Arda Turan

MaxY

Devil May Cry
Marcelo, Arbeloa, Sergio Ramos, Pepe... Have I missed anyone else?

Marcelo isn't a thug and Pepe really calmed down, his number of cards this season is probably among the lowest for CB's. Arbeloa doesn't even play and is likely to be sold. Pretty much the only one is Sergio Ramos and he might leave..

barcetia

Mikrofonkåt
Have any of you not liking this player watched Atletico play this season? Outside the Barca vs Atletico games? Serious question not trying to belittle anyone. Hes a really solid player

Vilarrubi

If we sign him it's good purely because we need serious back up for our midfield. Roberto and Rafinha isn't enough

Not that I don't think he'd fit in he has the technical ability and what not but why bother honestly? With Rakitic we had a real need as seen against RM in the first clasico, Xavi just simply couldn't play in big games any more because he wasnt physically up to it. But Iniesta is still there and I think we can afford to wait to see how Rafinha does since I don't expect Iniest to reach xavi's current position for atleast another year.

Butaan4barca

Managing committee has decided not to sign deal on transfer of Atletico player Arda Turan (28). They leave decision for next president [ser]

I told you it was B.S from MD and Sport to pressure the deal

great. We can buy a real cb, or play bartra more. and play macherano more in the mid, when rotation is required.

Last edited:

PhilS

I think he would do a lot better in the Premier League than with Barca. As far as him possibly joining Barca goes, I find it difficult to even contemplate that. I rate him right up there with the very best midfielders in the world, so any team would have to at least consider an opportunity to get him.

The Barca defense would be even better with Arda, that is for sure. It would be like having a second Mascherano on the field, except better offensively. That would be a lot of Mascherano's for one team.

Darko

Have any of you not liking this player watched Atletico play this season? Outside the Barca vs Atletico games? Serious question not trying to belittle anyone. Hes a really solid player

He's solid no doubt, but he's not needed at Barca. Literally no idea where or when he would play.

barcetia

Mikrofonkåt
I think he would do a lot better in the Premier League than with Barca. As far as him possibly joining Barca goes, I find it difficult to even contemplate that. I rate him right up there with the very best midfielders in the world, so any team would have to at least consider an opportunity to get him.

The Barca defense would be even better with Arda, that is for sure. It would be like having a second Mascherano on the field, except better offensively. That would be a lot of Mascherano's for one team.

Why exactly would he do better with a premier league team? He's not particularly fast. In the EPL, pace is a pretty important factor for a winger which he would play there. Although not everything, we still see Bale struggling cuz his inability to find ground to run on which wasn't a problem in the EPL.

A huge mistake people make is to think that a CM at club X will be play CM at Barca. It's actually very far from the truth. We buy player for their sets of qualities which the coach feels that he needs. Masche has the perfect set of qualities to play as a CB for Barcelona while for any other club he'd be better as a defensive midfielder.

Henry was perfect as a wing forward.

Neymar who was a forward for almost his entire career, started on the wing for us. The list goes on.

Arda is a very intelligent player who has great dribbling skills. He isent particularly fast but obeys the managers command to apply pressure on the opposing team when chasing the ball. He isent particularly good at scoring goals either, which makes him a good potential attacking midfielder a la Iniesta for Barca.

He's solid no doubt, but he's not needed at Barca. Literally no idea where or when he would play.
He is exactly the player we need. A player who can play well at 3 different positions. A player who would offload Iniesta, Rakitic and Neymar. A player who unselfishly sacrifices himself for the team.

Where in Gods name is [MENTION=1094]Metaphysical[/MENTION] when you need him?

Last edited:

JamDav1982

Arda is nothing at all like Mascherano and plays out wide for Atletico.

Other than having a fairly aggressive approach they are polar opposites as players.

Home of Barca Fans