Lliga: Valencia - FC Barcelona 0-1

I am deeply disapointed, I knew enrique was one of the worst coaches in Barca history, but this was just to painful. So much talent on the field, he just cant figure it out

Luftstalag14

Culé de Celestial Empire
The day Luis Enrique gets the boot I will be popping some Champagne. Can't stand this imposter any more.

@LuisEnriqueOUT

Barcadub

Sevilla home-APOEL away-Valencia away.

Huge week. And two massive wins in the league. Now we should see it out until the new year with all wins.

Really tough game. Probably didn't deserve to win but aye we kept going until the last second and scored.

reDIOS10

sometimes i feel as if there are 10 years old kids in this forum. When the lineup included Busquets-Masche double pivot, most praise Lucho. When it doesn't work, they bash him for changing things. I'm actually happy he did it so everyone can stop crying for it. I'm still surprised a lot of people wanted it, it seemed so obvious that it would slow down our play.

dakt

Why are you guys blaming this on double pivot? I'll remind you Valencia had two best chances of the game after Rakitić introduction. They were way more dangerous after that and you would be talking a different story here if Bravo didn't save those chances.

Enrique utterly failed with subs. Xavi and Alves should have been subbed out way earlier, Suarez should have stayed in.

If I'm not mistaken one of those chances came from the cornet and other came from our mistake. So no, we were better after Raki came in.

UEFA_Barça_Chris

o Fenômeno
Lucho is daring in wrong moments. the beauty of experimentation is that you learn from the results in the aftermath (his previous experimentation(s)). Lucho IMO hasn't learned much, and the fact that he begins experimenting against big teams...and at away games. I'm not to fully blame Lucho for this as I at least commend his bravery, it's just very insensible timing. Players also had a under-average performance. Though it has to be said the first half to me felt very S. Ramos-esque in terms of bad tackling. I thought someone was bound to be sent-off for something stupid like heat of the moment tackles.

dakt

sometimes i feel as if there are 10 years old kids in this forum. When the lineup included Busquets-Masche double pivot, most praise Lucho. When it doesn't work, they bash him for changing things. I'm actually happy he did it so everyone can stop crying for it. I'm still surprised a lot of people wanted it, it seemed so obvious that it would slow down our play.

I was never for that combo, but never the less, experimenting against Valencia is NOT an option. He did same against Real. Now what does that tell you?

The main problem was not the double pivot, it was playing a double pivot without an AM which then forced Messi to take on that role, when he would've been far more impactful upfront.

L

Los Blancos

You guys solved your defensive issues but now that midfield is showing some problems.

slvtn

The double pivot idea itself isn't even that bad. Just the complete wrong time to test that system. Lucho needs to improve his strategies when he wants to surpass this season. Three coaches with no gameplay difference is inacceptable and the same goes for three coaches in three seasons. I wonder what he will do when Xavi leaves after the winter break.

Iarwain

If I'm not mistaken one of those chances came from the cornet and other came from our mistake. So no, we were better after Raki came in.
I'm thinking of that one-on-one that Bravo saved and Negredo chance, both came after their fast transitional attacks. Valencia was way more dangerous after that sub.

I really wanted to see Rakitić higher with double pivot behind him. Xavi was just too slow in final third.

DennyCrane

Lucky win. Those are needed, but Lucho's experimentations HAVE to stop. This was not the game for it. Rakitic in, and it was a different team. He wasted the largest part of the game with another bad choice of midfield... I have no hopes for this season, when our coach is this stupid.

Well, the basic idea with Busi-Masch was for either one to cover for Dani and Alba who rushed forward the entire time. Subsequently, after Lucho dissolved the pseudo double pivot the team was exposed twice over Alba's flank. So the basic idea wasn't that bad; but due to that the team lacked punch and pace going forward resulting in the well known image of running against a brick wall in the final third yet again.

Schumi

The main problem was not the double pivot, it was playing a double pivot without an AM which then forced Messi to take on that role, when he would've been far more impactful upfront.

The main problem was that the team was especially sluggish for at least 70mns of the game. Running and intensity >>>>> tactics and formations.

Home of Barca Fans