Arda Turan

Antimadridista1

How can a 29 year old accept being sidelined for 6 months? And if we're so desperate to bring him here, who is he gonna replace in the team? He's got no chance of playing ahead of the trident or Pedro, that means he's fighting Busquets, Masche, Raki, Iniesta for a spot in our 11. All of which are better players than Arda, who is great on his day, but not Barca great.

Because he'll be in the best team and club in the world.
He's gonna replace Xavi.
He's a midfielder, not a forward.

B

Batman

Managing committee has decided not to sign deal on transfer of Atletico player Arda Turan (28). They leave decision for next president [ser]

I told you it was B.S from MD and Sport to pressure the deal

MaxY

Devil May Cry
Yea, SPORT is wrong like 99 % of the time. Read so much bullshit from them in the last few weeks.

Vlom

Previously known as Mehssi
Fuuuu, we dodged a bullet there! :lol:

I was unable to make any sense of this signing if it were true.

Luftstalag14

Culé de Celestial Empire
Really like Arda, but don't think we need him, and certainly not for the high transfer fee.

Good luck Arda with your future endeavors!

Cruijffista

SOY ANTIMADRIDISTA
Laporta needs to bring forward some alternatives. Maybe I was expecting too much but I thought Laporta was really going to bring it to Bartomeu.

Qqqq

Personally I'm pro Turan. Technically he is obviously extremely gifted and his actual game intelligence appears to be overlooked by most. Arguably (alongside Koke) the closest thing to a Barça leveled player currently residing in that part of Madrid and given the chance, I think he would show further improvement in his game.

Then there is his age. He will turn 29 come january which would seem to be a couple numerals too high, but taking into account that midfielders tend to gain what they lose in speed in intelligence, I'm not too worried. He's experienced and should be able to make a difference from day 1.

It's a long, long time since we've had a player comparable to him type wise and I'm quite intrigued to see what he would bring to the table if brought to Barcelona.

EDIT:

+ this:

UnknownPleasingHarpyeagle.gif

Loving the retro look with the low socks.

Last edited:
F

Flavia

I'm just wondering why Barto didn't sign him back when he signed vidal, if Enrique really asked for both.

DonAK

President of FC Barcelona
I'm just wondering why Barto didn't sign him back when he signed vidal, if Enrique really asked for both.

Did you read what Bartomeu said a few days ago?

'It would be convenient if the club signs a player before the 16th.'

With a creepy smile :lol:

IF all this about Arda is true, then I expect the signing to be official just a few days before the election day and the voting, because it'll be very convenient ;)

fcbdna

Banned
Honestly back-heel pass and all. . . We don't need a player with the temper of The incredible hulk in our team.
On his own as a person, he is bad pr for the team. Besides we already have Rakitic
Don't know what Cholo feeds his players, but one thing is certain, Arda is an extremist!

Home of Barca Fans