Luis Enrique

El Flaco

Well, things are simple. We're not scoring 5 goals against this Juventus. We can score 3, and maybe force extra time were everything can happen. If we concede we're out.

People said the same thing against PSG. We can definitely score 5 against juventus. Messi,suarez and our 4 midfielders were far from special and we still hit them for 6. If MSN have a really good game we surely can hit them for anything.

[tw]851897035540267014[/tw]

Devils

Juve conceded only 2 goals in CL this season, they are playing like Atletico on steroids with Buffon in the goal, it's a mountain to climb.

^^^^x30

They will park the bus at Nou Camp as well. Defiant Lucho even admits that it is a near impossible task.

BusiTheKing

I'm more optimistic about this one than the PSG return leg. No doubt we can score three. I feel like the whole world is overrating Juve's defence right now. They parked it heavily and we still created big chances with very simple runs. If we fire up the quick combinations and torpedo in runs from fullbacks, we will get the chances we need.

God Serena

I'm more optimistic about this one than the PSG return leg. No doubt we can score three. I feel like the whole world is overrating Juve's defence right now. They parked it heavily and we still created big chances with very simple runs. If we fire up the quick combinations and torpedo in runs from fullbacks, we will get the chances we need.

"Simple", you say?

What was simple is how they could make simple passes to each other to create wide open shots while we had to rely on Messi to give an amazing through ball just to get a chance on goal.

Neymessi

How many great saves did Trapp make in the game? Not even one. Do you see Buffon doing the same? Even if we play great and create chances, all it takes is for Buffon to pull off some top saves here and there and it's done.

We can score 3. But 5 against Juventus? Odds are 100 to 1.

Buffon is a good GK, but not a god. You can't bet and say he is surely going to make great saves. If we show clinical finishing we will score. Thats it

Where did you pull the 100 to 1 numbers from? Our chances to qualify are way more than that.

https://www.oddschecker.com/football/champions-league/barcelona-v-juventus/to-qualify

We are placed 5 to 1 to qualify.

Juve conceded only 2 goals in CL this season, they are playing like Atletico on steroids with Buffon in the goal, it's a mountain to climb.

Its a case of a useless statistic if you ask me. Sure their defence is great but they have only played sevilla,lyon,dinamo zagreb and porto before us in this season champions league. If we have a good day we can definitely match their defence. What you said is pretty much what everyone was saying in the PSG return leg.

^^^^x30

They will park the bus at Nou Camp as well. Defiant Lucho even admits that it is a near impossible task.

Same thing everybody said for the PSG return leg.

Last edited:

Ghostmaster

Danger Ahead
Its a case of a useless statistic if you ask me. Sure their defence is great but they have only played sevilla,lyon,dinamo zagreb and porto before us in this season champions league. If we have a good day we can definitely match their defence. What you said is pretty much what everyone was saying in the PSG return leg.

That's why I am refraining from the word "impossible", we've already seen some crazy stuff in football, it's possible but very unlikely.

BusiTheKing

"Simple", you say?

What was simple is how they could make simple passes to each other to create wide open shots while we had to rely on Messi to give an amazing through ball just to get a chance on goal.

Simple in terms the whole play starting from status quo consisted of one player making a run and receiving it in a 1v1 with Buffon. There were no combinations or anything to unlock it. No multiple players running at once to untangle the lines. All it took was a good pass and a simple run.

Neymessi

Simple in terms the whole play starting from status quo consisted of one player making a run and receiving it in a 1v1 with Buffon. There were no combinations or anything to unlock it. No multiple players running at once to untangle the lines. All it took was a good pass and a simple run.

That hapenned just once. For the majority of the match we were made to look like amateurs when trying to create a chance.

Also if you look closely alves had a brainfart that led to the chance where he turned 360 losing complete concentration.

DonAndres

Wild Man of Borneo
The mentality is different this time. Lucho and Iniesta both said that a comeback is more complicated than it was last time and, tbh, I don't even think the players have reacted that strongly to this loss. They seemed numb. That mentality alone is a huge difference from the buildup to the comeback against PSG. Not to mention the other factors such as having only 1 week to analyze/prepare with a Clasico in the way (so really only a few days to prepare), and that's assuming Lucho even gives a fuck at this point. Then you have the fact that Juve will not choke, not like PSG did. You can't pull the same lucky shit out of your ass twice and Lucho wasted his get-out-of-jail-free card with this pathetic performance.

Actions, or lack thereof, have consequences. Lucho has shown time and time again that he will not learn from mistakes. We've practically gifted RM the league with all the stupid point dropping against small teams when we had the chance to catch up, Lucho never learned from that either.

Even if the .0001% chance becomes a reality and we go through, we'll still have to potentially face sides like Bayern/RM/Atletico in the semis and the final. Are we gonna beat Bayern 4-0 or 6-1 at the Camp Nou too? There's no way. If that game didn't outright disqualify Barcelona, it pretty much guaranteed that we're not contenders. Or we could keep insisting on these deluded fantasies and pray that somehow we end up winning against Juventus and then play BVB in the semis and Leicester in the final :lol:. And even then, I doubt we could do it cleanly.

BusiTheKing

My point is that while we were shit in attack with generally impotent runs and total lack of initiative, we still created two gigantic chances that should have been goals. If they made mistakes, they're going to make them again. If we decide to actually show up, I don't think it is as unlikely as everyone else does.

Devils

Same thing everybody said for the PSG return leg.

You are not dealing with a young relatively inexperienced PSG defence and midfield. You are going up against world class experienced Italians who are historically masterful at defending leads. This is what the Italians are known for and that is their identity.

What you are saying really no different than a team getting smashed at Camp Nou by a in-form Barcelona and then saying "we are stronger at home, we will just out posses and out pass Barcelona and beat them in the end".

Sure it is possible, but it is extremely unlikely to happen. With the 3-0 beating, we gave them a huge cushion and allow them to do what they do best.

Last edited:

Neymessi

Buffon a "good" gk :lol:

Is that directed to my post? So is that funny because you think he is not good or because he is too great to be called good? If its the former you are dead wrong and if its the latter, then there is nothing wrong with calling great players good in general.

F

FlaFCB

Is that directed to my post? So is that funny because you think he is not good or because he is too great to be called good? If its the former you are dead wrong and if its the latter, then there is nothing wrong with calling great players good in general.

Buffon is one of the best gk ever. Saying he is "good, but not a god" is dead wrong, yes. Mats is a good gk.

Home of Barca Fans