Lionel "The Greatest of All Time" Messi

Status
Not open for further replies.

Birdy

I agree.
And I think 24 y.o. Mbappe also absolutely has to change his attitude. I hope he will understand it.

If Mbape had a coach like Klopp or Pep, he would never ever see the pitch with this kind of attitude.
Look at Salah at Liverpool how much he runs his ass every game in pressing defending and tracking back all across the pitch
Same for KDB Haaland, etc at City

In top teams of top coaches, no passengers are allowed on the pitch
That happens only in Galacticos teams, or teams ruled by the Amigos

malvolio

Wouldn't say Messi ran his ass off. Argentina definitely have a system built around him where they have to compensate for lack of pressing from him. But he definitely is more active for Argentina for sure.

I think his age is a big factor nowadays. I think if he exerts himself too much during a game his body does not recover in time and as such will accumulate fatigueness too fast into the season.

He is more involved because they were smart enough to maximise his output by building the team around him. At PSG he has to share the limelight with two other ball hoggers. And many a times I've seen their players making stupid passes to the player who wasn't the best positioned. It's like they play to please the three superstars and forget how to play.

Best Messi is involved Messi and a Messi who can depend on the midfield fulfilling a certain role.

Mitchell1978

He is more involved because they were smart enough to maximise his output by building the team around him. At PSG he has to share the limelight with two other ball hoggers. And many a times I've seen their players making stupid passes to the player who wasn't the best positioned.

PSG is mostly built around Mbappe

BarcaOG

Banned
straight up CL loser lmfao

congrats on winning the most corrupt WC in history, i guess? in a few years well prob find out the whole thing was rigged. ill take another fat w then. lmao

Muller is too eager to say stuff imo.

muller has humiliated messi so many times hes prob lost count. its not like hes wrong.

hes not wrong about CR either. CR destroyed them.

KingLeo10

neither '11 and '15 CL seasons come any close in terms of individual performance.

Dude you are deranged...Messi was at the peak of his powers physically in 2011 and 2015. He was dropping solo goals on the likes of RM and Bayern in CL semis in those seasons.

Absolutely no one believes Messi had a higher individual level in 2019 compared to 2011 or 2015...now as for his RELATIVE individual level given the team around him, it's a different discussion.

I can't believe I have to actually state such things

KingLeo10

Muller is too eager to say stuff imo.

He hasn't been relevant in elite circles for a while now

2 group stage WC exits in a row, got clowned at Euro by England lol, lost to Villareal last season in CL

Anyway, the arrival of the cockroaches was well predicted

calma they'll be back like cockroaches once Barca is out of EL and PSG out of CL

:lol:

Anyway, I own these cockroaches

hello KL

u won in the end, it seems....

Last edited:

malvolio

Birdy was either just another alt for the trolls all along or he became a villan because of all the hits he took on here. The guy is not even a Barca fan at this point. Simping for everything or anyone anti-Barca.

DonAK

President of FC Barcelona
I'm not totally convinced even a manager like Klopp or Pep could convince Mbappe to press and run like other players.

He's reaching the point where he's bigger than any manager out there. At least that's how clubs will see it I think. So if I had to bet I'd say even with those two someone like him would get a lot of freedom to not run or press as much.

Porque

You can probably win the CL if Mbappe is the only player who is not pressing as much in the team. His pace and explosiveness is unprecedented in the transition.

Messi on the other hand, not so much. Sure you can play a nice managed game like Argentina in the World Cup where you congest the field and play the percentages for a few moments of genius. But Messi is going to need the rest of the team around him to support his attacking play, and not just be unleashed into space like Mbappe can be.

Club football at the highest level is just too fast and too physical for slow building attacks.

PSG will have to pick one in Europe and stick to it. But they got Messi for the marketing and it seems to have worked. All their social media followers are up, so even more people saw the latest failure. Everyone's happy.

DonAK

You can probably win the CL if Mbappe is the only player who is not pressing as much in the team. His pace and explosiveness is unprecedented in the transition.

Messi on the other hand, not so much. Sure you can play a nice managed game like Argentina in the World Cup where you congest the field and play the percentages for a few moments of genius. But Messi is going to need the rest of the team around him to support his attacking play, and not just be unleashed into space like Mbappe can be.

Club football at the highest level is just too fast and too physical for slow building attacks.

PSG will have to pick one in Europe and stick to it. But they got Messi for the marketing and it seems to have worked. All their social media followers are up, so even more people saw the latest failure. Everyone's happy.

While I generally agree with you, I don't think PSG are winning anything until they improve their midfield significantly.

Guys like Vitinha, Fabian Ruiz, Danilo, Renato Sanches have no business starting for a team that aspires to win the CL. They're easily bullied even by B-tier sides who have a decent midfield.

Porque

While I generally agree with you, I don't think PSG are winning anything until they improve their midfield significantly.

Guys like Vitinha, Fabian Ruiz, Danilo, Renato Sanches have no business starting for a team that aspires to win the CL. They're easily bullied even by B-tier sides who have a decent midfield.

That's true. Alot of pundits are talking about how their signings in midfield regressed the last few years. IE, lack of project and certainly this summer, Campos coming in and naively thinking he could do (and had the time and no pressure) what he done at Lille at PSG.

Here is the midfield and forward line when PSG beat us 4-1 at Camp Nou in 2021. They obliterated us that night.

----Verratti-Paredes-Gueye-----
----M. Kean-Icardi-Mbappe-----

Here is the midfield when they reached the CL final

---Herrera-Marquinhos-Paredes---
---Di Maria-Mbappe-Neymar---

Not spectacular but hardworking and done the work to get to the forward line quickly. Then those forward lines are very hardworking outside of Mbappe.

Also, can't ignore that while it's easy to poke fun of their exit, but that the main reason they are out is because they drew Bayern Munich. Had Benfica not dramatically scored a few late goals then they would have topped their group and possibly got a team like Brugge.

Of course they would likely head out against the next strong team they faced, but a Quarter or Semi exit will certainly be perceived differently.

Last edited:

BarcaOG

Banned
lmao these messibois on some potent copium

anyone who points out the basic and evident fact that messi is a CL chump loser is a 'troll'

lmao

DonAK

Paredes nothing special, but strange how PSG desperately tried to get rid of him only to replace him with Soler?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Home of Barca Fans