Lliga: Cordoba - Barca 0-8

I

instinct

Apart from millions of other reasons which make it impossible to compare the 4-0 and the 3-0 to our current situation:

Heynckes' Bayern > Pep's Bayern

KingMessi

SiempreBlaugrana
Of course i'd be happy if Real drop points but at the same time if we lose the league by dropping points to Atletico then we never deserved to win it in the first place after dropping silly points earlier in the season, but this is football.

I read this in Roberto Mancini's voice.

Leo_Messi

In short, this is too good to be true :lol:

Oddly enough, i have a similar feeling about it. Not in La Liga though, more in the CL. I have a bad feeling the Bayern game.

My concern is actually the league rather than Bayern oddly enough. For my part it's the away trip to the Estadio Vicente Calderón and the likeliness of us needing to win that game. Won't be easy.

Winning the league title should be the main goal of every season and the league is also the main tournament. I see the CL as a bonus. Honestly speaking then it is also a very glorified tournament with a lot of hype.

BBZ8800

Apart from millions of other reasons which make it impossible to compare the 4-0 and the 3-0 to our current situation:

Heynckes' Bayern > Pep's Bayern

I am not saying that we can't win, but I just find it insane, this level of overconfidence from some of our fans towards a team:
1. against who's GK Messi never scored
2. who trashed us 7:0 only 2 years ago, when half of our current players played. And their's too
3. against whom we have 1 victory in a history in 8 official matches

I just hope that Lucho will slap players and that players don't share this overconfidence like this forum.
Otherwise, it won't end too well.

Titles are usually not won with overconfidence.

KingMessi

SiempreBlaugrana
I am not saying that we can't win, but I just find it insane, this level of overconfidence from some of our fans towards a team:
2. who trashed us 7:0 only 2 years ago, when half of our current players played. And their's too

I just hope that Lucho will slap players and that players don't share this overconfidence like this forum.

This is a football. The past means nothing. We make the future now.

xavi_the_Boss

3 years ago they played against RM and went through.2 years later they were trashed.With pretty much the same Team too.

KingMessi

SiempreBlaugrana
3 years ago they played against RM and went through.2 years later they were trashed.With pretty much the same Team too.

Amen. People have to realize that the past and historical records mean nothing. There are 180-210 minutes of football and anything can happen. And I believe in the team to go through.

Alen

My concern is actually the league rather than Bayern oddly enough. For my part it's the away trip to the Estadio Vicente Calderón and the likeliness of us needing to win that game. Won't be easy.

Winning the league title should be the main goal of every season and the league is also the main tournament. I see the CL as a bonus. Honestly speaking then it is also a very glorified tournament with a lot of hype.

Yeah, Atletico will be tough, but i think we'll win honestly.

Btw, hype matters. It defines the value of a trophy and the importance given to it. Most fans (that i've encountered) rate the CL as the most prestigious trophy to win.

Leo_Messi

Yeah, Atletico will be tough, but i think we'll win honestly.

Btw, hype matters. It defines the value of a trophy and the importance given to it. Most fans (that i've encountered) rate the CL as the most prestigious trophy to win.

Well, we will be favorites, especially if Atlético will have nothing to play for other than their pride, but I have a feeling that they won't be an easy nut to crack. That's just me or maybe the trauma of last season where we were unable to defeat them even once in 8 encounters (what a poor coach Tata was) and the fact that we lost the league title against them in the last league match, is still giving me nightmares.

I am not arguing against CL being the most prestigious club tournament in the world, I am just saying that the hype nowadays is almost bigger (if not bigger) than the actual tournament warrants. One would think that we are talking about the World Cup while the CL is an yearly tournament.

BBZ8800

I have repeated that 1000s of times here, but people just don't want to listen or they hate you because of similar posts.
Do you know how we (Barca), for example, always have problems against some La liga teams, like away match at Sociedad?
= can you say that the past doesn't mean anything there?
Then why is it repeating over and over?
-- and then, there are other teams against whom we always win
(Of course, someone will say now that we lost to Celta or someone after xx years.)
-- yes, surprises always happen, but there are always some teams who fit you better

Now, Barca vs Bayern and Real vs Bayern:
-- Barca has horrible statistics against Bayern
-- 1 win in 8 matches
-- we went through only once in 4 attempts against them

Real, on the other hand, doesn't have that much problems against Bayern, they are something like 10:10 or 12:12 in head to head matches
-- so, when Real knocks them out, that is not a surprise, because they always have 50:50 during a history

But Barca is another story.
Barca has physically much weaker players than Real, and Bayern is the worst opponent in the world for Barca.
For Real it is not. Real has different teams who can cause them more danger than Bayern.
Barca doesn't have any single team in the world who can traditionally cause them more troubles than Bayern.

So, I am not saying that we can't win.
But please stop with comparisons Barca vs Bayern and Real vs Bayern.
Our football philosophy always struggled against Bayern.

Also, in 8 matches against Bayern, we won only once, and only once managed to get a clean sheet (4:0 in 2009 at Nou Camp).
So, yes, different times, different teams, etc etc, but we are too overconfident against a team against whom we managed to keep a clean sheet only once in 8 matches.

For example, Nou Camp 1999' Champions league.
-- different era, different players, right?
Lol.
= Barca was always Barca. We had Figo, Rivaldo, Sonny Anderson, Giovanni, Kluivert, we had the most dangerous attack in the world back then (as always), we had a coach Van Gaal, we played attacking, beautiful football, as always
-- and Bayern? They were just the same old Bayern

Do you know how the match looked like?
= the same as any Barca:Bayern match
-- we hold the possession, and played beautiful, and they just counterattacked us, or scored after corner kicks, lol
-- virtually the same match as in 2013

Anyway, I watched Barca:Bayern back then, the same as now.
And it is the same football philosophy all the time.
we are Barca, we play more or less the same since always. And they play in a German way, but they play the best version of that football, and that never suits us.

Anyway, a short video from 1999:
-- take a look how they are scoring the same goals like in 2013:

And then people say how the history doesn't matter.
Something like that can say only someone who doesn't have too "long" history in following Barca (without offense to anyone).

Last edited:

Blaugrana Bull

HiiiPoWeR
I do not want to take just point of your post but: You know how Bayern is called by Real Madrid fans? "La bestia negra".
Bayern has a long history of defeating RM in crucial matches and they are anything but even.

CL statistics:

Bayern W: 10
Real W: 6
Draw: 2

It is probably not the best thing to try to give others a history lesson when you do not really know it yourself.

BBZ8800

Amen. People have to realize that the past and historical records mean nothing. There are 180-210 minutes of football and anything can happen. And I believe in the team to go through.

Remember this line of text in 10-15 years.

I can bet with you that you won't say that thing anymore ;)

KingMessi

SiempreBlaugrana
Remember this line of text in 10-15 years.

I can bet with you that you won't say that thing anymore ;)

Context is key, BBZ. I mean to say that history (as in historical results) doesn't mean anything when it comes to what will happen in the future. So what if Messi has never scored against Neuer? There is always a first time for anything.

BBZ8800

I do not want to take just point of your post but: You know how Bayern is called by Real Madrid fans? "La bestia negra".
Bayern has a long history of defeating RM in crucial matches and they are anything but even.

CL statistics:

Bayern W: 10
Real W: 6
Draw: 2

It is probably not the best thing to try to give others a history lesson when you do not really know it yourself.

I agree, mate, I will quote you:

So, you said 10-6 for Bayern, right?

Ok, let's see:
http://wildstat.com/p/1/ch/all/club1/ESP_Real_Madrid/club2/GER_Bayern_Muenchen

Bayern:Real:
2000: 4:2, 4:1, 0:2, 2:1
2001: 1:0, 2:1
2002: 2:1, 0:2
2004: 1:1, 0:1
2007: 2:3, 2:1
2012: 2:1, 1:2 (Bayern won after penalties)
2014: 0:1, 0:4

-- that is actually 8:7 in victories if 2:1 for Real without penalties is Real's victory over 120 minutes

So, thanks for giving me history lessons with wrong numbers, mate.

Anyway, since I was giving lessons, I will continue in that manner to prove my point, lol.
So, Barca vs Bayern is different to Real vs Bayern.

Barca:Bayern total matches:
1 win, 2 draws, 5 defeats
http://wildstat.com/p/1/ch/all/club1/GER_Bayern_Muenchen/club2/ESP_FC_Barcelona

Real:Bayern
7 wins, 1 draw, 8 wins

-- so, you see, I don't think that I am lying when I say that Barca has much bigger problems with Bayern than Real, because we managed to win once in 8 official matches
-- while Real managed to win 7 times in 16 official matches
(So, yes, Real also don't like to play against them, but they DO knock them out from time to time, or at least more often than we do)

My apologies if my sources from that page are wrong.
I always check the sources before my posts.
But if they are wrong, then ok, my numbers are wrong then.
:cheers:

Last edited:

Home of Barca Fans