Lliga | Round 37: Levante - FC Barcelona 5-4

viper76

We had a chance of making history winning the league undeafed that will never repeat itself in 100 years just to get 2m by playing a friendly game in South Africa is beyond believable and just shows that the club is runs by clones know nothing about football.

Last edited:

serghei

I think its a combination of a lack of focus/complacency and the team suddenly going all out attacking most of the time.

Complacency happens when the manager is shit at his job.

Manager's role is to make sure his players are:

- fit for the game
- motivated to win
- equipped with the right tactics to win.

Valverde has failed at least at 1 of those 3 repeatedly this season. Luckily our individual quality allowed us to still win those games.

Last edited:

Luftstalag14

Culé de Celestial Empire
We had a chance of making history winning the league undeafed that will never repeat itself in 100 years just get 2m by playing a friendly game in South Africa is beyond believable and just shows that the club is runs by clones know nothing about football.

Perhaps that shows he didn't care as much about that record as we thought. It is really a meaningless record, nobody is going to remember that after a few years. Clubs are judged by the number of trophies they won, not this sort of streak.

Kul_z

F..k off, f..k off valverde. Mats face at the end says it all, i do wonder how he feels about getting five in the net, and absolutely nothing that he could do about that. Mina is a joke, busi is not a kind of player that can thrive in this valverde system, suarez plays like utter shit, worst game from rakitic by far this season, alba is like a horse on left flank(learn how to use your right foot you mediocre something), only positive thing is coutinho(what a efin player). Overall, this valverde shit just doesnt make sense anymore, i dont want to be one of those who desperately calls for messi, but it is what it is. Without him we are clueless. And i pay my sport package just to watch my beloved team play but not under this circumstances. Fuck off ev

Luftstalag14

Culé de Celestial Empire
Complacency happens when the manager is shit at his job.

Manager's role is to make sure his players are:

- fit for the game
- motivated to win
- equipped with the right tactics to win.

I am 50/50 about this. In principle I agree with you, but then again our players have been complacent for many years, this is not new. That shows the multiple managers after Guardiola either had no way of correcting that or they didn't try. Either way it is mostly the players that deserve a spanking. They have been sitting on the laurels for too long, having no good reason.

JerseyAddict

Perhaps that shows he didn't care as much about that record as we thought. It is really a meaningless record, nobody is going to remember that after a few years. Clubs are judged by the number of trophies they won, not this sort of streak.

I dissagree with you. People remember such generation and refer to them. Thisseaspm won't ve remembered as anything special out of another ones that won La Liga. This could have been a distinctive one. Now it is another Double season. Like others.

serghei

I am 50/50 about this. In principle I agree with you, but then again our players have been complacent for many years, this is not new. That shows the multiple managers after Guardiola either had no way of correcting that or they didn't try. Either way it is mostly the players that deserve a spanking. They have been sitting on the laurels for too long, having no good reason.

OK. If the players deserve a spanking, then spank them. Sub Suarez for a few games for ruining 75% of the attacks that go through him. That's a start. Show you're the boss and you demand more focus and determination.

He's showing shit. Instead of penalizing these showings he kind of minimizes them, saying how great the opponent were, and how unpredictable football is, shit like that. Say it's unacceptable from us to concede 5 goals like that. Show some balls ffs.

Last edited:

El Flaco

Apparently, Levante are in a really good form. Only 1 loss and 2 draws in the last 10 games.

They might actually take 3 points tomorrow if we aren't careful. Valverde should field our strongest line-up.

Levante 1 - 1 Espanyol
Getafe 0 - 1 Levante
Levante 2 - 1 Eibar
Girona 1 - 1 Levante
Levante 2 - 1 Las Palmas
Atletico Madrid 3 - 0 Levante
Levante 1 - 0 Malaga
Athletic Bilbao 1 - 3 Levante
Levante 2 - 1 Sevilla
Leganes 0 - 3 Levante

Welp...

Luftstalag14

Culé de Celestial Empire
I dissagree with you. People remember such generation and refer to them. Thisseaspm won't ve remembered as anything special out of another ones that won La Liga. This could have been a distinctive one. Now it is another Double season. Like others.

Achieving that record or not, this season will forever be remembered by the humiliating defeat at the hands of AS Roma and the fashion we crashed out of the CL more than anything else. Having that record does nothing to make me feel better about this season.

Barcaman

Administrator
Staff member
Achieving that record or not, this season will forever be remembered by the humiliating defeat at the hands of AS Roma and the fashion we crashed out of the CL more than anything else. Having that record does nothing to make me feel better about this season.

Pretty sure this season will be remembered for domestic double too. :)

Or was that Messi's double and CL exit was Valverde's?

Luftstalag14

Culé de Celestial Empire
OK. If the players deserve a spanking, then spank them. Sub Suarez for a few games for ruining 75% of the attacks that go through him. That's a start. Show you're the boss and you demand more focus and determination.

He's showing shit. Instead of penalizing these showings he kind of minimizes them, saying how great the opponent were, and how unpredictable football is, shit like that. Say it's unacceptable from us to concede 5 goals like that. Show some balls ffs.

We should but we won't. I like Paco but can he replace Suarez? Other than him we've got no one else.

JerseyAddict

Achieving that record or not, this season will forever be remembered by the humiliating defeat and the fashion we crashed out of the CL more than anything else. Having that record does nothing to make me feel better about this season.

I agree. But undefeated season could have been as an "bandadge" on an open cut. Now if RM wins third CL they will laugh again.

I think after Supercopa defeats Double is a great thing. But all in all this season is a bittersweat one.

Double is a great thing. But Roma game is a disgrace and Levante game shows that after spending 300-350m or God knows how much... At the end... Levante gets five. I mean no dissrespect, but f Levante.

This club needs to realy think about years without Messi. What they want. To sink or to stay on top. If the latter... Then get some gripp.

Home of Barca Fans