Lionel "The Greatest of All Time" Messi

Status
Not open for further replies.

soul24rage

FkSxkMFWIAAKetF

Pedro

La Masia
<blockquote class="twitter-tweet"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">&#55357;&#57000; Scaloni: “Messi should have a place in the next World Cup. If he wants to continue playing, the '10' will always be his.”</p>— All About Argentina &#55357;&#57038;&#55356;&#56806;&#55356;&#56823; (@AlbicelesteTalk) <a href="https://twitter.com/AlbicelesteTalk/status/1604575042062499840?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">December 18, 2022</a></blockquote> <script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

Barcaman

Administrator
Staff member
You can say, I was there when this kid came through and I was there when he became best in history. All this happened while we were here: 2008-2022.

:worthy:

DonAK

President of FC Barcelona
He looked so relieved after Montiel's winning penalty. Like all the weight on his shoulders dropped in an instant.

serghei

Unpopular opinion but for me on the night Mbappe and Martinez were better and more deserving candidates for that POTM award.

Don't think so. Mbappe was kind of missing until min 80 or so. Since min 80 he was the best but... kind of a big part of the match he was not too involved.

Same for Emi. Only amazing save he made until the shootout was made in the 124th minute.

FiReFTW

It is not sealed and it shouldn't be sealed IMO. Giving the Ballon based on 7 games of football is stupid to begin with, especially because the next Ballon will be awarded in 11 months :lol: France Football fucked up badly, they should have given the 2022 Ballon a little later to include the biggest competition of 2022, the WC. Then Leo would probably beat Benzema.

In any case, if PSG wins the CL, then it would be a toss up between Leo and Mbappe. Considering Mbappe teared the WC and would most likely be PSG's #1 option in a potential CL win, I could very well see him win the Ballon. In general I don't see the 35-36 y.o. Messi consistently outperforming Mbappe.

If another team wins the CL and Messi underperforms in the CL then it is anyone's guess.

At the end of the day, I sincerely doubt that Leo cares about the Ballon at the moment. He already has inarguably the greatest trophy cabinet in history. And no one is reaching his mythical Ballon record anyway.

Yeah but the World Cup always had the biggest effect on the ballon d'or winner, sometimes players won just because winning the world cup but were not the best players in the club level or won much.

Total-Football

Congrats messi the indisputable goat ! From someone who watched u and believed u were going to be the goat since u were 16 playing with barca B!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Home of Barca Fans