Lliga: Granada CF - FC Barcelona 1-3

JamDav1982

Except it's played few days after La Liga game :lol:

Which matters not at all.

The league game should have 100% focus and will have.

Did you want the team to be focusing on the league game Granda on run up to Man City game just because it is a few days after?

Kerrybai

If players are tired they should be rested as the Copa Semi is right around the corner. We should be winning this weekend even with a couple of regulars out.

Luftstalag14

Culé de Celestial Empire
If players are tired they should be rested as the Copa Semi is right around the corner. We should be winning this weekend even with a couple of regulars out.

What brought you the confidence, Kerry? Granada will put up a great effort against us at home.

JamDav1982

If players are tired they should be rested regardless.

There is no chance any inch should be given for the Copa game.

Barcaman

Administrator
Staff member
So you think we should rest players this Saturday to be prepared for next Wednesday's game against Villarreal, Bojan?

I think Lucho should rest few starters, yes. Namely Neymar who's been poor ever since Copa quarter vs. Atleti.

Which matters not at all.

The league game should have 100% focus and will have.

Did you want the team to be focusing on the league game Granda on run up to Man City game just because it is a few days after?

You seem to have failed to understand my initial post or, more probably, just fallen to your usual argumentative frame of mind.

Want it repeated for the 3rd time? Noone is giving up anything but focus should be Copa semi Villarreal in midweek.

JamDav1982

I think Lucho should rest few starters, yes. Namely Neymar who's been poor ever since Copa quarter vs. Atleti.

You seem to have failed to understand my initial post or, more probably, just fallen to your usual argumentative frame of mind.

Want it repeated for the 3rd time? Noone is giving up anything but focus should be Copa semi Villarreal in midweek.

What do you mean by 'focusing' on Copa game that means in no way affecting chances in league game then?

Enlighten us.

F

Flavia

Villarreal has a worse schedule than Barça, and we won the 1st leg. Focus need to be in la liga, or it will indeed be lost.

Kerrybai

What brought you the confidence, Kerry? Granada will put up a great effort against us at home.

I think we have enough strength in depth. Pedro, Barta, Xavi etc should be able to step in and do the job. If they can't then we have no business winning the title. I'm hoping some smart rotations gives us an edge with fitness and energy when the classico and last 8/4 of the CL rolls around, then maybe just maybe fatigue catches up with Madrid in April and May and we snatch the title.

JamDav1982

I think we have enough strength in depth. Pedro, Barta, Xavi etc should be able to step in and do the job. If they can't then we have no business winning the title. I'm hoping some smart rotations gives us an edge with fitness and energy when the classico and last CL roll around, then maybe just maybe fatigue catches up with Madrid in April and May and we snatch the title.

Do you not think those same players could avoid a two goal defeat away to Villareal?

If they cant do that they are probably not worth the cup.

The odds on qualifying in Copa are shorter than beating Granada. Beating Granada is the tougher task.

Morten

I think we have enough strength in depth. Pedro, Barta, Xavi etc should be able to step in and do the job. If they can't then we have no business winning the title. I'm hoping some smart rotations gives us an edge with fitness and energy when the classico and last 8/4 of the CL rolls around, then maybe just maybe fatigue catches up with Madrid in April and May and we snatch the title.

Speaking of the cup, i kind of wish that it was only one round like in other countries, it gives the smaller teams a chance. 1 match underdogs can win, over 2 matches its much more difficult.

Kohe321

Should always have 100% focus on the task infront of you, but be mindful of what comes after. We should rest some players like Neymar against Granada, but Lucho should do 100% effort to prepare tactics and plans before the game, and the players need to give it their all to win. We can't be in another situation where we drop points, and then suddenly Real comes into a bad form for a few weeks and drop points themselves, but we're not prepared to take advantage of it...

Granada away can be difficult, players should be going into the game completely focused on the task at hand. If we take it for granted it has banana peel written all over it.

Kerrybai

Do you not think those same players could avoid a two goal defeat away to Villareal?

If they cant do that they are probably not worth the cup.

The odds on qualifying in Copa are shorter than beating Granada. Beating Granada is the tougher task.

I don't really see what you are getting at, if they are tired now then they need to rest now. What you are suggesting is not rotating again this weekend and playing potentially fatigued players who then get rested midweek, the logical move is to rest them now while they are tired and play them fresh midweek.

That's how rotations work.

Speaking of the cup, i kind of wish that it was only one round like in other countries, it gives the smaller teams a chance. 1 match underdogs can win, over 2 matches its much more difficult.

Yeah I have heard this point brought up a few times, it depends on what countries you are comparing with though as some have 2 cup competitions. I always wonder if German teams have an edge in Europe as they have less games every year? Imagine if La Liga was 18 teams and the cup was 1 leg, that could mean up to half a dozen less games every year...fatigue issues solved?

Last edited:

JamDav1982

I don't really see what you are getting at, if they are tired now then they need to rest now. What you are suggesting is not rotating again this weekend and playing potentially fatigued players who then get rested midweek, the logical move is to rest them now while they are tired and play them fresh midweek.

That's how rotations work.

By all means rest any players that are fatigued this weekend but dont rest them just because there is a cup game in midweek.

Play the strongest team in Granada game if fit. Then rotate in Villareal game if needed and then strongest team in league next weekend.

Home of Barca Fans