Liverpool

Jadentheman

I would agree, except Salah is world class. You could say he's only shining because "system player". But Salah has done some things this season that make him unplayable and just as crucial as Thiago. He just peaked later.

Bobo32

I would agree, except Salah is world class. You could say he's only shining because "system player". But Salah has done some things this season that make him unplayable and just as crucial as Thiago. He just peaked later.

Ok maybe. I think there are hundreds of players around at this very moment who are not rated by anyone but would become "unplayable" in the right circumstance and with the right confidence though.

Devils

No one can stay on top forever.

Klopp will learn that lesson soon enough if he stays another 4 years there.

Quote me on this.

Birdy

No player but Thiago is truly top 5 in the world in this team. It is all about a functioning system. Yeah yeah you will say van Dijk, who played at second rate clubs until he was 26, Salah, who couldn't make it at Chelsea or Roma, Mane, who scored 21 goals in 67 games for Southampton between ages 24-26, Henderson and Milner who was a joke to everyone before Klopp arrived, and the full backs Arnold and Robertson (at Hull at 23) are all truly inherently world class, but put them in another team and they would all struggle.

This is not about the players, and not even about Klopp being a genious, but mostly about a coherent and sound idea whose time had come, and given the time to be realized. Klopp could've been fired early, most of the players could've just as well been in conference league level clubs at this moment.

Doesn't all this apply to any player you can name?
Actually, I am surprised you only singled out Thiago, when it took him a long while to get accustomed to Klopp's football

Bobo32

Doesn't all this apply to any player you can name?
Actually, I am surprised you only singled out Thiago, when it took him a long while to get accustomed to Klopp's football

To some degree yes, players are dependent on their team always, and it's tough to be top 5 if you play in a non-functioning team.

Thiago was great at 18 in Barcelona, then in Bayern, and then in Liverpool. I never doubted him. He could theoretically be top 1 in the world at what he does and still not be of use in Klopps system though.

fergus90

No player but Thiago is truly top 5 in the world in this team. It is all about a functioning system. Yeah yeah you will say van Dijk, who played at second rate clubs until he was 26, Salah, who couldn't make it at Chelsea or Roma, Mane, who scored 21 goals in 67 games for Southampton between ages 24-26, Henderson and Milner who was a joke to everyone before Klopp arrived, and the full backs Arnold and Robertson (at Hull at 23) are all truly inherently world class, but put them in another team and they would all struggle.

This is not about the players, and not even about Klopp being a genious, but mostly about a coherent and sound idea whose time had come, and given the time to be realized. Klopp could've been fired early, most of the players could've just as well been in conference league level clubs at this moment.

Agree that Thiago is a top 5 midfielder although Milner was not a joke. Was already a 2X PL and FA Cup winner with Manchester City and very versatile. Also won PFA young player of the year when he was with Villa.

Henderson obviously was close to being sold before but turned the situation around.

Bobo32

Agree that Thiago is a top 5 midfielder although Milner was not a joke. Was already a 2X PL and FA Cup winner with Manchester City and very versatile. Also won PFA young player of the year when he was with Villa.

Henderson obviously was close to being sold before but turned the situation around.

Milner was a very big talent, a big prospect, once. Like Luke Shaw, Theo Walcott or Phil Jones also were.

He was always a good player, I certainly never trashed him, but if around the moment when Messi got Peps jaw dislocated someone would claim Milner was close to being or had the chance of becoming a top 5 midfielder in the world, it would be as funny as my Puig comment is for some.

AnfieldEd

I am Leg End

:slap::huh::no:

El Gato

Villarato!
Gotta like Kloppo stones
Gets asked about renewals of his two main attackers and literally gives an 'I dont care, it's their life and their choice' answer
Dont think that'd pass in most other backrooms, shows how much trust he's got to not hestitate and speak like that

DonAK

President of FC Barcelona
Gotta like Kloppo stones
Gets asked about renewals of his two main attackers and literally gives an 'I dont care, it's their life and their choice' answer
Dont think that'd pass in most other backrooms, shows how much trust he's got to not hestitate and speak like that

I'm sure he speaks to his players trying to convince them to renew though. It's just that he doesn't want to speak about these things to the press who keep asking him.

Temptation

Gotta like Kloppo stones

Love him. He knows he's the boss.

Fuck player power. Klopp is the king. My manager.

Home of Barca Fans