Lliga | Round 20: FC Barcelona - Granada 1-0

devo901

I am pretty OK with this... more intensity, more pressing, faster passing ...less percentage football, less cowardly passing back and less chances for the opponent. Entertaining football... but this needs more energy from the team.

gregorrin10

We were trashing everyone at home with EV.
We were bad away from home.

Currently, 55 minutes at home, 0:0.

Do you understand a point?

Slavia Praha (by all accounts a worse team than Granada) says hi. :lol::lol::lol: At least tonight we scored the one in the end, Setien 'magic' of actually taking a risk and bringing on Puig, I guess. ;):p Valverde would've kept Raki on for 90 minutes and subbed off Griezmann for Semedo. :lol:

LMTR14

boring as fuck, still no drive towards the goal. almost didn't win it. what the hell was positive about that performance!?!

Gnidrologist

Usual suspects, who deny that team showed improvement already in this first match and with trash midfield to boot, should really fuck off. Even with lethargic Rakitic and chaotic Vidal, there was were more midfield penetration than in the whole season till now. Busquets looked better, because the system is better, even though he still is obviously a geezer, who will have to be phased out. For once midfield was actually saturated more centrally and made triangles that helped Messi to play closer to goal. With Arthur, Dejong and hopefully Puig (who had great cameo), this will looke even better. I'm more concerned about how our defense will cope with this more risky style, but they will have less work to do, if we can be so much better in possession.

terryzinc

- they thought Greizmann was a stone cold scorer he is not -the team needs a STONE COLD GOAL SCORER Messi cannot do it all - Greizmann is industrious but he wastes chances - Riqui Vidal should be starting every game they proved their worth today Fati is excellent for his age - THEY HAD TO FIRE VALVERDE because guys like Alena Todibo Riqui were starting to get frustrated and thinking about leaving - at least it was pretty to watch they just need a finisher Suarez at least could finish HE WILL BE MISSED - but the Le Maisa needs to be protected and promoted - Riqui lead to the first goal as did Vidal FFS

Setien actually left us less exposed at the back - there were 3 ATB at all times Valverde would leave 2 ATB

the other difference between Setien and Valverde is they would do a couple passes forward then ATTACK the goal - Valverede would just pass back pass back pass back dozens of times before any sort of attack would be made - it looked similar but it was NOT - the passing was forward for the most part and the goal was attacked quickly

Last edited:

BBZ8800

Slavia Praha (by all accounts a worse team than Granada) says hi. :lol::lol::lol: At least tonight we scored the one in the end, Setien 'magic' of actually taking a risk and bringing on Puig, I guess. ;):p Valverde would've kept Raki on for 90 minutes and subbed off Griezmann for Semedo. :lol:

I was talking about La Liga.

5:2 Betis
5:2 Valencia
2:1 Villareal
4:0 Sevilla
5:1 Valladollid
4:1 Celta
5:2 Mallorca
4:1 Alaves
0:0 Real
-------------------
1:0 Granada, against a 10 men

EV's team at Camp Nou against average La liga teams:
scored 5=4 times
scored 4=3 times
scored 2=1 time
scored 0 or 1 goal=never

So, even EV managed to win against these type of teams with 4-5 goals per match at Camp Nou.
Today, we couldn't break an 11men Granada for 70 minutes.

We moved more and we were chaotic in attack.
For some reason, we played without a RB.
And we played without anyone in the box.

Also, about pressing, let's see whether Messi and amigos will be dead tired after one Month or not.

You guys are laughing at Ev for subs, yet Setien made a first sub after 70 minutes, in "Ernie's" time without any changes to attack, where we had the biggest problems.

RevoTeller

We cannot play without a proper CF.
This is not 2011 anymore.

That's my only, true complaint, because the team will getter better but we are going to terribly miss a striker, especially in CL.

Felipetonelo

I was talking about La Liga.

5:2 Betis
5:2 Valencia
2:1 Villareal
4:0 Sevilla
5:1 Valladollid
4:1 Celta
5:2 Mallorca
4:1 Alaves
0:0 Real
-------------------
1:0 Granada, against a 10 men

EV's team at Camp Nou against average La liga teams:
scored 5=4 times
scored 4=3 times
scored 2=1 time
scored 0 or 1 goal=never

So, even EV managed to win against these type of teams with 4-5 goals per match at Camp Nou.
Today, we couldn't break an 11men Granada for 70 minutes.

We moved more and we were chaotic in attack.
For some reason, we played without a RB.
And we played without anyone in the box.

Also, about pressing, let's see whether Messi and amigos will be dead tired after one Month or not.

You guys are laughing at Ev for subs, yet Setien made a first sub after 70 minutes, in "Ernie's" time without any changes to attack, where we had the biggest problems.

Man, you never happy with anything are you? I'm seeing your last posts here and you always have a problem with something. It's seems that if you win the lottery you will have a problem with that.. "oh man I won the lottery but it's only 50$ million? this lottery is shit etc..."

Try to do things in life that gets you happier. Life can be sad sometimes but we can always try to make it better :)

Home of Barca Fans