Lliga | Round 19: RCD Espaynol - FC Barcelona 2-2

Zidane82

There’s no way that challenge from FDJ warranted a yellow !!
That’s nonsense especially after he was just deliberately stamped on and the guy didn’t get booked

Andresito

Staff member
This shows lack of balls from Valverde. Instead of subbing Messi/Suárez he takes off Griezmann and plays 4-3-2 with a man down lol.

Club de Amigos

Sailor Mars

Down to 10 men and Valverde takes off Griezmann. SMH. He is the hardest worker of the front 3. Suarez or Messi should have come off. Both of them were out of the picture on the 2nd goal.

raskolnikov

This shows lack of balls from Valverde. Instead of subbing Messi/Suárez he takes off Griezmann and plays 4-3-2 with a man down lol.

Club de Amigos

All his subs are predetermined. Its always the same, sub out rakitic/semedo/ for bob/vidal and then later fati for griezmann/dembele. It doest even matter what happens in the match. Its already written down.

kattanib

Club de Amigos

Exactly what I was thinking. Messi should’ve been subbed if it is pure based on performance and energy

Sweden

Was also surprised and irritated that G-man was subbed off.
Should have been Suarez.
G-man work hard in defence and Messi, well he is Messi.

gregorrin10

Lol, what i want instead is for guys like Rakitic to get shipped out. We'll probably have to finish trophyless before any meaningful changes can happen with this squad.

Sadly I don't think even a trophyless season would be enough to cause the massive changes we desperately need. I imagine it would maybe be enough for Valverde to be let go (but even that's questionable), but that's about it. Only a new Board in 2021 can save us. I'm almost certain that players like Suarez, Busquets, Pique, Alba, even Rakitic will stay at the club until 2021. Maybe even Vidal, if they send Alena (and Puig) on (another) loan in the summer.

devo901

Griez sub was strange ... in that moment when we need to defend : Griez > Messi who cares if we win 1-3 ? But hey you cant take down the world best player!

devo901

Barca has a couple of problems:
-. Valverde
-. old team
-. too many bad transfers in the last 4 years very costly (dembele, coutinho, ...)

Altomonte

if it is true that Messi returned from his X-Mas vacation on Jan 2, Valverde should understand that he can't play at 100%. After FDJ red card he should have subbed Messi, not Griezmann, who contributes much more defensively. Valverde is to be blamed for the Espanyol comeback.

Home of Barca Fans