Lliga | Round 35: FC Barcelona - Espanyol 1-0

Latschenkiefer

This system does some work but also exposes the ones who don't have the athleticism to really defend and cover ground.

I don't see that much that works tbh.

25 minutes in the game
- 0-1 big chances against the last on the table
- slow, predictable passing
- most actions go through the crowded middle
- everyone is searching for Messi
- very few useful runs
- a few crosses but noone in the box
- dangerous counters against us

- at least we win the ball back quite fast

looks as always

Neeraj

Espa?ol look better than us... :lol:

And I don't mean relative to size either. They look like the better team objectively, and have had the best chance so far. Embarrassing.

fergus90

Puig and Fati needed for some much needed urgency. Otherwise we just play at the same speed all game back to the usual sterile football.

xXKonan

I'd sub Fati and Puig on.

Suarez is having another poor game and slower than molasses and Rakitic-Roberto are just too conservative and one of them needs to come off.

serghei

I'd sub Fati and Puig on.

Suarez is having another poor game and slower than molasses and Rakitic-Roberto are just too conservative and one of them needs to come off.

Yeah, way way too slow. Busquets and Rakitic are too slow as well. With this kind of speed of play you're dead against defensive teams, they could defend all day no problems.

Cool

That midfield is ass, Roberto is not made out for our midfield and Rakitic is already semi bad, what are we expecting out of this?

I know Puig is a kid and someone in his age is not exactly ready for first team football just yet. But, come on! he?s the only one that can drive the ball forward and make something happen, Roberto nor Rakitic can do that. Also, whoever decided that Busi has to press up the pitch to take the ball is a dumb as rocks, Busi in this age just doesn?t have the athleticism to do that, he leaves gaps behind and none plugs them in so we?re one pass away from being exposed.

One more thing, why does it look like we came for an evening stroll in the park with the lads? step up the rhythm, our players are out there looking like when me and my university friends play football, just unreal.

Home of Barca Fans