Lionel "The Greatest of All Time" Messi

Status
Not open for further replies.

Morten

As it should be, do you see anyone better than him at providing assists in this Barca team? Dembele can't even cross the ball good once per game.

If you want "every" attack to go through Messi again, fine by me.
Reminder that it didn't work well in big games last few seasons, they would just crowd him out, and Barca's attack was neutralized, more or less.

Its not going to work any better now, with Messi being 3 years older.

CatalinR10

If you want "every" attack to go through Messi again, fine by me.
Reminder that it didn't work well in big games last few seasons, they would just crowd him out, and Barca's attack was neutralized, more or less.

Its not going to work any better now, with Messi being 3 years older.

Yeah no fucking shit it was neutralised cause he didn't have a striker in front of him. I'm not counting Fortnite Griezboi and Martin ,, I will own next year " Braithwaite as competent strikers.

Good luck stoping those juicy passes towards Lewandowski.

Morten

Yeah no fucking shit it was neutralised cause he didn't have a striker in front of him. I'm not counting Fortnite Griezboi and Martin ,, I will own next year " Braithwaite as competent strikers.

Good luck stoping those juicy passes towards Lewandowski.

Lewandowski will be 35 by the time of next season, no guarantee it will work against top sides.

Fati_Future_BallonDor

Every 4 years Messi turns to GOAT mode, nothing new. Next season he will play much worse and then people will say he should have not come back. Chapter Messi is over.

CatalinR10

Lewandowski will be 35 by the time of next season, no guarantee it will work against top sides.

It probably won't vs top tier teams but I'd rather not shit my pants for the 2nd or 3rd year in a row that we won't make it out of the groups of CL.

Last edited:

JohnN

Νo point in getting Messi back, even if we would surely be better with him. Except if people think that PSG who have their eye on CL are stupid to play him or are worse than us.
But even so, after this season Messi will have played his last WC and will be on retirement age. We should move on and he should retire to MLS and enjoy his legacy and achievements.
After a certain age it's not only the body that can't follow but the mind has other, more important priorities than football.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Home of Barca Fans