Lliga: Sevilla FC - FC Barcelona 2-2

Barcadub

Doesn't Iniesta suit much better against teams that like to counter very quickly like Valencia. I would prefer having Xavi against PSG and Iniesta against Valencia.

Xavi could well play against PSG, we will have to wait and see

CatalinR10

ipYpEOYSpUB9C.gif

Innnnnnnnnnnnn on Sevilla game thread

Damn this game is so important.

I don't even care if Barca plays beautiful or not considering the tough schedule ahead.

Neyboy , it's time to redeem yourself.

let's goooooooooo

L

linetty

Emery: “This current Barça side is very close to Guardiola’s”

Mind gamez

BBZ8800

With Pique-Mathieu looking like the 1st choice CB pairing ATM as others have said, where does that leave Masche? I know a midfield consisting of both Busquets and Mascherano has been tried before but I would like to see it again. Besides Xavi who can't play consistently at this point, Rakitic, Busquets and Masche have been our best players who are capable of playing midfield this season. God Iniesta what happen to you. Now of course that trio lacks creativity and pace but I would still like to see it given another try. I think with more practice at it, Busi can become very useful as a more attacking player. His one touch passes and just quick ball movement in general is something Barca has been horrible at all season IMO. Plus you know that a Midfield of Rakitic, Busquets and Mascherano will always put the work in on defense, something that will be key against the strong opposition we face this month.

I would put my money that Lucho will play Pique-Masch in every key match.
Pique-Masch is his 1st pick, not Pique-Mathieu.

About Masch+Busi together, again, we have 24 wins in the last 25 matches (or whatever the number is).
There really isn't any logic to ruin the current 433 with Dmc+Mc+Mc in order to try two Dmcs...

Some fans also don't like Masche as a DM for barca saying he lacks the qualities that a player needs at that position for the Barca style. All I have to say to that is it isn't our style anymore. As much as it hurts to say it's the truth. But I'd rather be winning games than losing playing "the barca way". Mascherano is actually the perfect DM for the way Barca is playing right now. He's really good at long balls and works harder than anyone to win the ball back. To me his defensive style is more suited as a DM than CB with how he over commits to attacking the ball carrier. But that's okay as a DM cause he still has Pique and Mathieu to cover for him.

Masch is a poor Dmc for Tiki-Taka.
But Masch is average at best even for the new Barca's style.

Even in this style there are different levels of controlling the game and possession.
Masch just doesn't bring any movement/vision/control to our team.
He is Liverpool's type of Dmc.

Obviously in a perfect world We'd have Rakitic-Busi-Iniesta in the midfield (which is what i think Lucho will pick for this game) with Iniesta doing what we all know he's capable of. But with Iniesta seriously out of form and not contributing much at all to the offense, wouldn't you rather have someone like Busquets in there who is way better defensively and with the potential to add something to the attack (better ball movement)?

Iniesta numbers are poor this Season, but again, we have 24 wins.
So, the same as with Neymar.
If even off form Neymar is good enough so that we can win in almost any match, the same works for Iniesta.
He is off form, but he is still good enough/better than any other option and we are still winning 95% of matches.

Jombi

Incredibly difficult game. I cant say I would be terribly disappointed if we only manage one point tbh, even though it is far from ideal of course.

StarLord

Emery: “This current Barça side is very close to Guardiola’s”

Mind gamez

If anything, Lucho's Barca is the first time that we have stepped away from Pep's system. We have become rock solid in set pieces for many months now and we tend to score from counters.

Antimilan

It will be an interesting match I never doubt that. However, I would really like the match more if the referee won't screw Sevilla up, as in literally almost every match that we play against the giant duo (Barca, RM). The last encounter in Camp Nou (November 2014) was alright though, without referee's help. Most of the other matches had at least 1 controversial decision against Sevilla, damaging us a lot. Furthermore, I would also not want the referee to damage Barca by any means. Hopefully he can control this dynamic match, as I can tell you one thing for tonight, Sevilla will not make it easy for Barca, and those highly optimistic that this will be a walk in the park, might just be disappointed at the end.

Anyway, as someone mentioned in the forum somewhere, all it takes is Messi on GOD MODE and the job is done. I just hope that Emery has figured out something to stop that from happening. I'm not afraid from the poor finisher Neymar, but still Suarez can cause a lot of headaches in our defense.

This will be one of the rare times also that Sevilla will be in full force (squad wise). In the last encounter, we didn't have M'bia (so zero set-piece risk from our side), and missed both Tremoulinas and Navarro (LB's), so a RB (Diogo) had to improvise as a LB for that match, which is a pity.

All in all, may the best win!

DrPepper

Hopefully it'll turn out like pretty much every other match against an Emery team. They take the lead and we somehow come back to win the match from behind.

Alik

If we take 3 pointd today I believe we are 85% league winners

It will be awesome. But every game counts 3 points and there a lot of matches ahead. The games we dropped points so far this season, bar Madrid, have been "easy" games.

Home of Barca Fans