Lliga | Round 15: FC Barcelona - RCD Mallorca 5-2

Andresito

Staff member
Not the first time this season where we play wonderful at Camp Nou. Although I haven't seen this kind of performance in our away games in a long long time.

mc_lovin

I actually enjoyed our last few games (Dortmund, Atletico and today), which hasnt happened in ages under Valverde.

Latschenkiefer

Home game, weak and badly instructed opponent. Play them away from home while they sit in their half with 4-5-1 and we are as clueless as always.

Nazario1985

Lenglet covering for Firpo being outside this world / Pique going afk which leaves Sergi alone with two opponent guys ..

Sure people will blame MATS for the second goal :D

ThwiX

Best midfielder around
Absolutely pathetic second half. Had to turn it off. Raging like crazy at our sleeping team. Arrogant as fuck with big leads as any Roma and Liverpool fan could tell you.

JerseyAddict

Entertaining match. The only problem is that Mallorca, bad as it was, scored 2.

But the match itself was so fun to watch.

EdmondDantes

We scored 5 like I predicted. Messi ran the show as always but we played a little better than I expected - in the first half at least.

But it's Mallorca, and they're utterly shite.

Altomonte

in defense of Valverde - Bayern, Man City and Juventus all lost.
But - of course - all three have something in common: they don't have Messi playing for them.

serghei

in defense of Valverde - Bayern, Man City and Juventus all lost.
But - of course - all three have something in common: they don't have Messi playing for them.

All had tough games, derbies. We played one of the weakest teams in the league at home.

gregorrin10

That Suarez finish was nice, but that 4th goal was all about De Jong...he was the center piece of all passing..what a player we have on our hands here, I didn't think I'd see anyone as good as Xavi and Iniesta ever again, but Frenkie has every chance of doing exactly that. If he's performing like this under Valverde, who makes almost all players worse and is the worst manager we've had in the past 20 years, imagine Frenkie under someone like Ten Hag, Pep or even Xavi himself for that matter. He ran the show at Ajax, ran their midfield at just 20 years old and pretty much ended Modric''s career, a Ballon'd Or winner (lol on that), and he's running our midfield and is our only midfielder (besides Arthur) creating anything meaningful from our midfield after just 5 months of being with the club!

Anyway, from this game I love Ter Stegen assist (so awesome lol), Griezmann goal, that Frenkie build up and Suarez's finish and of course, Messi hattrick!

If I had to bash someone tonight, it's Pique once again! He was dreadful again tonight, wtf was he doing in Mallorca's first goal, sleeping? And then Lenglet had to run after the attacker and try to save the situation, but he couldn't anymore. He was covering basically the whole side Pique should've been guarding! I guess that getting only 4 hours of sleep per night is starting to rub off (what a surprise!), since he's sleeping on the pitch instead! His reactions and pace are at an all time low ever since he's been at Barca.

Horatio

You're welcome
All had tough games, derbies. We played one of the weakest teams in the league at home.

Even bottom teams can show up at Camp Nou because of their motivation and complacency of the heavy favourite. Girona showed that.

Ofcourse we are expected to win here, but the inspired combining between the players is a positive take-away and can lead to better things in the future.

Ronaldinho10

Even bottom teams can show up at Camp Nou because of their motivation and complacency of the heavy favourite. Girona showed that.

Ofcourse we are expected to win here, but the inspired combining between the players is a positive take-away and can lead to better things in the future.

Yet the fact we conceded two goals seems to be the main thing to take from this game...

serghei

Yea, that's true. And the good performance is welcome. Context has to be added though for a fair representation.

Vilarrubi

Yea, that's true. And the good performance is welcome. Context has to be added though for a fair representation.

Let’s hope [MENTION=21723]Pedro[/MENTION] we can keep it up. We’ve played some poor games at Camp Nou this season too though, that was the best performance by far imo. Also the two goals by them were freak goals, Lenglet deflection and brainfart by Stegen, any other day we keep a clean sheet.

Last edited:

Home of Barca Fans