Luis Enrique

serghei

You are still not getting the point whatsoever.

No one is trying to say Lucho is a tactical revolutionary.

Barely any managers ever are but he has changed things.

I did, I said he didn't revolutionize anything. We still have a long way to go until we can say he achieved something. Last season we were engaged with big chances in all 3 competitions until april, with some fine games on the process as well.

Lucho made some wrong decision at first, now he's been getting them right recently, but he could always go back to making the wrong decisions again. We'll see at the end of the season if he ends up on the "+"side or on the "-" side.

Last edited:

JamDav1982

I did, I said he didn't revolutionize anything. We still have a long way to go until we can say he achieved something. Last season we were in with big chances in all 3 competitions until april, with some fine game on the process as well.

You keep pointing out that none of his ideas are original as if people are saying they are.

Almost every manager there has ever been applies a mix of ideas - Lucho is the same and they way the team are playing now is not an exact replica of any other Barca.

No one is sayinh anything is achieved either other than Barca are currently playing some of their best football in years. Who knows where that will lead.

BBZ8800

I did, I said he didn't revolutionize anything. We still have a long way to go until we can say he achieved something. Last season we were engaged with big chances in all 3 competitions until april, with some fine games on the process as well.

Lucho made some wrong decision at first, now he's been getting them right recently, but he could always go back to making the wrong decisions again. We'll see at the end of the season if he ends up on the "+"side or on the "-" side.

By that logic, none coach except Pep invented something revolutionary.
Cruijff played Holland's total football.
Van Gaal also.
Rijkaard played his own version of that football.

Basically, Pep was the only coach who by himself invented something never seen before.

Lucho hasn't done anything revolutionary, but he found a new way and a new balance to bring back the energy, faith, motivation, beautiful, attacking football=which also brings results.

So, if we are talking about tactical inventors, then most of our former coaches haven't done anything.
But again, that is irrelevant.

We are having fun now, we are playing nice, and we have chances to win some trophies.
That's all you need from a coach.
And to find a balance for that isn't that easy.

Ursegor

World Champion
serghei is having a mare. I understand though. After his initial, very vocal stance that "Lucho is playing Italian football with no positional changes" and how Barca with Alexis and Cesc were supposedly a much better team it surely bothers him that Barca is looking the strongest, most in-form team in Europe and the best Barca since the Pep days now. :)

serghei

serghei is having a mare. I understand though. After his initial, very vocal stance that "Lucho is playing Italian football with no positional changes" and how Barca with Alexis and Cesc were supposedly a much better team it surely bothers him that Barca is looking the strongest, most in-form team in Europe and the best Barca since the Pep days now. :)

You're so far off it's not even funny. Lucho changed a couple of things and that is very good, that doesn't mean he didn't made some mistakes in the first part of the season. He's managed to fix them apparently, great, but to say they didn't exist is twisted.

Barca with Alexis and Cesc won the league with 100 points brother and played 2 Champions League semifinals back to back, one of them unjustly lost. :lol: Your point is?

It doesn't bother me Barca looks the strongest, long it may continue. That's a pretty dum thing to say.

Last edited:

JamDav1982

You're so far off it's not even funny. Lucho changed a couple of things and that is very good, that doesn't mean he didn't made some mistakes in the first part of the season. He's managed to fix them apparently, great, but to say they didn't exist is twisted.

Barca with Alexis and Cesc won the league with 100 points brother and played 2 Champions League semifinals back to back, one of them unjustly lost. :lol: Your point is?

It doesn't bother me Barca is looks the stronges. A pretty stupid thing to say.

Again you are changing the argument...... no one is saying Lucho has not made mistakes in the first part of the season.

In fact the whole debate has been about how the team has CHANGED and how what Lucho has done to improve things.

You dont listen to what people are saying and then answer some other random point.

Just to make it clear -

1. No one is saying Lucho is a revolutionary

2. No one is saying he didnt make mistakes in earlier part of season.

DinhoR10

Hell I think Messi on the RW is revolutionary, how the hell did he get him to do it? :lol: Tata tried and Messi basially told him to go fuck himself and Messi basically Tony soprano'd Pep into CF.

F

Flavia

Nonplussed
Luis Enrique: I don't care about equalling Pep's record win streak

Barcelona have won 11 games in a row for the first time since Pep Guardiola managed it

Luis Enrique insists the fact that he has equalled Barcelona's best run under Pep Guardiola, of 11 consecutive wins, doesn't matter.
The coach was speaking after his side beat Levante 5-0 at the Camp Nou on Sunday night.

"Guardiola's record? I didn't know I had equalled the 11 wins, records do not interest me. The idea is to enjoy ourselves," said Enrique.

"We’ll only value it when the season ends. If we win titles then that’d be very good. We've played a great second half. I'm happy. It's a victory that strengthens us all.

"This is a team that is accustomed to distractions from outside. It is important to focus and improve."

Asked about why he didn't substitute hat-trick hero Lionel Messi, with the game won, Enrique replied: "I don't take him off because the idea is to get the most out of him," he said. "Against teams that sit back, we have to play with pace and power.

"Leo playing a lot is key for us. When there are players crowding the middle it’s difficult, but we knew he'd solve all our problems."

Ini8

¡Gr?*cies Xavi!
"Leo playing a lot is key for us. When there are players crowding the middle it’s difficult, but we knew he'd solve all our problems."

This must be the reason why most of our attacks start laterally rather than centrally. It's worked out well so far.

Chainsaw

Killahead
Hell I think Messi on the RW is revolutionary, how the hell did he get him to do it? :lol: Tata tried and Messi basially told him to go fuck himself and Messi basically Tony soprano'd Pep into CF.

For what I remember Messi played as a RW for Tata's Argentina some months ago and no one said go fuck yourself. In fact he played quite well there. This "Messi was poor last season because of Tata" is a bit of an overstatement tbh. Last season so many things went wrong on and off the field like no other season. It's hard to make a clear judgement about why things went wrong toward the end of the season.

DonAK

President of FC Barcelona
For what I remember Messi played as a RW for Tata's Argentina some months ago and no one said go fuck yourself. In fact he played quite well there. This "Messi was poor last season because of Tata" is a bit of an overstatement tbh. Last season so many things went wrong on and off the field like no other season. It's hard to make a clear judgement about why things went wrong toward the end of the season.

Yes although Tata made a bad call with playing Messi as almost a pure CF too. But time to move on and forget that. Messi actually seem to like Tata a lot and I think if it had been upto him, Tata would have still been here with us this season.(If Tata still wanted to continue that is, but he had already planned to leave in Feb/March or something)

Last edited:

Home of Barca Fans