Lliga | Round 23: FC Barcelona - CD Leganés 2-1

FC B

Despicable play but if Lucho said he didin't even decided if he'll stay or not so I assume he'll at least stay until the end of the season since chicken Farto won't sack him even if he had to save his life by doing it... So there's no point in worrying furthermore.

Skucci102

I don't know whether I'm angry or relieved after this game.. a fair bit of both actually. I don't need any opinions as to how Gomes could still improve because it's pretty clear right now I guess. That guy is not barca material, and giving him more games just adds more resolution to the picture. I expected to let off some steam after the horror show but now it's just sealed in tight. I can't really find a reason for this performance tonight.. is Enrique too scared of his contract neg. that he doesn't train his players and set tactics? does he already know his time is up and wants everything to go up in flames? could it be a statement from some of the players against the gaffer? is this 13/14 all over again?

Richard.H

The best thing for both club and Lucho is for Lucho to resign. That way he goes out without the club going in full shitter and will leave a better impression on his legacy

Altomonte

not even during the Tata period I felt I wasted my time watching Barça. I hope they spend the next week practicing how to be Old Barça again. Atletico will have to play with a handicap, having to play in the CL during the week.

Horatio

You're welcome
Interesting stat(not incredible):

Since 118 years and 4250 games it has been the first time Barcelona played with just one spaniard.

Sepuldinho

i missed this game on purposed since i know Gomes will start and not worth my sleeping time. imagine 3.45 am game and watching Gomes passing back to Umtiti and Roberto :lucho:

JerseyAddict

Interesting stat(not incredible):

Since 118 years and 4250 games it has been the first time Barcelona played with just one spaniard.

:confused:
hmmm...

BTW. I can't remember when O watched so 1eyed some Barça match. I just watched for sake of watching. On my mobile... while playing with kid. Because I didn't wanted to miss the game and the game did nt deserved to be watched.

THAT IS A SAD FACT! :notme:

Last edited:

rixxer

Horror indeed.
I defended Lucho and I still think that he deserves to be treated respectfully, but right now there are no really good options- very hard to find right manager and you just can't replace players as well. It really seems that Vidal injury was fatal blow.
Messi reaction after the penalty said everything.
I really can't find any beam of light.

Asylum15

Was unable to watch last night live so just caught the full 90 now.

My thoughts:

- Rakitic has never ever been so low. His body language looks so dejected. Enrique really has killed him IMO. He's a long shot away from the RCM who's job was to help defend when Alves and Messi were up causing havok, or play as a RW at times, back when he had a CLEAR role and total confidence.
- Sergio Roberto continues to be exposed as a 'makeshift' RB, who's non natural defensive tendencies are costing him and us every week at this point. When does he go, when does he stay. When does he pass up the line, when does he go back to the CB beside him. He just cannot make the right decisions when under pressure.
- Rafinha/Gomes are both average players that keep the ball moving side to side but offer zero penetration or any magic of any sort. Rafinha CAN at times arrive in the box to score/assist but he's just so blatently average in most other areas.
- The front 3 are misfiring by their standards but the midfield is the bigger issue, offensively and defensively. We look SO vulnerable when anyone has pace in the centre on the counter. One ball in behind, one pass that splits our 2 CMs and we're in big trouble. Leganes didn't have the quality to punish us, PSG sure will.
- Umtiti has looked shaky lately in terms of sensing danger. His mind seems to drift sometimes and attackers can get in behind him. It almost cost us again in this game.

Not much else to say. Enrique should depart.

I'll just leave this picture here:

dc8t39.png

ATLBarcaFan

We are just incredibly average right now. La Liga is over, CL is over, team needs a complete overhaul from the coach on down.

TrueCule

Relax, nothing is over yet. On a good day and with a bit of luck we're still capable of turning the tie against PSG around. La Liga is far from over too. Real still have very tough fixtures until the end of the season, so everything can happen. Remember the 2014/15? In the first half of the season we played poorly, we were behind Real on La Liga table just like this year, everyone was asking Lucho to leave the club and then MSN decided to step up their game finishing with the treble in the end. I still have faith in this team and I believe that we can come out from this crisis even stronger.
Atletico next weekend will be a proper test to see where we stand. If we win, we're back on track.

JerseyAddict

If we win Atletico and RM loses in Valencia we are on -4. But of the showcase how we played AtM rematch and PSG and Leganes how we can win in Madrid? Only Messi magic. And that is to much to ask from that man every game.

Home of Barca Fans