Luis Suárez

This, Suarez open things for Messi, whether it is his off the ball movement or the passes he receives back from him or the passes he gives. He is turning into our own version of Benzema

That's great and all, but we pay him the big bucks to finish. He can't hit the backside of a barn in his current state, his passing, first touch, pace and 1v1 abilities are also at an all time low right now.

JamDav1982

He doesnt look fit and team carrying him and Messi defensively is too much for midfield. Those two basically just stop and stay up park when opposition have the ball.

There is not a team in world that defend with two up top like that who dont defend by at least one dropping deeper and pressing midfield. Very nearly dropped points due to that in second half yesterday.

Paco was the best 'defender' of the three by a distance.

M

MessiCam

I'm not saying Messi is pulling ranks. That would be blasphemy!:lol: Let me be clear. All I meant was the chemistry between the two that is still visible on the pitch and creates a lot of scoring chances. Although Suarez fucks up real bad all year long.

Oh, Lol. Unfortunately that chemistry isn’t leading to more goals than wasted chances.

My other point still stands though.

Messi983

We will insist on signing all these players in their late 20s though

BS.

Paulinho and Cillessen (who's a backup GK and his age doesn't really matter that much) were the only players in their late 20s we've signed in the last two years. All other signings were 23 or younger.

Stoichkov1

He doesnt look fit and team carrying him and Messi defensively is too much for midfield. Those two basically just stop and stay up park when opposition have the ball.

There is not a team in world that defend with two up top like that who dont defend by at least one dropping deeper and pressing midfield. Very nearly dropped points due to that in second half yesterday.

Paco was the best 'defender' of the three by a distance.

Lewandowski, Ronaldo and Benzema don't defend at all.

DHorozov

He is so bad ... even looking at Benzema's awful games sometimes he still looks miles ahead of Suarez ... just painful to watch him ... he ruined 4-5 great counters in just like 10-15 minutes last night ...

The other thing is that I am not quite sure anymore that he really understand how bad he is ... I mean I wouldn't mind if at least once he step up in front of the camera and say I know I am shit, but will try my best, or start showing his frustration only on him, not trying to blame his teammates most of the time ... a month ago I was sure that he is trying his best to get back on track, but that does not look to be the case anymore ...

M

MessiCam

Messi, for a long time now, has been absolved of defensive duties which is fair enough if you ask me. And Suárez does drop into midfield to defend on occasion. 90% teams fall back into a 4-4-2/4-4-1-1 when defending. Some go 4-5-1.

Blaming Messi and Suárez for the coaches sit back tactics is laughable.

We nearly dropped points because we allowed Sevilla to much time on the ball... It was even worse than against Bilbao. We only had 45% of the ball in the 2nd half.

Last edited:

JamDav1982

Messi, for a long time now, has been absolved of defensive duties which is fair enough if you ask me. And Suárez does drop into midfield to defend on occasion. 90% teams fall back into a 4-4-2/4-4-1-1 when defending. Some go 4-5-1.

Blaming Messi and Suárez for the coaches sit back tactics is laughable.

Suarez barely drops into midfield to defend and wasnt yesterday. He will more press the defence if anything.

Laughable is making up an argument no one is saying and it is his tactics to have those two up the park so all linked anyway.

JamDav1982

My point is that Lewandowki, Ronaldo and Benzema don't drop deep when the other team has the ball. Maybe in big games they defend more, not against midtable teams.

Benzema does. He was brilliant against Barca earlier in season doing just that.

Most teams will have one attacking player that defends a bit less anyway. When have Suarez doing it with Messi is is too much.

raedkuwait

i have a question, does he still get paid for being shit for soooooooooooo long ?! i mean come on, my 12 year
old son can do better than him now?!

Windhook

That miss in the 4th minute, one on one vs the goalkeeper... WTF, man!? This is not practice, it's a real match! Referees better allow Suarez to come out on the pitch with his beloved maté in hand. I start to think that tea really fucks up his brain and football judgement.:coffee:

Home of Barca Fans