher, we should put less effective players in his place because we have plenty of options. I nominate playing Abel Ruiz.

xXKonan

Again people look at Suarez's goal stats in the league people try to convince you he's still a top tier striker while ignoring how bad his performances can get and his embarrassing CL stats since 2015.

kattanib

I would think it is fair to judge a player based on what other similar players of his age are doing. Now the decision whether or not that player should be our number one choice falls on the manager and the club; not the player. Very simple.

te amo barca

Blaugrana al vent
Suarez had the most chances missed in the top 5 leagues by a large margin last season. His finishing is simpy shit. Rare flashes of brilliance do not justify his terrible touches and passes either.

serghei

Bad timing.

Small sample.

Don't bullshit with me. I don't like bullshitters.

He has 5 goals in his last 30 CL games. He hasn't scored an away goal in the CL since 2015.

I am going to fight everyone who tries to say it's not a big deal for a striker to have such an embarrassing record.

His excuse, which is a valid one, is that the whole team has been crap away from home in CL since 2015. And as a striker, without proper service, your game suffers. That's not saying his level in CL away has been top notch, but I'm sure he'd have scored a lot more within a working system.

Horatio

You're welcome
His excuse, which is a valid one, is that the whole team has been crap away from home in CL since 2015. And as a striker, without proper service, your game suffers. That's not saying his level in CL away has been top notch, but I'm sure he'd have scored a lot more within a working system.

Agreed. A player like that doesnt just turn shit. If other sub-top and midlevel players can score Suarez should to. You can argue hes not his best anymore but at his level he should still be able to score. Probably psychological block and lack of team performance factor in greatly.

Home of Barca Fans