Luis Suárez

M

MessiCam

Denis should never be a starting material for FC Barcelona. I completely agree with BBZ8800 regarding Denis, he is soooo overated on this forum! Denis is squad player at best or first 11 material for mid table teams. Only player who truly deserves chance right now is Alena while Denis and Deulofeu will only be our backups and nothing more whether you like it or no so stop dreaming.

People you need to realize one more thing every manager plays players for some reason not because he likes their hair or way of dressing. If Denis doesn't play more there is a reason for that. He might be bad in training or something but for sure there is a reason why Deulofeu and Denis have trouble playing under EVERY manager!

Regarding Luis Suarez, he clearly has some problems but he for sure didn't forget how to play football in 6 months. We should rest him until he fully recovers since playing him in this state is not good for anyone.

His injury will probably only get worse and chronic and on the other side he can't perform and his confidence will be on level ZERO. So please give him at least 2 or 3 weeks off and play anyone instead of him!!!!!!!!! For 2 games anyone can cover his spot considering he is disastrous. We can play Denis or Deulofeu on the left or Paco as a CF, I don't care as long as Suarez gets time off.

Denis doesn't have a problem under every manager... He was a starter for both Sevilla and Villarreal but at Barca it's pretty difficult to break through when Iniesta and Neymar are the starters in your preferred positions.

Are you really going to tell me that Rakitic and Gomes are Barcelona quality? Because as far as I can tell their selections are not even a case of the best from a bad bunch. They've been horrid... Other than the Juventus game, Rakitic has done absolutely nothing apart from annoy Messi to no end in the final third. Hell, even Alena's so-so performance against Murcia was a point of magnitude better than anything Rakitic has put out bar that one game and yet other than Messi and Ter Stegen he has featured the most. Their inclusions are based on defensive contributions and nothing else... A more attack minded manager would have sent them packing eons ago. Rakitic spot should be going to Roberto or Alena...

Regarding Suarez, it's not even a case of forgot how to play within 6 months. This has been a long time coming and his continued inclusion has necessitated a tactical switch which is hindering the best player on the team. Who does such a thing? My argument is and always has been for Denis to take up the left wing position so Messi can continue to weave his magic as a False 9. I don't rate Denis as midfielder. Never have and I never will. Some wires must have been crossed over the course of this discussion... Further, if this injury is as bad as you claim then the club would have insisted on him having the surgery but that's not the case. He is in decline... The rot has started to set in. He's not the first that it's happened to and he certainly won't be the last but he shouldn't be guaranteed a starting spot purely on reputation.

Last edited:

Neymessi

With isnanity definition, we have already seen enough of the Ghost, Deulo and similar to write them off.
They have "done" more than enough to not count on them seriously.
Denis had 40 matches in Barca and he was good like 3 times. Wtf?

Luis was at least once the best Cf in the world.
He "has" it. Maybe he has lost it.
With Denis or Deulo, it is quite certain, they surely don't "have" it. And they will never come to even close of "having" it.

You forced me now to write bad about Deulo (whom I don't dislike), in order to reply to your "insanity" analogy.

Again, Luis, Raki, Gomes and some are bad.
But some others which some of you are suggesting are 100s levels below the worst level of Gomes and Rakitic.

Again, I am not sure whether you don't know facts or you have totally lost it in the last few days (being too emotional because of our bad displays), but:
1. Rakitic has 86 NT matches for Croatia, more or less as a key player. Played numerous World cups and Euros, again as a key player of Croatia back then.
He was a key player at Basel who played a Champions league. For years he was a key player at Schalke.
For years, he was awesome at Sevilla and won Uefa Cup.

So, basically, Rakitic is a proven player in EVERY club in which he played, plus in a national team.

Let's take a breath now and use a simple logic and a rule which I am mentioning often:
1) if a player is a bench player under several different coaches in a row or in several different clubs=he 90% most likely sucks
2) on contrary, if a player is a starter and a key player under several different coaches in several different clubs=it is very likely that he is a good player since he is a starter wherever he goes

Now, let's go back:
Rakitic:
1. starter and a key player at Basel
Schalke
Sevilla
Barcelona
Croatian NT team
5 out 5.

2. Denis The Ghost:
1. a ghost in Sevilla
2. good at Villareal
3. a ghost under Lucho
4. a ghost under Ernesto
5. NT team? He can play only for a NT team of ghost players

I mean, you write about insanity and then you throw ideas like this one.

Xavi and Iniesta were winning titles on youth WC NT tournaments.
They had tons of talents.
Arnaiz is a player who is NOT playing as a key player in youth Spanish teams who are winning world cups.
Also, he is 22 and he has 50 matches in Segunda in his life.
And you would bench Suarez for him? Wow.

You guys should go back to a La Masia threads and read more about Adama, Halil the next Messi, Munir, Sandro, Deulofeu, how Barca will have 5 world class forwards in the future, how we will field 11 La Masia players in a CL final of 2018 and 2020 etc.
You sound as overly enthusiastic and too romantic about La Masia and young players currently.

On every Xavi, there is 99 players who don't turn into anything.
We are Barca, not Arsenal or Ajax and we don't have time to tests players like Denis Suarez and Ardaiz and check whether they will turn into a playable player.
They can get 2-3 chances, if they don't shine right away, well, we'll move to the next new gems.

We can read the same crazy ideas year:
Give chances to Samper, give chances to Bartra, give chances to Deulo, give chances to Munir, give chances to Sandro, give chances to Palencia.
I mean, yes, we can give them chances in Cop del rey.
If they will shine, give them more chances.
If they will suck even on that level, well...

You are quoting stats about their reputation and not giving a compelling argument why rakitic deserves a start ahead of alena or denis.

Rakitic will keep starting for croatia forever but how many great games has he had there? Whenever I have seen him play for NT he is doing the same shit of passing sideways and backwards. You bring the fact that denis has played 3 good games for us which I think is is more than 3 but you don't mention how many good games rakitic played with croatia. Rakitic is horrendous right now and honestly speaking he has been for a good time now.

Me and jamdav were calling him average since the last season when most people were still applauding him even after being poor because of the treble season nostalgia. But right now its crystal clear he is quite shit. His constant starts for croatia and sevilla are irrelevant. Gomes was a starter at valencia and valencia is the better of the midtable clubs and he was good for them also but has been atrocious here. Past starts don't really matter.

I agree people here are quick to jump on la masia hype and I remember the exxageratted hype surrounding samper back then but right now alena does deserve a start at least in a turdfest of our team.

Last edited:

ThwiX

Best midfielder around
Crap again so far. But you knew that would be the case when the first thing he did after a couple of seconds into the match was to gift Sevilla the ball with a misplaced pass.

M

MessiCam

Bench this guy seriously.

The only thing he can do is roll defenders now.

Thiago10

What happened to this guy? We will have to find a great replacement for him in the summer, and knowing our board, I don't believe we will...

bodi16

Impossible just to think atm that this guy won the pichichi over Messi and CR by scoring 40 goals in la liga less than two years ago.

Raki13

Another shocking display , its like playing with a man down. I hope we are close to signing a top striker because this guy is done.

Home of Barca Fans