Lliga: FC Barcelona - UD Almería 4-0

Barcaman

Administrator
Staff member
It was a good game. "Only" Almería but we didn't struggle as vs. some other weak teams.
Was a joy to watch Xavi bossing, nice golazos by Messi and Suárez.
Players that play rarely (Pedro, Roberto and Bartra) also had a great game.

Onwards and upwards!

F

Flavia

Not the best display. After the 2-0 the team clearly took the foot of the pedal, which was the smart thing to do. Hopefully against Sevilla they'll play better.

Poor game but enough to beat Almeria. Messi has been poor for 4 games at least now. He needs to get his form back, most important part of season is here.

4? He wasn't poor vs city, when he got that foot knock. Since that knock 3 games were played, counting today's.

FC B

Glad for the 3 points. Also no suspensions or injuries so everything is great so far!

StarLord

Very good game and win, 4 goals (should have been 5 with that inexplicably disallowed Messi goal) clean sheet, key players rested and without exerting our players too much.

Now, the real game begins with the first of a very tough and tight run of five uber-games.

Darko

Not really a good game, but our quality shore through, but I expect us to do better vs Sevilla and PSG.

raskolnikov

Very good game and win, 4 goals (should have been 5 with that inexplicably disallowed Messi goal) clean sheet, key players rested and without exerting our players too much.

Now, the real game begins with the first of a very tough and tight run of five uber-games.
Definitely, 2w/1d in la liga and getting by Psg is good, winning all and getting by psg is perfect.

StarLord

Not really a good game, but our quality shore through, but I expect us to do better vs Sevilla and PSG.

If we had played anywhere near 100% tonight we would have been the biggest idiots on the planet. We played perfectly well for the juncture in which we now find ourselves. This is the only thing with any importance right now.

pacp_96

Chief Of Footballing Matters
Did enough to win the game. 3 points in the bag and ready to move on to tougher challenges. Job done.

Ursegor

World Champion
Rested Pique, Mathieu, Busquets, Iniesta, Neymar completely and took off Rakitic and Alves. Absolutely awesome rotations. And another set piece goal. Where is the Unzue smiley? :unzue:

BerkeleyBernie

Only Almeria. Yeah.

But-

Call it what you want- 'boring' sideways passes, 'meaningless' possession, 'toothless' game control, it was a damn pleasure to see the whole team playing 'pass and move' football, positioning well and releasing the ball quickly. Three excellent goals and a solid fourth to top it off. I'll take this any day over the train wreck 'vertical' slop that was the Celta game (until Xavi came on).

Fuck yeah. Smooth, cool, Barça. Thank you.

Last edited:

Barcadub

Missed the game due to a funeral and afters to attend to.

4-0 is all good to me. And Madrid 0-0 nearing half time is absolutely awesome.

Kohe321

Rested Pique, Mathieu, Busquets, Iniesta, Neymar completely and took off Rakitic and Alves. Absolutely awesome rotations. And another set piece goal. Where is the Unzue smiley? :unzue:

I agree, we need an :unzue: smiley badly. The guy has earned it. :)

KingMessi

SiempreBlaugrana
I agree, we need an :unzue: smiley badly. The guy has earned it. :)

29878_ori_juan_carlos_unzue.jpg

Indeed.

Home of Barca Fans