Lliga | Round 20: FC Barcelona - Leganes 3-1

fergus90

You can tell Valverde thinks he’s the second most important player. Two minutes after 1-1, draws straight for Messi & Rakitic.

Zidane82

You can tell Valverde thinks he’s the second most important player. Two minutes after 1-1, draws straight for Messi & Rakitic.

But what has he actually done .. a few simple five yard passes and one useless attempted through ball into the box 📦

Barcaman

Administrator
Staff member
Missed the match. I assume that sexy starting midfield didn't deliver as Valverde subbed them off?

serghei

Missed the match. I assume that sexy starting midfield didn't deliver as Valverde subbed them off?

They did. Coutinho was bad though and Suarez wasn't too involved.

Alena, Arthur, Alba and Dembele played really well. The others not so much. And Messi was decisive since he came.

eaman

Messi performs a man of the match display in half an hour. Created about five times the amount of chances with him on the pitch. Great performance from dembele as well and I just hope the injury isn't serious. Alba was also very good

Neeraj

Just got back from the game. A lot of usual Valverde retardedness. I thought Alena was alright, I didn't think he was as great as many on here seemed to suggest. Coutinho really was god awful in this game. It was absolutely bizarre to see Alena being removed for Rakitic. If anyone should have come off, it should have been Coutinho. But what Rakitic adds at 1-1 exactly, only Valverde knows.

Dembele was grease lightning. I think this was one of his best performances in a Barca shirt. He was unplayable. I was watching the defenders constantly figuring out how to deal with him - his pace and skill were leaving them clueless. Monster today. His passing was splendid too, aside from the odd misplaced pass.

And Messi comes off to slay everyone in 30 mins. Save Valverde. Once again. *sigh* what a privileged job this fraud of a coach has.

PS, they really shouldn't be keeping such late kick offs on Sunday night, especially in this weather. The Camp is normally pretty poorly filled for smaller games, but it was pretty terrible today. It looked really empty, if I had to guess, maybe 60% attendance. Maybe it was higher, but the stadium really did look empty. It's really cold out and the Nou Camp normally has a pretty strong breeze blowing through. It would make a lot of sense to play a little earlier. I don't think a couple of hours is going to make that much of a difference, in terms of rest between Copa.

Leo_Messi

I missed the complete game for the first time in an eternity. Going to watch it later.

Can somebody give me a short summary in the meantime? Dembélé, Messi and Alba with some great performances I hear while Coutinho, once again and unfortunately, was very poor apparently. An ankle injury to Dembélé as well and talk about anything from 1 week out to 10 to 15 days.

How did Valverde do? Not yet seen the lineup or his substitutions.

How was the general play? Similar to what we witnessed against Eibar last week?

Anyway a good start to the second half of the season and an important win.

Just got back from the game. A lot of usual Valverde retardedness. I thought Alena was alright, I didn't think he was as great as many on here seemed to suggest. Coutinho really was god awful in this game. It was absolutely bizarre to see Alena being removed for Rakitic. If anyone should have come off, it should have been Coutinho. But what Rakitic adds at 1-1 exactly, only Valverde knows.

Dembele was grease lightning. I think this was one of his best performances in a Barca shirt. He was unplayable. I was watching the defenders constantly figuring out how to deal with him - his pace and skill were leaving them clueless. Monster today. His passing was splendid too, aside from the odd misplaced pass.

And Messi comes off to slay everyone in 30 mins. Save Valverde. Once again. *sigh* what a privileged job this fraud of a coach has.

PS, they really shouldn't be keeping such late kick offs on Sunday night, especially in this weather. The Camp is normally pretty poorly filled for smaller games, but it was pretty terrible today. It looked really empty, if I had to guess, maybe 60% attendance. Maybe it was higher, but the stadium really did look empty. It's really cold out and the Nou Camp normally has a pretty strong breeze blowing through. It would make a lot of sense to play a little earlier. I don't think a couple of hours is going to make that much of a difference, in terms of rest between Copa.

Thanks for that little summary. Unfortunately it sounds like the same old. Some poor attendance records this season and the last as well. Hopefully that will change for the better soon and resemble what it once was not too long ago.

Last edited:

soul24rage

Can somebody give me a short summary in the meantime

First half, tried to break down a defensive team. one of Dembele's best games for us. Alena had a great game.
Same pattern at the beg. of the second half until Leganes scored from bad defending by Pique and Vermaelen imo.

Because of this, EV tried to find a winner by playing a 4231 with Rakitic and Busi in midfield and Cou, Suarez, Messi and Dembele as the attacking four.
But Dembele got injured so subbed him out for Malcom

Messi changed the game as we scored from one of his shots.
A bit nerverwacking as it felt as though there was another goal in this game.
Coutinho didn't looked confident at all which contributed to a poor performance for the whole game

Leo_Messi

First half, tried to break down a defensive team. one of Dembele's best games for us. Alena had a great game.
Same pattern at the beg. of the second half until Leganes scored from bad defending by Pique and Vermaelen imo.

Because of this, EV tried to find a winner by playing a 4231 with Rakitic and Busi in midfield and Cou, Suarez, Messi and Dembele as the attacking four.
But Dembele got injured so subbed him out for Malcom

Messi changed the game as we scored from one of his shots.
A bit nerverwacking as it felt as though there was another goal in this game.
Coutinho didn't looked confident at all which contributed to a poor performance for the whole game

Cheers mate. Much appreciated.

Happy to hear that my man Dembélé is continuing his rise as a player for us. Aleñá with a good game too, I see (based on rankings given to him by the local press).

Vermaelen just returned after being out for over a month. Usually he is doing rather well all things considered.

What was Coutinho's problems this time around? Same old? Too much senseless ball-hogging, wrong decisions, losing possession too often and not enough of dynamism in his game? In other words the familiar and very frustrating pattern of his.

How did Malcom do in the limited time that he got?

Just seen that Rakitic was subbed on with 30 minutes left for Aleñá. Valverde cannot do without him it seems. He simply HAS to play.:lol:

Home of Barca Fans